No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to decide what to do with Belle. Would be nice if we could take a look on their capital, but as i knopw we said we would turn back our warrior

Comment

• I suggest we keep our word and go SW with Bellerophon.. we want an ally remember

the hill will show a lot of territory which will become Inca later on..

*** I want us to make a city soon on the border river near Inca.. So a fast 5th city should be in our plans..
      Remember the Inca will most probably have scouted the area already, as it's so close to their capital.
      Last edited by Calanthian; September 25, 2012, 03:06.

Comment

• About 20 tiles between starts. How far are we to the west right now? 12 or 14 tiles? And the south? Seems like very few.

For Belle, we should look around the south to see more of his territory imo. If we can get eyes on a second city tile, I'd be happy.

Regarding settlement, we're pushing a bit, but then he doesn't know we moved east 2 tiles to found.

54 GNP? Must have multiple mines or something... That's like double our tech rate.

Comment

• 54 GNP? Must have multiple mines or something... That's like double our tech rate.
          Not necessarily.. it is part culture too..

Comment

• I'm against stretching so far, especially with city5. I could place 3-5 other cities before considering moving to that river. I know it could pay off, but still:
            -we would have to pay the extra cost (it's far, moving our workers/warriors also cost extra time, we need seaparate defense army against the barbarians
            -Truth is that the river is a bit closer to the Inca and if we settle it they might go aggressive, epacially if we don't defend it well, but to defend it would cost us even more
            -Very likely we have neighbours in all the other directions too, and we might find a "better" border to fight/contest for (in the west or south for example.

I think the best we could do is to split the land peacefully, trying to get the northern part of the river or we will see once we explored more.

My preference for city5 btw 1NW of the oasis: plain hill, just one road to connect, extra cow in radius, can use Aurora cow's too, +sheep and spice in second ring.

city 6 could go to the east (but not that east, just grabbing the wine), city 7 again to the west, SW of the horse city grabbing that river with wheat.

Comment

• I just reconsidered my prefered city5(or 6) site: 1S from apollo's current position: can use horse city's pig to grow a bit and has fur!, we need luxury badly so we could grow our cities further

Comment

• We're ****ing idiots if we don't make bronze working our very next tech. We might not have time to research it and plant a city and build a mine if someone attacks us. Thus we should be doing that now and not waiting until it is too late.
                Last edited by Dinner; September 25, 2012, 07:49.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Come on Dinner, you made that same point over and over..

Bronze Working is planned right after Writing. So either put it to a vote or let it rest.

Comment

• I made some screenshots with a little more close-up..

Comment

• Thanks for the screen shots. I still think we are on the right path. You and Mz have run the test scenarios for most efficient build and tech sequence.

There is just one issue that we might want to think about. And that is the location of any copper resource. Especially if it turns out to be located within say 6 tiles of the Inca capital border. Or further south or further west.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
                        Come on Dinner, you made that same point over and over..

Bronze Working is planned right after Writing. So either put it to a vote or let it rest.
                        OK, maybe being weaker and an obvious military target for other civs will be a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                          Thanks for the screen shots. I still think we are on the right path. You and Mz have run the test scenarios for most efficient build and tech sequence.

There is just one issue that we might want to think about. And that is the location of any copper resource. Especially if it turns out to be located within say 6 tiles of the Inca capital border. Or further south or further west.
                          Thank you. I believe I also brought up that topic.

Comment

• Sry I did not have tiem to post new screenshots yet, but here is the report from the current turn:

Belle has moved SW, from the inkan border we can say that there is an other city just south of the first one we found (we can't see the city itself just the borders.)

In the west the barbarian warrior did not moved toward Appolo, who is fully healed. I suggest we don't wait for the barb but move NW.

Pasture is ready , Aurora started to work on cow instead of goldmine for two turns.

Comment

• @TPers as Intel Chief
                              RE: Movement
                              Suggest we move around to get eyes on these cities from a hill. Makes my job a good bit easier. I don't want to wait for Alphabet or a hopeful OB to see their cities' production and buildings.What religions have been founded, by the way?

@Cal

RE: GNP
                              I guess you're right. Forgot that commerce sort of gets counted twice. Still a nice lead on us.
                              We're doing 23BPT (our tech rate) right now with a GNP of 36:
                              Total commerce + total culture + total espionage + (total research * research bonus) – expenses.
                              I'm guessing our commerce is around 18 or so? -3 for expenses... 18+2+4+23-3 = 36? Not quite working...
                              Anyway, our commerce+tech ~ 41, and our tech is about 63% of GNP score.

Gotta assume this other team has similar expenses and ESP. Likely +4 culture over us for a CRE leader. Still leaves them with 50:36 otherwise, about 31 for BPT if theirs is similar to ours in terms of research bonus. About 33% higher being conservative. Not so bad, I guess, especially as we're not working out gold tile yet (right?).R

RE: Population
                              156K = 1x pop 6 and 1x pop 2 cities

RE: Land Area
                              2x BFC cities and 1x 3x3 city, a CRE leader that just settled that third city (might be that #1 GNP also, meaning -2 more to their GNP).

@Cal/mzprox/Dinner
                              RE: sites and military
                              We're putting off a mil resource for our 4th city? I usually make it #2 or at worst #3. I know we're concerned about tech rate, but T60 is a bit late in the game to have ONLY warriors as a military option... Seems like no one else is bothering with military yet by the power scores, though, but this puts us in a somewhat vulnerable position. There could be a chariot or two out there, and we're easily choked at present. You suppose someone wouldn't take advantage of that situation if they stumbled upon it? We're (RP aside) not so bloodthirsty, but others might feel differently...

What is the exact timetable for settling #4 and having the horse hooked up?
                              Last edited by DNK; September 26, 2012, 08:16.

Comment

• What is the exact timetable for settling #4 and having the horse hooked up?
                                My timetable is building two settlers back to back. So in about 13 turns from now the 4th city should be built.
                                MZ wants to build the 4th city 6 turns or 7 turns later (this is a little better for tech).

Around that same time (13 turns) BW will be finished.
                                Last edited by Calanthian; September 26, 2012, 09:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X