No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have responded to DNK privately from his communication with me. To let the other players know ... I am not interested in negotiation with DNK.

Comment

• DNK has paused the game (players have no write to pause, this was put down in the rules), Persia or someone please to unpause. I did try but i have a diplo screen up.

Comment

• To let the other players know ... I am not interested in negotiation with DNK.
        Issue solved, continue game.

Comment

• @ Greece - I invited DNK to pause it in order to try to resolve this quickly. I apologize for allowing a pause, but I didn't want to have a reload discussion if it could be avoided. I know that everyone like to keep things moving along, and we have done a great job of it

Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
          I have responded to DNK privately from his communication with me. To let the other players know ... I am not interested in negotiation with DNK.
          Well that is pretty clear. Thanks for making a quick decision. That makes the pause unnecessary, so whoever logs in next should just go ahead and unpause.

@ DNK - Sorry, it seems its not going to work out with Japan. If you still want to join as Arabia, Germany or Celtia let me know. All three are at peace with their neighbors AFAIK.

Comment

• I am sorry. I thought that resigning would automatically unpause it, since... how does that work if a resigned player can keep it paused? I guess the AI doesn't know how to unpause... I have logged in quickly to unpause it and reresigned.

I do not consider the negotiations closed. I am fine with the game continuing so long as Japan does not suffer further losses. I will close negotiations in about 15 hours if we cannot agree on anything, so that should just be a 1-turn armistice. Everyone else can play as normal - I don't wish to disrupt the game more than necessary. I hope this does not prevent anyone from plundering the AI horribly if the negotiations fail. Seems like you guys won't have a problem in that instance...

Comment

• Thanks DNK. I wish you can stay.

Comment

• Will Portugal continue to play? Since that 1-2 times he logged he has stopped playing again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greece (DoB) View Post
                  Will Portugal continue to play? Since that 1-2 times he logged he has stopped playing again.
                  Well technically, Portugal only needs to check his Civ once every 20 turns to stay in the game. Afterall, he did log in, when he could have just let the Civ go to AI. I think he may just be busy ATM.
                  Originally posted by Greece (DoB)
                  Can Greece attack his cities right now?

Or we need to wait for him to log in or wait till the 20 turns to see if he returns and the civ be passed to an AI?
                  This was a PM but I was wondering whether I needed to give a public answer related to this question so it is great that you asked. Because Greece and Persia have both offered valid terms, both are free to attack/capture Portugal's cities. If Portugal complies with your terms, you must give immediate Peace Treaties. If Portugal rejects your terms, you get 5 turn of War, then you must give a 10-turn Peace Treaty. Portugal has already rejected Spain's valid terms, so Spain must give a Peace treaty soon.

Explanation:

When Portugal was first attacked, he had not logged in, so the "No-Login Defense" was in effect, meaning no one could capture Portuguese cities. You can attack them, and kill units in them, but you can't capture them. If 20 turns passed with no login, Portugal would go to AI. However, Portugal logged in before the 20 turns was up.

Once Portugal logged in, the "No-Login Defense" goes away and his cities may be captured again. However, Portugal then invoked the "Major Measured War" rule (MMW). Portugal can invoke this rule because he has 10 or more cities (making Portugal a Major nation) and he is the "Defender" (meaning someone declared War on him).

Once Portugal called for MMW, no one can attack Portuguese cities. That means you cant attack the units in the cities at all. You are free to pillage or attack his units that are not inside the cities.

Anyone who wants to attack the cities must first offer Portugal valid terms for peace. "Valid terms" are things that Portugal can do in-game, either in the diplo-window as part of a Peace Treaty, or before the Peace Treaty. If Portugal accepted the terms then you would have signed a Peace Treaty and the War is over.

Once you offer valid terms, you can attack cities again while you wait for Portugal to respond to your demands. Since Portugal rejected your demands, you are allowed 5 more turns of War, then you must accept a 10-turn Peace treaty. That is how MMW works.

Now there is something important to remember when capturing and/or razing Portuguese cities. Portugal can, at any time, revoke the MMW. Once the MMW is revoked Portugal can call for DMW instead (or SMW if he loses 5 cities).

If Portugal revokes MMW and calls for DMW, then the 5 turns War is no longer effective, and there is no longer any restriction on attacking or capturing his cities. There is no more requirement to give "valid terms" before attacking cities. BUT!! Now there is a 10 turn limit on War for all opponents, and up to 3 captured cities must be returned, with full reparation penalties for razed cities, against all Civs who Portugal is at War with when the DMW is called/ and in effect.

So for example, if Portugal waits until after the MMW Peace Treaty with Spain takes effect to revoke the MMW and call DMW, then Spain will be unaffected, however, if Portugal invoke DMW before Spain makes peace, then Spain will owe back the captured city (or penalty for razing it). Also, if Persia, or Greece capture cities from Portugal, and then Portugal invokes DMW, then you will have to return some of the captured cities as part of the DMW Peace Treaty.

So keep this in mind when attacking cities.

Comment

• I recently moved as you all know... and I got new office furniture . So I will need to take the game offline for a few hours to get the office all set up. Right now the Pitboss CPU is just sitting on a stack up unpacked boxes next to the modem and router... pitiful, I know . I will probably be doing this setup in the next few days. Again, it should only take a few hours.

Comment

• @Sommer: What happens if Portugal doesn't accept my peace treaty offer if he doesn't log in to the game for 10 more turns? Do I have to wait until he returns with any further aggression, even if he has troops inside my territory that blocks tiles etc?
                      La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Playing as Japan. Have flu, though. Will wait a few days for stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spain (DoB) View Post
                          @Sommer: What happens if Portugal doesn't accept my peace treaty offer if he doesn't log in to the game for 10 more turns? Do I have to wait until he returns with any further aggression, even if he has troops inside my territory that blocks tiles etc?
                          All you can do is offer the Peace Treaty in 5 turns or accept when he offers it in 5 turns. Did you already offer the peace treaty in-game?

Comment

• The Pitboss CPU shutdown and restarted for some silly Norton Auto update (even though I turned auto-updating off ). Now it wants me to do a bunch of other updates... Grrrr. Sorry if that booted anyone out of the game. I should have it back up shortly.

Comment

• i was booted out

Comment

• As was I. I think 500 gold compensation for all booted out is only fair...
                                Last edited by Japan (DoB); July 24, 2013, 09:16.
                                http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X