No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Robert's path myself though Herc is correct that others might have skipped some back techs to get to the religions first. I just know we need one if we want to be a peaceful builder because religions are just that powerful in this game. As an added bonus Robert's proposed tech path gets us CoL which will need to REX.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• NEW TURN

New barb. Should be no prob.

Another barb. Send chariot east.

Bellerophon's journey.

Comment

• We screwed around with junk
        We took the path that gave us the best options irrespective as to what our opponents did. As a result we have the most science, the highest GDP, etc. Had we gone down the religion path and then missed out - we would be much worse off. As it is, we haven't deviated from the strategy yet. Our strategy has given us opportunities to grab a religion - because we didn't cut anything off.

This is the big fork in the road - do we stick to our strategy which is working, or try something different?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0139.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	488.1 KB
ID:	9094198Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0138.JPG
Size:	517.6 KB
ID:	9094200

More pictures, possible city sites are marked, you can make new suggestions if you like.
          Few things:
          -Ok, lets send the workboat east and build a new one after library in port boreas. But then I suggest We offer the open border now to the Inca (hopefully they won't close it once our workboat gets there)
          -Very unfortunate that it's RB who got Hinduism... quite surprising that none of the civs who starts with mysticism went for religion..
          -I sent the workers on chopping spree.. seeing how much the other civs are expanding we need every bit of production, and rthis way we are using mathematics (I'm quite sure we are the only civ which has it).
          -tech path: meditation/priesthood/monarhy (note: I considered an other path: polytheism/priesthood/monotheism/monarchy. this path is longer, but "cheaper", we would get 20% discount from monarchy)
          -once we reach monarchy we switch to slavery/hereditary rule, we slave granaries in our cities, the we slave hammams. the soldiers and hammams should solve our happyness problems for long.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I am happy with the suggested tech path. ie med. priest momarchy.

I suggest the site marked beside the copper resource as a next city.

I thought you said India founded Hinduism? and Judaism.

Could we use our chariot in the west to kill that barb and then do a bit of exploration.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                I'm puzzled by this.. in the turn hinduism was founded only 3 civs got score bump and RB was not among them...I don't know how is this possible, but i must assume I made a mistake..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                  I am happy with the suggested tech path. ie med. priest momarchy.

I suggest the site marked beside the copper resource as a next city.

Could we use our chariot in the west to kill that barb and then do a bit of exploration.
                  I like this.

WRT build order. I like the idea of having a granary and a +2 happiness in each city with a hammam but I wonder if building those would not put us far behind in expansion. I suppose it would be ok though as we have the settler for the bronze city being built now though. I would like to see us start REXing soon after that though and to help happiness there is the fur near by which would give every city +1 so what do people think of only putting Hammams in cities which need them really soon and then building at least one more settler to take advantage of the furs? That would also help our happiness situation.
                  Last edited by Dinner; November 25, 2012, 20:05.

Comment

• I had a look at the turn.

There are 4 religions now founded, Maybe RB found Buddism?

Zulu has 3 cities
                    Inca has 6 cities
                    Aztec has 4 cities

We are still up there.

New settler 4 turns away as far as I can see but production going fine overall.

Comment

• How can you tell how many cities they have? Also do we want Bell to continue further south in hopes that they run into more civs which we can establish contact or do we want him to start going in a different direct? Walking around the northern edge of the Aztec civ might be good just so we can know exactly how far away they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        How can you tell how many cities they have? Also do we want Bell to continue further south in hopes that they run into more civs which we can establish contact or do we want him to start going in a different direct? Walking around the northern edge of the Aztec civ might be good just so we can know exactly how far away they are.
                        Like Mzprx said, when you open the Diplo screen ingame with a civ you have met, the number of cities is shown in their side as is the number of cities on ours.

Yes to walking around the north of the Aztec city.

Comment

• These pictures are from the same turn.
                          Belle went SE. there was no consensus where we should send him, so I continued in the original direction. Hopefully we will find others in the south. (note, that barb warrior is wounded, probably killed an aztec scout).

Note the Inca warrior heading towards our direction.
                          Since they have so many cities talking about borders could be a good idea. also: I need diplomatic aproval to offer them open borders.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0143.JPG
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	9094222Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0140.JPG
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	9094220Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0145.JPG
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	9094224
                          Attached Files

Comment

• New turn

in the west we killed the barb 8since it moved into open field it was best to attack it so we could get use the retreat chance.
                            In the east I suggest our chariot move to the east and our workers continue chopping.
                            I just saw that the barb warrior near Belle has 2 promotions. it must be a killer barb . Let's decide now what to do with belle.
                            A: move north then NW exploring the land between us and the aztec
                            B: go south (B1: SW, B2 SE) if we choose B for now we will move onto the forest and probably kill this barb champion (we need one more xp for woodsman 2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0147.JPG
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	9094226Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0150.JPG
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	9094228Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0151.JPG
Size:	623.0 KB
ID:	9094230
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I vote:

Option A

and

Offer Open Borders to Inca
                              (when our workboat arrives we will get extra trade).

I agree with city placement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
                                I vote:

Option A

and

Offer Open Borders to Inca
                                (when our workboat arrives we will get extra trade).

I agree with city placement.
                                I agree with Cal.

What promotion should we give our successful chariot or just wait and see the circumstances.

That Barb near Belle is 1.9 plus promotions, so not that weakened.

Comment

Working...
                                X