No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have rarely seen such an epic battle between two players in the CIV.

Comment

• Great game, Spain! Awesome that you stayed till the end. Great game spirit!
      A capitulation-vasal* option wasn't desired/possible for you?

*capitulation = permanent. Once capitulated you can't break free of your master, unless you lose half your empire or outgrow your master! It is a great way to stay in this game after losing a war. Of course only if a player is interested in playing the game as a vassal.

Comment

• Nice going so far, thanks to all who was sticking with us. I believe that this game will last for long and will become even more exciting. While Egypt and Carthage has technoloigcal advantage for now, they are busy killing each other and sooner or later the others will catch up in technology (if for no other reason then because there won't be any more tech for us ). I expect big wars, intense diplomacy, conspiracy, treachery and fun .

Comment

• There will be huge wars.
          It's either conquer or be conquered.
          The only thing I hope that won't happen is that some civ suddenly wins b/c some other civs have accepted that civ voluntarily as their master. (ie. as a way to avoid that another specific civ wins).
          Then it'll end up as some kind of a diplomatic victory. though would in my opinion suck.

I'm very curious to see how things will turn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungary (DoF) View Post
            Great game, Spain! Awesome that you stayed till the end. Great game spirit!
            A capitulation-vasal* option wasn't desired/possible for you?
            Not interested. A 4 city civ that barely had muskets could never make a useful contribution. Gifting away the income from my double-shrine capital to power someone else's research just isn't entertaining.

I fought as hard as possible for as long as possible. And while I didn't survive, I think I changed who is going to ultimately end up with my land.

Originally posted by Carthage (DoF) View Post
            Thank you for sticking out in a hard position. You never got a real chance. Excellent gaming spirit.

Please tell us who you are!
            Wasn't a secret, that's Portugal's player. So you don't have to scroll back a few pages, I'm Elkad - play a lot of PB at CFC, at Tactical Gamer when it was still active, and a little at a bunch of other places.

Great map, and I love that the NoScore mod we worked out at Tactical Gamer has spread to other sites. I really think avoiding the scoreboard/demographics analysis improves multiplayer greatly.

Comment

• Portugal and France are at war. France did leave a message in game that they surrender. I have countered that with a deal. Still the timer is running out, knowing France they may miss their turn as they usually have been while fighting with Spain. I will not double move anything that may harm France, I will only macro and move some workers around.

Comment

• It can't be that the mighty French nation is beaten in two turns.

Slave another army, fight the hard fight.
                Talk to all nations around you, try to get them involved.

And even if you shouldn't win, a lot of fun can be had.
                Get inspired by Spain, who went down with grace.

The game is not about winning alone.
                In that case Egypt and I could have made an alliance and be done with it..

We agreed to choose another path, the one of competition and war.
                And smart gaming moves.
                Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Egypt and Carthage could make an alliance, but that won't make them win.... to win they need to take out eachother
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Wo-ho.. Apolyton is back.

First question: what happened with France?

Comment

• Finally it is back!

Greece stopped playing the turn it became my vassal....
                      Well.... I offered him capitulation so that he could stay involved in the game, but apparently he doesn't care about the game anymore.
                      Too bad, then I could have better just conquered all of Greece...

Can I, as the master, take Greece over (till he returns?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hungary (DoF) View Post
                        Can I, as the master, take Greece over (till he returns?)
                        To automate itss workers, to set research and city production sure, but to controll it I don't think it would be good. Greece could be your vassal, but far from being part of Hungary.

Comment

• Yes France hasn't been taking any of his turns since his army was hit really hard by my guys. I do not know what was France thinking when he attacked Spain, of course I will react. He could at least have tried to talk to me. Currently my armies are on hold, I only macro my civ. I suggest that we invite back the Spanish player to take over France.

I see no problem Hungary taking over Greece for now.

Comment

• I think it would be nice to take a quick France (if the original player no wants to play more of course). I see no reason to take Hungary Greece, which have so bravely to defend. Once Hungary has agreed to surrender should not claim something more.

Comment

• The easiest thign to do is to conquer an entire civ, like Russia and Spain were conquered.
                              What I did was offering some gameplay fun to Greece. He could have rejected.
                              I am not trying to claim something more. Greece is simply not playing it's turns. It only makes sense that I control Greece. I'm ok if some new player wants to take Greece over as a sub as well of course.

Comment

• France is vital to the game.

So I hope he returns. Otherwise I would hope that Spain returns in the french position.
                                But he might then need a few turns to set things straight.
                                Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

Working...
                                X