No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ((I always try to do some fine tuning. (for example previous turn I built a mine for one turn, because i did not want to finish cutting the forest yet.because 3 hammer tile is better than 1F/2H, but I finished cutting now, because port Boreas will need that mine (mine SE of Boreas will be ready exactly when needed.)
    We have to work on those forest tiles to get library finished in 2t so we can resume researching sooner. After that however we won't need production (we will work on 3 cottages, cow, deer , corn ))

Comment

• Well, I'll let you take the lead then

(as long as we will have more workers soon)

(later on when we have militairy / tactical moves to make: then I opt to be the turnplayer..)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0125.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	9094074Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0126.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	9094076

Some pictures from current turn
        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the screens. That barb back to attack I see. Belle still healing and at 4/5 experience.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• He should win provided the barb attacks.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I had a few minutes to take a look today. We killed the barb, but there is an other approaching Apolyton. What is worse is that there is an other barb coming at Aurora from the south threatening our gold mine. Previous turn I moved Apollo between horse city and Aurora so for now Apollo could move into Aurora and the current defender can move to the hill so we would have good chance to save the mine.
              Problem is though that horse city's defense will be weak.. let's hope no barb shows up anytime soon.

Btw 2nd library is ready, we will resume researching, fitst mathematics, it shall take no more than 5 turns, then we can choose what next. I believe since we can't be sure when we can secure the bronze we could consider taking archery.

Comment

• When we build a chariot (3 turns) in Apolyton our defensive situation will improve dramatically.

Look at the position I marked with "Chariot Base" from that position all cities (including the deer and pig tile) can be reached.
                Last edited by Calanthian; November 5, 2012, 07:33.

Comment

• Annoying add..

Comment

• I think we should research Iron Working (5 turns) next:
                    perhaps we are lucky and Iron Working is within our borders.

Furthermore we need masonry to start building hammams.

Comment

• Normaly I would be against building a chariot in the capital now, but seeing an other barb coming from the north i'm only mildly objecting it. Thing is that the plan was to focus on great scientist and worker/settler production, that's why i did not finished the mine for example. Also mathematics should be ready in 5 turns somehow, but this way it will be delayed so worker turns should be redesigned. Anyway I will take a look later and see what could we do.
                      I know many would support Cal's "build a chariot now" suggestion, so I will plan along that way.

Comment

• I like the idea of iron working as it might give us access to advanced weapons in less time than building the bronze city. Still that is a craps shoot so I'd still plan for the bronze city though we'll have to handle the barb wondering around next to it right now.

BTW I agree that we need a chariot because very not only will we see a lot more barbs but we will very shortly start seeing axemen (and probably spearmen) against which our warriors are worthless. The chariot isn't much of a step up but it is far better than the only other thing we have.

Comment

• As a compromise between science and defense I suggest we build the chariot in 4 turns. This way the chariot will be ready before the barb could attack and mathematics will be ready in 5 turns.

our GNP is great btw, now it's double of the average GNP

Comment

• I can go with this as long as no jeopardy to what we have.
                            Last edited by Hercules; November 5, 2012, 17:46. Reason: spelling
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Yeah, I want to make sure there is no jeopardy as well. If another barb shows up then that could be a big problem.

Comment

• a chariot will help to hunt barbarians outside our borders and may us help to expand.
                                We need it in the 4th turn, no need to rush it in 3 then.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X