Impeachment vote of Mzprox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeachment vote of Mzprox

I move we impeach Mzprox. All those in favor?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Ok. Good luck playing this game without me. Spend hours a day microing, planning, calculating, doing all the diplomacy while all I get is that you call my methods "fool" "retarded" etc.. never a full explanation (for example how would "horseback riding" benefits us in the long run whatever. All you do is your one liners.. there is a reason for why RB is also going on the same path as we do while they have more enmies than us).

Comment

I have been asked to take over.

First thing: I don't find this move, and the manner in which it is taken very elegant.

Second: if the reason for this move is:
      And about military techs: if we were in danger at the moment we could get the techs for maceme in 2-3 turns. we are closest to the required technology among all the civs. And after we have Education: it opens up gunpowder with that we get the strongest unit if the era, our unique unit, the janissaries.
      If war would become a possibility we will research archery and build some archers. until then it1s better to avoid it.
      There is a forming alliance between us, india and the aztec. possibly others joining against RB if necessary. We are somewhat discussing our research paths to try to deny as much bonuses as possible from RB (liberalism, Taj Mahal etc) Education is part of that plan, but it is also the most usefull technology for us in the moment.
      This sounds to me as a good analysis.
      (I've been reading the last 4 pages of the thread, so I have an impression of what is up.)

Thirdly: mzprox is an excellent player, who has put in many, many hours.
      And drifting from the grand strategy normally gives the worst results.

Comment

I would not support impeachment. If we can get to gunpowder and get those janissaries then we are a force to be reckoned with.

Uni of Sankore will help.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Is there any indication a war with the Maya might be short and we can settle the matter with just destroying that one city or does the player have a history of pursuing wars to the bitter end? We may want to tell them if they build the city it is war and hope they pull back but their lead player seems pretty arrogant and determined to do this. Yes, drifting away from the grand strategy is usually bad but right now we need some way to defend ourselves and that means military units and military techs, yes, I would prefer to avoid war but if this city is such a threat to our empire then we have to treat it like a real threat and go whole hog without half measures. This means switching everything and building an army right now, not next turn or some where down the line. To do anything less is stupid because we can't hold off the enemy much less win a war without military units.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ok. Good luck playing this game without me. Spend hours a day microing, planning, calculating, doing all the diplomacy while all I get is that you call my methods "fool" "retarded" etc.. never a full explanation (for example how would "horseback riding" benefits us in the long run whatever. All you do is your one liners.. there is a reason for why RB is also going on the same path as we do while they have more enmies than us).
            Starting an improvident war without proper preparation is grounds. I think Cali should take over for awhile so that we can get a fresh perspective on things. I'd like to see what Cali can do with it, since we've lost quite a bit of ground from before.

there is a reason for why RB is also going on the same path as we do while they have more enmies than us
            Remember I asked a question - which you ignored/bluffed away after we finally got a religion.

"Where are we going and what is the plan from here".

I said at that point - we need to have a plan where we are headed for. Have we had a chance to discuss this Plan for Janisseries? No. Did you bring this up then and discuss that then? No. Now it's the plan that you've boxed us in. This is why I want Cali in to execute this plan.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Yes, drifting away from the grand strategy is usually bad but right now we need some way to defend ourselves and that means military units and military techs, yes, I would prefer to avoid war but if this city is such a threat to our empire then we have to treat it like a real threat and go whole hog without half measures. This means switching everything and building an army right now, not next turn or some where down the line. To do anything less is stupid because we can't hold off the enemy much less win a war without military units.
              We don't have the units at present. We are going to have to let them settle there, because our strategy doesn't have us prepared for war at this time. If we go to war with Maya, whom MzProx himself has said is larger and stronger, then this is going to get us crushed.

Starting a 'limited war' is foolish. We are unprepared, and we are incapable at present of putting up our armies. If we can extend things towards gunpowder and Janisseries, we can build a larger and more technologically developed army later rather than waste shields/hammers fighting now.

Comment

In any case, I want to see lots more transparency from MzProx. Discussions on techs etc before they are researched. This is a team Demo game not Mzprox vs RB.

Comment

I'm against impeachment of mzprox.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I am also against impeachment. But I second Ben's call for increased transparency. Not that I've been around much, so my opinion may not count for as much...

And from what I remember, mz was going to step aside at some point and Cal was going to take over as turn player anyhow. Are we to that point now?
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                    X