No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome, we do not complain about any consequences.
    We simply will not sign any peace treaty that will cost us anything.
    We are willing to compensate Greece if they will hand over their city, that violates our border agreement, to us.

Hungary is absolutely willing to sign peace.
    No party in the current conflict is winning the war so none of the parties can claim victory and make demands.
    Therefore Hungary is not making demands. We know our position.
    Now you claim, Rome, that we should pay because we started this war.
    I could respond to that by claiming that Greece should pay because Greece violated our border agreement.
    I could also respond by claiming that Rome should pay because it broke our Non Aggression Pact* and started a war with us.

But we do not demand anything, we are just ready to sign peace.
    But Greece nor Rome want peace. Then this war will continue, we believe that we can defend ourselves against your invasions.
    The easter army will soon receive new reinforcements and Greece won't be able to slay another breach in our defense.
    If you feel strong enough to claim your money and your victory, then I Call upon Greece to come and get it.

Be warned though. Hungary is still strong enough to completely overpower you and destroy your nation.
    The fact that we are willing to sign peace is only because of our peaceful nature. We are strong enough, but we will for not contain ourselves.

Geza of Hungary

*And no, your silly reasoning that Hungary broke the NAP is not making any sense. We asked you for clarification b/c we feared that you were preparing an invasion of Hungary. Then you insisted that you weren't going to invade us, and 15 periods later you invaded us anyway, exactly in the way we expected, including with upgraded riflemen.

Comment

• Rome welcomes the willingness of Hungary to make peace, Rome never said that either side is winning the conflict. In this war there are no winners only losers. I will speak again with my ally Greece to discuss under what conditions he was ready to conclude peace. Geza please Do not look in the past, each of us has his own version of it in and stirring up old wounds will not get us closer to peace

Comment

• Geza please Do not look in the past, each of us has his own version of it in and stirring up old wounds will not get us closer to peace

Rome, that is exactly what I am saying.
        Don't look at the past. Don't say: "Hungary started this war thus Hungary must pay" BECAUSE we all have different versions of the cause for this war, and it will not bring peace. That's why I wrote: "I could say...", it means, that I could but I don't. I just offered peace.

Now the Hungarian people are getting angry about the stubborn Greek people.
        They fear that while we are talking Greece is only buying time while it prepares a large scale invasion.
        Many members of the ruling class are opposing my attempts to make peace with Greece.

Comment

• Rome is not trying to win time with false appeals for peace. I'm going into the game to write in Greece.

Comment

• We the Greeks lived for hundreds of years with the Hungarian as neighbour... Out of the blue Hungary demands 2 of our cities, or face the consequence. This is unacceptable for any country. The cities Hungary demanded Are Greek for hundreds of years....

the Hungarians say: "I could respond to that by claiming that Greece should pay because Greece violated our border agreement" there was no border agreement, but in retrospect only a border dispute which the Hungarians wanted to win by violence!

Hungary saw the lush green fields of Greece, prepared a army and then looked for a "casus belli"....
            When the Blood thirsty Hungarians tried to take the 2 Greek cities they realized that it wasn't that easy....

Now Hungary face the consequence of your evil war mongering, and pay your war debt.

5 knights (to partly disarm your forces)
            1500 gold (to repay the damaged Greek economy)

The Greek People

Comment

• Breaking news
              Egyptian destroyer intercepted and sunk east of Sicily

(see story thread)

This means that Carthage moves in the second part of the turn, Egypt in the first part;
              unless Egypt decides to log in once again during this turn.
              Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Tongue in cheeck message to Greece:
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We the Hungarians lived for hundreds of years with the Romans as neighbour... Out of the blue Rome attacked 1 of our cities. This is unacceptable for any country. The city Rome demanded is Hungarian for hundreds of years....

the Romans say: "I could respond to that by claiming that Hungary should pay because Hungaria violated our nap agreement" there was no violation, but in retrospect only a matter of distrust which the Romans wanted to win by violence!

Rome saw the lush green fields of Hungary, prepared a army and then looked for a "casus belli"....
                When the Blood thirsty Romans tried to take that 1 Hungarian city they realized that it wasn't that easy....

Now Rome face the consequence of your evil war mongering, and pay your war debt.

5 knights (to partly disarm your forces)
                1500 gold (to repay the damaged Hungarian economy)

The Hungarian People

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Greece, you see what I did there!?
                Like Rome said, war has many reasons, and for all involved parties the reason is different.
                I do not want to claim any debt from Rome, while I deserve it according to your way of reasoning.

I will hand the Roman debt to Hungary to you.
                So that is how I will fulfill my debt to you. It's equalized by the Roman debt. You can claim what you believe is yours in Rome.

And if you will not claim it in Rome, then we unfortunately have to face the consequences.

Geza

Comment

• *ahem* there IS a story thread: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...Story-Thread-1
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• ooc:

You will see a lot of in-game ranting between Carthage and Egypt.
                    Let me say out-of-character (just for clarity) that there are absolutely no ill feelings on personal level.

Comment

• May I respectfully ask for a reload, just before my turn:

a representative from my mining corp spread (without me giving actively orders to it??) into a Greek city. This was not intended and ordered and may hugely influence further developments in the game into directions which are and were not intended.

This request has nothing to do with my current war with Egypt. If Egypt objects then consider this request not made.
                      In my upcoming game turn no Egyptian units are attacked.

Comment

• Hungarian again you got me rejoice with your ridiculous accusations. Who started the war? Hungary. I think you do not want peace. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carthage (DoF) View Post
                          ooc:

You will see a lot of in-game ranting between Carthage and Egypt.
                          Let me say out-of-character (just for clarity) that there are absolutely no ill feelings on personal level.
                          All my posts are in character.
                          out of my character I am enjoying this game a lot, including the in character diplomacy wars with words.
                          I just respond in the thread where someone addresses me. I am sorry if I am doing this posting in the wrong thread.

Comment

• I don't mind reloading, though I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle. Things like this happen (like me losing a whole turn research, or when about 30 of my units got auto upgraded, most of it got bad promotions, like rilemen got hill defense, destroyer got flanking, cannons city attack (instead of bigger collateral dmg) etc).
                            Anyway, what I ask is whatever we do do it fast, and to make Robert's work easier (the final decision is his after all) those who visait the thread say their opinion about the case.
                            Egypt is fine with reloading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome (DoF) View Post
                              Hungarian again you got me rejoice with your ridiculous accusations. Who started the war? Hungary. I think you do not want peace. I hope I'm wrong.
                              Rome,

That messages was directed at Greece.
                              All I did was copying the Greek letter to Hungary and traded the words "Hungary" for "Rome" and "Greece" for "Hungary", and I made it a bit more applicable to the Roman/Hungarian situation.
                              It was only an attempt at showing Greece how silly his letter was.

I made that clear by first stating that it was written tongue in cheek. (=not serious)

As for my peace desires, I have offered plain peace several times.
                              How could I not want peace if I offer peace. If you and Greece had accepted it, we would have had peace.
                              Unhonest peace offers are offers where parties make huge demands, making the peace impossible.

How has Hungary made peace impossible?
                              Not at all. We have offered it and it was there for grabbing.

Rome, you are not wrong. Hungary still wants peace with you.
                              If you now accept peace, you will get it without any demands or restrictions, apart from making it a 50 turns nap.

We have faith in a peaceful relation with Rome.
                              You are a serious man with whom we can do business.
                              Greece has lost our faith and will get the war they insisted to have.
                              They continue to make demands and treats like: "Pay us this or you will face the consequences."

It was not Hungary that did not want peace.
                              Greece doesn't want peace. Please let not the fate of peace between Rome and Hungary depend on the Greek warmongers.
                              Yes, we declared war on Greece, and we lost it. Cities of us were captured and recaptured.

We have learned our lesson and now we want peace.
                              But if it's not acceptable for Greece to have peace, then we will have war.
                              Remember that Hungary has already been punished for this war.
                              Our improvements have been destroyed, cities were ruined and buildings were burned. People have died.

Greece has done way more damage to Hungary then Hungary has damaged Greece.

Rome, you have done your very best.
                              Now what will you do if Greece decides to continue this war?
                              Will you follow Greece in it's war against Hungary? Or will you and me be able to sign this peace after all?

Geza

Comment

• While I hate it that Greece got a corporation which it will use against me, I am against a reload.
                                This game is supposed to be against reload. Human errors are a part of the game.

I made a big error past turn myself.
                                Please no reloads.

I am sorry Carthage. It is not against you, but an answer I would give to all these requests.
                                If majority or Robert wants a reload then I will accept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X