Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It's like Dinner has a single track mind.

"We need more soldiers, general, any half baked revolutionary could whip our army as it stands!"

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    If we start writing next turn then how long will it be before bronze working is finished?

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
    Two possibilities from what we see:

* 1) the Inca are the ones with 3 cities. Then we see two cities with city squares of 9 tiles connected to each other. The fact that none of these tiles we see are improved supports this..
    * 2) OR the capital is 2NE, 1 E from Bellerophon

What we do know is that their starting area has nicer rivers than ours.. so more commerce
    I think they have only two cities. it's confirmed that their latest tech is bronzeworking. and yeah.. much more river tiles. probably their cities are connected without building a single road too. They also pay less for maintenance since thei cities are much closer together.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Two possibilities from what we see:

* 1) the Inca are the ones with 3 cities. Then we see two cities with city squares of 9 tiles connected to each other. The fact that none of these tiles we see are improved supports this..
    * 2) OR the capital is 2NE, 1 E from Bellerophon

What we do know is that their starting area has nicer rivers than ours.. so more commerce
    Last edited by Calanthian; September 28, 2012, 02:56.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    screens from current turn:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	9093904Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	9093902Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	9093900
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    @ Robert Plomp: did we receive anything from our Incan / German friends??
    You do not receive the e-mails sent to our common mailaddress?
    Anyway, I've seen it being posted in the diplo thread.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Check the reply from Inca in the DIPLO thread..

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I guess I'll go along with the consensus of C. The warrior moves look fine.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Heh that's what I was going to ask, even an acknowledgment from them?

Agree with C above.

Re new warrior: should be called Diomedes. Daidalos was a (builder/worker) in mythology.

And speaking of Diomedes, I think I would have preferred him moving south or south west to fog bust. Unless Apollo reveals further land and not coast Apollo could do northern fog busting.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    I forgot the E option which is to grow to pop 6 by building granary or something, but it wouldn't be popular anyway, and I don't like it either.
    Today I just had to run to work, and made the report from here, that's why no screenshots from me .

I agree with Cal's suggestion for all 3 warrior moves.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    A, settler 7 turns working the lake for good science (can't check right now if it can start working on library after that)
    B, settler 6 turns must change to production tile (not recommended, loss of science, writing is definately not ready)
    C, warrior 3 turns settler 7 turns (big overflow into library from food)
    D, warrior 3 turns settler 6 turns (need to change from lake to production just one turn)
    I vote C.

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    Screenshots, from the Calanthian movie department
    (it does take me about 1 minute to do these > perhaps you have a more time consuming method, Mz ??)

Highlights of Mz's move:

* Aurora: New warrior; I named him Daidalos, he moved NW to go fogbusting.
    * Apolyton is still building settler (2 more turns)
    * Bellerophon went SW
    * Apollo can still move: proposal to NW, barb warrior in neighbourhoud
    * Road between Apolyton and Aurora finished in 2 turns (+1 commerce)

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    so the possible paths for the capital are these:

we are building a settler, no difference in that. After it ready:

A, settler 7 turns working the lake for good science (can't check right now if it can start working on library after that)
    B, settler 6 turns must change to production tile (not recommended, loss of science, writing is definately not ready)
    C, warrior 3 turns settler 7 turns (big overflow into library from food)
    D, warrior 3 turns settler 6 turns (need to change from lake to production just one turn)

In C and D capital grows to pop 5 and it will have a new cottage ready to start working on it
    B gives the horse city fastest, but with serious cut on our economy.

My recommendation is C. IMO we can't allow ourselves to decrease our science rate too much saying that we will have the techs later: right now we need too many very important technologies, and I'd rather have them than more cities. (mathematics, bronze working, writing, religion, courthouses, libraries, masonry just to name a few.)

Leave a comment:

• Calanthian
    replied
    About defense: right now our best defense is simply the distance. sending an axemen against us would take 15-20 turns, very unlike anyone would try it. Ofc chariots are faster, but still quite risky as they cannot really beat advanced defenders, and they couldn't know what would they find at our place. I also don't think many would send away advanced military just for scouting. Everyone will need them against barbarians.
    Agree.

Actually it's 3 turns later (growing cap to pop5 while making a warrior) could make it even with just two turns difference, but no need. We will have horses hooked up by the time we can start building chariots. (I suggest libraries both in Aurora and in the capital early)
    Makes sense. So your plan is settler - warrior - settler..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X