No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? You couldn't come up with a better name?

Comment

• Russia has promised a settler,BUT there is no point, they have stolen the last good spot for a city with their own city. THEY can got to hell.

Comment

• The promised settler is on its way 2 turns away from your lands. I dont see your whole land or the land in the far east and south, but I am sure there is a space you can plant more cities. Out of character I suggest you find a point in taking the help. And dont claim that in the whole Central Asia there is place for only 2 cities - your capitol and your second city.
        Please let me know if you will take the settler. If not, please, give it a free and secure passage to India.

Comment

• Thanks for looking into that America. Been away for the holiday and haven't had a chance to really mess with it since my last post.

(first civ, then bts, then the patches one after the other
          I always thought the correct order was civ4 -> 3.17 -> BTS -> 3.19. Pretty sure you need at least one patch before installing bts, otherwise civ4 doesn't seem to recognize it.

Comment

• I never patch civ4 before installing BtS. BtS automatically patches civ4. (BtS comes with the last civ4 patch)
            That may be the problem.....

Just install civ4, don't even bother to launch it
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• On a completely different matter .... I switched the display from the white print on black to black on white. But it won't switch back again. I was really getting used to that look.

Comment

• Yes, this new skin is, um, ugly and eye-hurtful.

Much like an American.

Comment

• Guys, I've forgotten something. Why do some Monuments show 2 culture instead of 1; same with Libraries showing 4 culture instead of 2.

This game certainly focusses the mind on culture
                  The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Cuz they're bigger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Native America (DoE) View Post
                      Yes, this new skin is, um, ugly and eye-hurtful.

Much like an American.

Comment

• Language Points Awarded: England

Before
                        0 pts

Now
                        Capacas: 5 pts
                        Manchas: 0 pts
                        Talchas: 0 pts
                        Gaucanas: 0 pts

The Numbers:
                        30 sentences /3 = 10pt /2 (excommunicated Inca aboard the long-lost IES Capaco) = 5pt
                        Language = Capaca

Capabilities:
                        1-letter words (I, the, a, you, are, ....)
                        Simple tense verbs (likes, ate, will eat, ....)

NOTE: Incas writing sometimes use texting-like abbreviations. The letter number in this language point system refers to the word as written in Incas, a script that is not shared in communications. Communications are the phonetic representation of the written word. So, a 2-letter "word" may stand for a 1-symbol written word, which itself may be an abbreviated form of a longer word.
                        Last edited by Inca (DoE); November 27, 2010, 00:36.

Comment

• Further points:

Although intercontinental trade is technically possible due to the map edits along the Antarctic, linguistic points for open borders will be limited to those empires who would reasonable be expected to trade with the Inca in this scenario. So, although China has opened borders, it was effectively only with the crew of that one ship. The agreement will need to be rereached through proper, official channels before points will be awarded to anyone on the main landmass.

Trades, also technically possible right now, will also be limited until Astronomy. This comes at great cost to the Inca Empire as it is short on health resources and the Americas are full of corn mostly, but it is hard to believe in Antarctic trade routes at this point in history.

We will happily accept trade route incomes from halfway across the globe, though, as an unavoidable consequence of the game's mechanics

Comment

• The promised settler is on its way 2 turns away from your lands. I dont see your whole land or the land in the far east and south, but I am sure there is a space you can plant more cities. Out of character I suggest you find a point in taking the help. And dont claim that in the whole Central Asia there is place for only 2 cities - your capitol and your second city.
                            Please let me know if you will take the settler. If not, please, give it a free and secure passage to India.
                            You have built your city where its culture boundary conflicts with my capital and think you are not stealing my land. That land is mine and it will be mine, whether you gift that city or I get it some other way. Keep that settler I have no use for it. Impassable deserts and mountain ranges to the south, Chinese likewise have stolen land close to my capital on the East, there is room for one city to NNE of capital and I have settler almost finished for that. So no use for settlers, only the Keshiks I anm beginning to build.

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
                              On a completely different matter .... I switched the display from the white print on black to black on white. But it won't switch back again. I was really getting used to that look.
                              the default skin now is black on white, since a couple of days.
                              If you want 'white on black' then you should specify that in settings-general settings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Germany (DoE) View Post
                                Guys, I've forgotten something. Why do some Monuments show 2 culture instead of 1; same with Libraries showing 4 culture instead of 2.

This game certainly focusses the mind on culture
                                You're in tier 1, there's no need to act as if you're ignorant b/c we know that you aren't

Comment

Working...
                                X