No announcement yet.

Our team members introduce themselves..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our team members introduce themselves..

Play(ed) recently in:

* DoE / Aztec (hard takeover position), (Apolyton)
    * DoF / Carthage, (Apolyton)
    * DoE 2 / China, (Apolyton)
    * DoB / Secret,(Apolyton)

* Gods & Heroes / Thracia, (WPC)

* Euro / Mongolian, (CFC)
    * Next Empire / HRE, (CFC)
    * 18 / Korean, (CFC)
    * Another Earth (PBEM - game ended prematurely) (CFC)
    * Chi (PBEM / position transferred) (CFC)

I keep track of all diplogames played in the DiploFAQ, so you can look people up here: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...=1#post4358767

Recent and not so Recent games for me:

HOTW V - India (I won!)
    HOTW VII - Arabs (I won!)
    HOTW VII - England
    HOTW XII - I took over America and led them back to greatness!
    BtP - Metalheads (India)
    DoE - England
    DoF - Ottomans (got my butt kicked)
    Gods & Heroes - Minoans
    DoE II - Byzantium

Endymion (non-diplo at WPC) - Mali

And, from the early days of Civ4, this is an entertaining defeat of the notorious EyesOfNight:
    What an amazing game. The fact that iron was the only resource on the entire map on mirror really made the game enjoyable. Even more enjoyable was the fact that I spent the whole game ahead. I had

Despite that win, I hate duels and ladder type games. So I'm not particularly suited to advise on an early rush or any of those kind of games.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

BtP - late sub for Japan
      DoC - India - religious fanatics, cultural win
      DoD - Egypt - the Desertlord, cultural win
      DoE - Various subs, in the end Arabia
      DoF - Egypt
      G&H - Macedonia

I suck in ladder games , haven't played too many.

Comment

YOU are Macedonia? I thought it was some Seridur guy I never heard of before.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Then you missed my post in the forum, I said it there

Comment

Ahh... yes, I see. I totally missed that, hah.

Comment

Ok, let me join this diplo-brag-game as well

All games played in full from beginning to end without any subs.

History of the World V: America
              History of the World 6: Arabia
              History of the World VII: India
              History of the World VIII: Inca
              History of the World XI: America
              Beyond the Pit: Sparta
              Dance of Civilizations: Persia (diplo winner)
              Doom of the Diplomats: Rome
              Destiny of Empires: Egypt
              Destruction of Foes: Hungary

I also was in one of the very first diplogames ever, somewhere in 2002 or something.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Hmm..

Mzprox:

DoF - Egypt
                G&H - Macedonia
                I must say our war in DoF was a lot more interesting as the one in G&H..

I also didn't realize you were Macedonia!

Comment

Ha, me either, though I guessed RP right in DoF
                  I'm going to include actual experience in each game.

PBEM - Praetorian: China permasub
                  (VANILLA - ended in modern-era domination win)
                  Picked up China around Classical period from a weak previous player. FFA format with everything enabled. Experienced a lot of industrial-modern era warfare. Ended in dom victory!
                  PBEM - The Great Game: England
                  (VANILLA - ended in Renaissance-Industrial-era conquest/dom win)
                  Two team game with 4 players on separate continents with AI also. Redcoat drafts = crushing victory. Mostly a building game with limited Renaissance-Industrial warfare. Ended in dom/conquest victory!
                  PBEM - Double Team - England
                  (VANILLA - left in Classical - ended from lack of interest)
                  Build-a-thon that got caught in some funerals and other issues that caused me to leave before going anywhere. Quit!

Diplogame - Destiny of Empires: Mighty Inca!
                  (BTS - ended in modern-era quit-a-thon)
                  Well, I got a lot of experience with building... Also a lot of experience with intel ops. Ended in... me nuking everyone! Really, ended in a stalled game after a world war I didn't really participate in.
                  Diplogame - Destruction of Foes - Mighty Persia!
                  (BTS - ongoing? modern-era world war)
                  Well, I got a lot of experience fighting two-front wars I instigated Lots of Classical and Industrial warfare experience (the purpose of joining the game actually was that, so it worked out well). Ended in me getting ravaged by mzprox!
                  Diplogame - Gods and Heroes - Mighty Sparta!
                  (BTS - ongoing Renaissance era)
                  Lots of building. Ongoing.
                  Diplogame - Destiny of Empires 2 - Vietnam (Khmer) + current Spain sub
                  (ongoing Classical era)
                  Won in 1350AD with conquest victory.

I generally lack espionage experience in MP. Corporation experience also limited to DoE (and not much happened there as I had Creative while being on my own continent without any cultural issues).

Comment

So, who are our warfighters here? Who are the tactical geniuses? I am most certainly not (though it's all the more reason for me to want you to attack me in other games and give me experience, see? ), typically tripping over one blunder to the next until defeat.

We have the builders, yes, top tier. I don't have enough experience with you guys to know who's really the top tactician, though, and it might be best to split our planning into building and tactics (when the time comes).

Comment

Well, I haven't played much civ 4, but I served every position in the Civ 2 demogames, and was president.

I also was a big player in the succession game, where we would play against the AI with handicaps (such as zero science).

My specialty was what I called soft-core fundamentalism - fundy at 60 percent luxuries, where I would routinely outtech people at 60-30-10. Completely unintuitive.

I'd sum up my playing style as rational civilized expansionist - focussed on building outwards, then on teching up and improving cities. I usually won't embark on war until railroad where I could compress my units and take advantage of a unified production chain without the losses associated with travel times.

I'm used to playing hopelessly behind starts and coming out with the win.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I never really played civ4 muilt, but I was a major part of the old civ2 demogames back in the day. I'm a builder mostly, unless I'm forced to war due to lack of space.
                        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I was a too cautious NA in DoC.

I was the reluctant novice turnplayer in team Templars and much slammed by Sulla and RB

I was a minor team member in Team Merlot, learning from Indiasmoke and Slaze, but again the team suffered from absenteeism.

I learned the importance of good map design and of good communication with other teams.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

jobe is a terrible good warmonger.
                            He was leading the ladders for a long time.
                            We just need to keep him focussed on this game
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

He can be our Defense Minister. But yea, he hasn't shown his face here yet. We need him!

Comment

Working...
                              X