No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashed, something having to do with IP address conflicts. Reloaded from Spain autosave, should be up now.

Comment

• I was just in game and when Arabia joined the game went "out of sync" not totally sure what that implies in this sort of an MP game.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoB) View Post
        I was just in game and when Arabia joined the game went "out of sync" not totally sure what that implies in this sort of an MP game.
        Yeah that was weird. That's the first time that I had that error. The game seems to have progressed fine once I logged out.

Comment

• With CIV4 MP games its always best to clear your cache each time you load ... takes a few seconds longer. Not sure if everyone is doing tht

Comment

• How one clears cache? I never though of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
              With CIV4 MP games its always best to clear your cache each time you load ... takes a few seconds longer. Not sure if everyone is doing tht
              No idea what that means

Comment

• In CivilizationIV.ini found in %yourMyDocuments%\My Games\Beyond the Sword

Set this option to disable file caching so that a new file is loaded each time.

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
                DisableFileCaching = 1

It may not help but when testing this version way back when it was the accepted way to minimize the # of OOS with MP. It certaintly won't hurt. I've always run this way. Feel free to tell me I'm full of ****e - I probably am.

Comment

• Seems to be working fine now and I'd rather not mess with ini files.

I had a horrible and limited internet connection at the time (Speedtest.net clocked my download at 0.19M/s) so I am chalking it up to that. I didn't realise it at the time, and had to call my ISP.

My internet is back in full swing now though...

Comment

• Game crashed. Runtime error on Roman autosave so I reloaded to Greece save. Greece has to replay his turn. No one else is affected.

Comment

• Down again, it seems. And civstats is disconnected.

Comment

• Unable to connect. Does China have a plausible addition to the reload setup with the 'clean cache' option? Looks easy enough to implement.

Comment

• My whole computer crashed this time. Should be fixed.

Comment

• Persia and Japan
                            "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• I am noticing that I am getting more and more detached from this game.
                              On the one hand there is little to do, on the other hand turns are coming fast.

For me that is a boring combination, turns are becoming a duty..

My civ is in an excellent position, so it would be good that it is taken over by someone who is feeling differently..
                              I will play another ten turns or so, and in that period I hope someone is found to take over ..
                              La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Vikings have been missing too many turns.

Comment

Working...
                                X