No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This turn we received the great prophet and a worker from Aztec, we send them the first cargo of riflemen. We have a sea route where our galley can go a full turnaround just in 3 turns and hopefully RB won't be able to see these transfers.
    Meanwhile our powergraph is rising rapidly.. we are stil lbelow average, but our power is already half of EGypt's, I think we can keep up the drafting for long while also keeping a good science rate. We are mostly building barracks and units, but still finished universities, courthouses recently, so that part is not neglected. Soon we will try to build two national wonders, first the national epic, then we will try the globe theater.

Comment

• just a pic from the iceland. there would be a place to build the silver city where it had access to the silver and one of the clams, however it would take too long to connect it.. So i guess we will build this city on the silver then we will bring two more to the island later and build money cities for both clam resources.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0417.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	9095893
      Attached Files

Comment

• At least if we build windmills on those hills we'd get some food and production.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Looks like we can get 2 further early techs in 2 turns if we want. Meanwhile we are 4th in soldiers.

I thought I saw we had a GS. Was that an exchange? Anyway it would us Chem istry, but it would take drafting or gold to give us that edge. Maybe thru city capture it would pay?
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	9095899Looks like we can get 2 further early techs in 2 turns if we want. Meanwhile we are 4th in soldiers.

I thought I saw we had a GS. Was that an exchange? Anyway it would us Chem istry, but it would take drafting or gold to give us that edge. Maybe thru city capture it would pay?
            Attached Files

Comment

• I'm all for getting those early techs we missed. That said, we appear to still be i last place in power. At least it is finally going up in a serious way for the first time in the game though. Hopefully we won't trade away any more units.

Honestly, at the rate everyone else is slaving I'd be surprised to see us get above average in power.

Comment

• demograph is lagging behind, we are more powerfull now than aztec and hre, and our powergraph will keep rising as we bring in 5 new units each turn. i assume we will spend a long time in the riflemen era, big wars are ahead.. evey civ will give in everything to survive what is coming.

Comment

• Do we still have the great scientist?

Comment

• Yes. we should probably bulb it into chemistry, i don1t know better use of it.

Comment

• Drafting some of those grenadiers would be useful as RB will soon have riflemen.

Comment

• I don't think we can draft them. We could build them though.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yes, greanadiers can not be drafted, and probably we won't build them either. rifles+cannons work better than rifles+grenadiers so if we have a choice which one to build we should build cannons.

Aztec has requested a money loan at t169-170 which they would start to pay back from then. (they could pay it back ina few turns) They would use this money to upgrade their mounted units to cruisaries. I suggest we give them the money, it is our interest to hit rb closer to their core so we will meet lesser resistance at inca land. For the loan I will request that we receive their gem resource longer.. unless there is objection about this loan (5-800 gold).

Comment

• re loan to Aztecs: fine with me go ahead. and go for cannons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                              re loan to Aztecs: fine with me go ahead. and go for cannons.
                              +1
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Are we going to be able to upgrade our own units? Alternatively if we can upgrade some of our older units to grenadiers then that might be a better way to improve our Army while still building the cannons we need.
                                Last edited by Dinner; August 3, 2013, 02:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X