No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After offering some options I've said in #631 what I thought the general consensus was (though there were not tooo many input) and after that no one objected.
    Sending a warrior from Aurora AND producing a warrior too was not among the options, someone could had proposed it, but no one did. This option would had left our worker there in danger and might have been too much.
    Diomedes was healing in this turn (1,7->1,9), E something was defending the worker and Apollo was fogbusting (I said in #631 that I agree to send him south but only after we founded our city and no one said it was not okay.)

on other matters: Did realms just finished a wonder? or why did they get sucha big scoore boost?

We need to find a good city place to connect that bronze fast.. it's really surprising that it's nowhere near our starting position

Comment

• For this turn I agree that we move to the deer, and now we can safely send the warrior from Aurora to the East.
      Let's hope the warrior will attack this time. If not then we will defend our city, with 40% culture, +25% hill, +25 % warrior city defense I don't think we could lose. if The barb still not attacks then the third warrior from Aurora can intercept it.
      If we lose the warrior on the deer next turn we can still produce one more warrior till the second warrior arrives. (but let's hope the RNG won't screw us even more)

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• Agreed

And it probably is a wonder build by RB. That was jump from from 121 to 142. Maybe even a tech advance as well.?

Meanwhile CivFr increased to 120 and then decreased t0 117.

Spanish Apoly score decreased from 79 to 77.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• btw now we can say that like 99% it was CFC (India) who has got Hinduism.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0117.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	659.6 KB
ID:	9094030

I made most of the moves for this turn. The warrior from Aurora is moving towards the cap, our eastern defender has retreated to the deer, Apollo moved SE. Workers finished road, settler in place, research halted for some turns. Dio hasn't moved yet

what needs to be decided: what to do with Diomedes and Apollo (as you remeber apollo is woodsman 2, so double moves on forest, Dio has combat 1):
              some of the possible suggestions:
              1 Apollo guards Horse city, Dio goes SW: good chance we make contact in the other side of the SW desert, there isn't seem to be too many forest there to send Apollo
              2 dio protects horse city, apollo goes A1 (2/a) or A2 (2/b)
              3 something else.

The worker near our capital also hasn't moved yet. original plan was to chop a forest (N of apolyton) so we could finish library sooner. With he need of extra warriors chopping might be even more important, but the tile north of apolyton is not safe, so I suggest chopping the plain hill forest west of apolyton. Tomorrow i will have some time to test some outcomes.

other news: our soldier rating is 2nd (39000) while the best is 48k and the average is 30 so it is really not that we neglect our defense.

Realms beyond (egypt) indeed has finished the Stonehenge in this turn.

Comment

• Fortify woodsman2 warrior in the east and move Apollo to A2 would be my choice.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I favour option 2, AI route, there may well be forest /jungle out there.

In the east we still have Belle exploring south and west.

Comment

• Re chopping forests, what's the story with regrowth forests: do they appear more near other forests or in isolated tiles?

In short I am a bit concerned at chopping the forest west of Apoly for the reason above.

I would support orginal plan.

Comment

• I believe regrowth always appears near other forest tiles.

Comment

• Forest regrowth depends on how many forest tiles are bordering. From that forest only the 1S tile could get forest grown on it, but it's low chance anyway.

Comment

• So how badly damaged did our guy get from the barbarian or did he walk past us?

Comment

• Bad news:
                            our defending warrior was killed by the barbarian. it has won aganst odds, next turn it will receive a promotion and can pillage deer

We need to work out a defense plan fast.
                            -We can attack the barbarian with 99%+ chance to win, but then we probably get damge and have to face with an other barb.
                            -we can fortify but then deer will be pillaged

an interesting option is to let them take the capital for he free palaca relocation, tough it's risky
                            now we may need to produce an other warrior in capital

in the south Belerophon met an other lion and previous turn He was attacked by a wolf (unfortunately i didn't notice it before moved him) now he has 1,5 strength with 70+10% defense bonus.

I founded our 4th city and started to build pasture on pig

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0118.JPG
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	9094037Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0119.JPG
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	9094039Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0120.JPG
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	9094041

Comment

• We MUST attack the warrior at the deer. We have excellent odds: 99,66 % and almost 50% completely unharmed.

After the attack he will have good odds, as he is protected by the forest.
                              Furthermore next turn the warrior coming from Aurora will move into Apolyton.

AND OTHERWISE the warrior destroys the deer, gets a promotion and will be protected by his pall, the second barb warrior.

The normal outcome of all this would be that we destroy barb 1 and barb 2 gets killed when he attacks the deer tile, where our warrior will be after he killed barb 1. And we have one extra warrior standing by for emergency issues.

So I don't think we need to build the extra warrior.

One other thing: MZ you started developing the pig, but considering the situation I would have liked to see the horses developed first; to start making a chariot soon. At least we should have voted for it. The warrior moves of previous turn was another example.

So please remember it is a democracy game (apart from the two things I mentioned above you are doing a great job).

Comment

• Fine, let's kick it's butt and stay the course.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X