Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
    Sorry for any confusion. France declared war on Rome last turn and invaded Rome capturing a worker (who did their animated little bow down before us and have been renamed Roman Refugees). As per your comment above, about an actual invasion, the original description is appropriate. Feel free to develop the storyline as you see fit and I will respond accordingly. I am merely presenting the French point of view. Welcome to the game.
    Ah, then I understand. I was not aware of the war and lost worker! I will do my best to work around this then, including the information you just gave me.

Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
    So is this resolved then?
    Absolutely!

Comment

• I think stealing a worker in the first turn a player gets the position isn't very sportsmanlike..
      He didn't have any chance to move his worker away (or did he ? )

(just for clarity I am completely neutral in this, both France and Rome are respected neighbours)
      La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• OOC ... the game is getting interesting it seems

Comment

• Just a reminder that there is 1 week left to cast your diploscore votes for May!

So far 11 Civs have voted, 7 to go.

Comment

• I dont remember if i voted yet or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spain (DoB) View Post
              I think stealing a worker in the first turn a player gets the position isn't very sportsmanlike..
              7.0. IC actions should not be discussed OOC
              OOC: I am not allowed to answer this question due to the above rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spain (DoB) View Post
                I think stealing a worker in the first turn a player gets the position isn't very sportsmanlike..
                7.1. Positive one-line comments are allowed. (ie.: "Good story Korea" or "Well played war Spain!")
                OOC: I am POSITIVE that France's conduct was completely sportsmanlike.

Comment

• Glad someone reads and follows the rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                    Just a reminder that there is 1 week left to cast your diploscore votes for May!

So far 11 Civs have voted, 7 to go.
                    That message is a little confusing. I assume this is the voting IN May for Storythread 1 - April, instead of voting for Storythread 2- May (which we are still posting stories in and will not be voting for until June).

Comment

That message is a little confusing. I assume this is the voting IN May for Storythread 1 - April, instead of voting for Storythread 2- May (which we are still posting stories in and will not be voting for until June).
                      Yes that is right. Good catch. Sorry about that.

Comment

OOC: I am POSITIVE that France's conduct was completely sportsmanlike.
                        I can confirm that France did nothing wrong at all. The loss of the worker is annoying, of course - but completely within the rules of the game. And I have to actually commend you on giving us a great hook for storyline, France!

Comment

• OOC: Just curious is there anyone else who is even attempting to roleplay their civ according to their actual civics?

The story thread is full of anachronistic liberal pacifist Barbaric Despot Tribal Leaders and Slavers who are worried about the well being of their neighbors. There is too much peer pressure to conform to typical multiplayer game etiquette instead of actually roleplaying your civ for my taste therefore I am throwing out France's June challenge.

France will allocate all 5 of its roleplaying votes for the June storythread to the civ which best exemplifies it's actual civics!

Players Aid:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0007.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	9093399

Comment

• Thanks for that reminder France! How well a Civ reflects their Civics is absolutely one of the voting criteria.

And just so that you know... since it bears on the conversation, I will go ahead and give a little spoiler for the April voting. Currently you, France, lead the voting... so obviously other players appreciate your faithful adherence to in-game civics... barbarism in particular.

Comment

• BTW Great Job keeping IC arguments in story form everyone! Especially you France, I know it must have been tempting to go into a bunch of OOC rants

Comment

• OOC: Excellent barracks post Arabia!

Comment

Working...
                                X