No announcement yet.

Our Starting Location!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in my view that is a correct summary. But I am in favour of a scout ahead of a warrior after the first worker build.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Looks good from where I sit.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Yeah, I definitely can't beat it, though I do prioritize certain things more, as noted already.

Comment

• But I am in favour of a scout ahead of a warrior after the first worker build.
          In favour of scout: DNK, OzzyKP, Hercules, Calanthian
          In favour of warrior: MzProx

And if we are carefull to move the scout to a hill or a forest, then it shouldn't fall too soon to those pesky barbarians.
          (safety before scouted area).

Comment

• I defer to the judgement of others on this.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• BTW when do we actually start making our first moves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
                In favour of scout: DNK, OzzyKP, Hercules, Calanthian
                In favour of warrior: MzProx

And if we are carefull to move the scout to a hill or a forest, then it shouldn't fall too soon to those pesky barbarians.
                (safety before scouted area).
                Warrior.
                Never build a scout. at most get one from a hut.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• No huts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    BTW when do we actually start making our first moves?
                    Once everyone has agreed on the ruleset.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'm in favor of building scouting units. Whether they be scouts or warriors isn't so important.

Comment

• Go go warrior party!

Here is a compormse ofr early scouting and not building scout units: afteer cheking that Northern tile we can send our first warrior scouting out neighbours. from t13 our capital can finish a warrior in 2 turns (if we would see somone approaching us) so assuming 17-25 distance between capitals we wouldn't be in danger.
                        Normally first unit is ready at t17, if we send our starting warrior away it can be ahead of a scout by 17 turns. (If we build a scout that first warrior cant go far)

barbarians: I looked into wb and saw a barb warrior as early as t33. but they start to be numerous around t45. scouts only get bonus against animals, they will likely die on first contact with a barb warrior. (even against animals the warrior is usualy stronger)
                        We will very likely lose that unit we send away for scouting, but around t45 when real barbarians have taken over our scout is not practical. we would have aroud 30 turns of scouting, we can't assume all those would be double tile moves. if we had sent our first warrior instead they would scout about the same area.

Wariors sent for scouting have a slight canche to make it home and getting up to 10 xps.
                        Warriors not in danger to neighbour civs' warriors (they might get the funnyidea to kill our scout)
                        with warrior we might steal a worker for ourselves-ok we probably wouldn't do it, but showing that we could had might be good
                        If we had found a neighbour who would prpare a rush against us at least we would have a warrior nearby (for striking back, to give them second thoughts)
                        I think it's easier to sign NAP with someone if you have a warrior next to their borders.. early choking is quite bad and hard to counter.

Comment

• I'd be ok with that. Personally I'd love to have more then one unit sent out to scout and make contact. The other one can wait a bit though. But whether a scout or a warrior or whathaveyou, we hopefully aren't putting all our diplomatic hopes into just one unit.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            I'd be ok with that. Personally I'd love to have more then one unit sent out to scout and make contact. The other one can wait a bit though. But whether a scout or a warrior or whathaveyou, we hopefully aren't putting all our diplomatic hopes into just one unit.
                            I agree.
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• That sounds like a good approach.

Comment

Working...
                              X