Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules
    replied
    Very interesting info from the data and the calculations re lake.

Why do we have a popscore of 48000 compared with rivals when we have just moved to pop 4 and 4 other rivals are on pop3, yet

nearest rival pop score is 21000.?

We jumped 2 points from 51 to 53. Was that from pop 3 to 4, our 3rd warrior did his arrival have an effect.?

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Some intelligence gathering based on the demo screen. We are 7th in land area with 20,000 sq km. First place (first through sixth place actually) has 21,000. Last place (i.e. 7th through 9th) is tied with us at 20,000. The reason we have 1,000 less is due to that one tile lake. So from this we can conclude that us and two other teams have one tile of water in our fat cross, and the other six teams have none. This also means that no team had a coastal start. Good thing we didn't go for a civ that started with fishing.
    Not completely correct. The rival average is 20125: this means 7 times 20000 and 1 times 21000. So 8 teams have 1 lake, only 1 team has none.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Also, if we are set on bringing Apollo back to defend the second city, I'd recommend his next moves be east, east, northeast instead of east, northeast, northeast. More tiles uncovered that way.
    OK, if these are safe tiles (hills or forest). Safety first: there is a bear close by.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Also, if we are set on bringing Apollo back to defend the second city, I'd recommend his next moves be east, east, northeast instead of east, northeast, northeast. More tiles uncovered that way.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Some intelligence gathering based on the demo screen. We are 7th in land area with 20,000 sq km. First place (first through sixth place actually) has 21,000. Last place (i.e. 7th through 9th) is tied with us at 20,000. The reason we have 1,000 less is due to that one tile lake. So from this we can conclude that us and two other teams have one tile of water in our fat cross, and the other six teams have none. This also means that no team had a coastal start. Good thing we didn't go for a civ that started with fishing.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    T23.

* City to 4
    * Warrior finished. I named him Cerberus the three-headed hound who guarded the gates of Hades.
    I think a fitting name as he is going to guard Apolyton, and in the A-B-C order..
    * No interesting areas found.

Last edited by Calanthian; August 23, 2012, 14:11.

Leave a comment:

• DNK
    replied
    T20+ and no neighbors met? Seems like no one is even building scouts/warriors, so perhaps we're not too bad (#1 in power, which means just that and nothing else), but I would not want to count on that for too long.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    The only 2 tile mover we have is Apollo so lets make use of his ability as best we can.
    But we must deal with that bear.
    Apollo cannot move 2 tiles: he is Woodsman I not II.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    It is really important for us to make contact with our neighbors.
    As you know I agree. I had been hoping for horses close to our capital, so as to have chariots, but that has not happened.

It is now is a question of assessing where our nearest neighbours are located and being welcoming but cautious.

The only 2 tile mover we have is Apollo so lets make use of his ability as best we can.

But we must deal with that bear.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    techs: Hunting (done)-AH(done)-fishing - pottery-mining-BW-writing

build order: first city: worker-(done)-war-(done)-war-(next turn done)-settler -worker- settler-worker- settler

(the result of this you see in the attachment which Mz posted a few posts back.

By the way: for those who want to learn: the real learning is in repeating this play through (credits to Mz )

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Aren't we going to try to pump out a couple of settlers once that warrior is finished? Also, do we go for bronze working now or take a detour to try to get the Oracle? I'm kind of inclined to make chopping a priority.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    It is really important for us to make contact with our neighbors.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    we have about 4-5 turn to decide how to continue developing our civ. this is a save I've posted few weeks ago with my proposed direction:
    t43mz.CivBeyondSwordSave
    t43
    once I've time I will ty to make new test runs

btw Apolllo and the 3rd warrior should help expanding, I think the 2nd warrior should not be too far from capital either.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    No we have not invented BW..

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I don't believe we have researched bronze working yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X