No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Dinner, I moved the warrior 1E, proposed move is to go NE (the tundra) to try to explore that area, possibly clearing the coast sight for trade routes. (*edit: Thinking of it, Aurora might need the warrior, as it soon hits the happyness limit)
    Btw in this turn we are no 1. in GNP, food and production (as well as in score tied with Realmsbeyond). GNP doesn't mean much, we know one of the civs have much better base commerce, they just probably don't research something with research bonus while we get our 40% for writing)
    Last edited by mzprox; October 3, 2012, 06:30.

Comment

• Cool! How about power? Where's the average and bottom and top now?

Remind me, is this normal or epic speed?

Comment

• Our power rating is average (22k while 28k is the max and 15 the min).
        It's normal speed

Comment

• we know one of the civs have much better base commerce, they just probably don't research something with research bonus while we get our 40% for writing
          Or they were doing a tech at +40%...

Comment

• still, our now gnp is 42 with 40% bonus and max science (and with the new city already working our first cottage). That civ had 54!! two turns before.

anyway, I have set path for the next few turns, building cottages all over the place. after that however..it's hard to stay focused. we need many things and the conditions are not good.:
            our cities can't grow becaue of unhappynes, we don't have too many things to build and if we build anything but settler/worker we need to abandon our food tiles which is a waste. We can try to settle aggressively, build great scientists soon, going into slavery or wait for a better moment etc.
            The new city has started on a fishing boat, but it
            + will take too long to finish it, and even then we need library and border pop firs- but if we abandon fishing boat later for library it may get hammer decay..
            I'm just telling these to let you see, it's quite hard to find the best way.
            Last edited by mzprox; October 3, 2012, 15:19.

Comment

• The new city needs a developed hill-mine..

When writing is finished we can start libraries at least..

My approach would be to get the gold, horses and fur hooked up.

Comment

• What do people think of after BW we bee line to Code of Law? That way we can build courthouses, found a religion, and really start expanding. It would also help us with our happiness cap problem.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• An unfortunate event.. Diomedes has met a bear while only protected by a hill.. Our Warrior near the Inca hasn't moved yet, there is a panther, need input what to do.

Gold and horse will be connected soon. About the port city: I think working on cottages (at least on the floodplains) first is better. I think we should go for mathematics soon and chop/slave the library there when we can.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	9093942Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	9093944
                  Attached Files

Comment

• 1st, as it's normal speed, we're going to have to deal with barb invasions soon. We can put off preparation for another 8-10T perhaps, but that horse is going to be vital for taking care of large amounts of warriors.

2nd, the +2 for our UB is nice, but it's not going to get us that far - what, 9 pop? In these situations, I always go Hereditary Rule early and that also helps keep our power rating high for invasion deterrence. I see we've got a little while before the happy cap becomes a serious issue, but how long is it going to take for maths and then how long between that and the next tech that would increase our happiness? We're going to be seriously bottlenecked, and with maintenance such an issue on this map, growing up instead of out is key for early development, I think (especially with fairly limited contact, getting religions and temples is going to be difficult too).

Comment

• Gold and horse will be connected soon. About the port city: I think working on cottages (at least on the floodplains) first is better. I think we should go for mathematics soon and chop/slave the library there when we can.
                      Agree, but when cottages finished, then mine the hill.

Our Warrior near the Inca hasn't moved yet, there is a panther, need input what to do.
                      Same strategy as earlier: fortify on the forrested hill.. PLUS send note to Inca/German that we do that on account of a panther

Diomedes has met a bear while only protected by a hill
                      Let us pray for him..

but how long is it going to take for maths
                      If I am correct math is planned after Bronze working..

Comment

• DNK, we're going to need courthouses anyway so why not just bee line to CoL? If we get the religion so much the better. It will help with both the economy and the happiness situation.

Comment

• WRT the bear issue I don't think our combat odds are all that great so why not retreat NE one square and see if the bear doesn't wander off some where else? The guy on the forested hill by the Inca can fortify and wait for the jaguar to attack.

Comment

• I was going to suggest Belle move S into the jungle.

Re Diomedes go for the best odds. Can he move ?
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• diomedes can't move. I assume the message to the Inca will be sent by our diplomat(s)

Comment

• I will send a message to warn them and inform them.
                                The warning will bring us a attitude boost. And with some good luck the warning will arrive too late, so we'll have the bonus while they still lose their unit 8)

b/c of time issues I will send the message immediately without having the opportunity to let you review and edit it.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X