No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling through city squares will also work doubly fast as they were not modded, so they are still only 1 movement point (coasts are 2).

FOR THE RECORD/CLARIFICATION:
    There are now 3 major Incan languages. All those who speak with officials or citizens from a Capaca-cultured region will communicate in Capacas, all those who speak with members of the other tribes will communicate in Talchas or Manchas. If you communicate with an excommunicated Inca (eg, long lost scouts, boats), your points will be halved. New languages may develop as the Empire expands.

First communications will be completely in the native tongue. In order for you to understand one of the languages further, you have some options. Here is the point list for Inca words (excluding auxiliary verbs):
    1-letter = 2pts
    2-letter = 6pts
    3-letter = 20pts
    4-letter = 40pts
    5-letter = 100pts
    6-letter = 160pts
    7-letter = 240pts
    8-letter = 400pts
    9+letter = 1000pts

For tenses:
    simple tenses = 0pts
    continuous tenses = 100pts
    perfect tenses = 400pts
    full tenses = 1000pts

Unknown tenses will be written as such: (sizncha t'cocha [kill])
    That means the verb "kill" is being used in an unknown tense.

In order to gain linguistic comprehension, you may do the following:
    Make a 3-sentence communication (stackable): +1pt
    Have 1 tile adjacent border (stackable): +1pt/T
    Send a non-military unit (scout, settler, worker) to a city (you will learn the official language + any local languages) (non-stackable): +2pt/T
    Accept an Inca envoy into one of your cities (stackable): +3pt/T
    Open borders (non-stackable): +1pt/T
    Trade a resource (stackable): +2pt/T

Further, accepting an Inca envoy will give you immediate access to all terms relating to Inca governmental affairs (e.g., "governor", "province", "army").

At present, the points are:
    China +0
    Japan +0
    Aztecs +0

There will be diplomatic systems in place as well, tba. They will partially depend upon your linguistic competency. There is also a communication route system that will be explained in a bit. I have work now.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
      Can we extend the turn timer?
      12 hours now (from next turn on)
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
        12 hours now (from next turn on)
        Ah "next" turn. Damn. I was waiting for England to play, and then had to do grocery shopping, and missed the turn. I thought I had 12 hours.

Any chance of reloading to just before the end of last turn. (This will make up for the galley. ) Only the Inca have played so far this turn.

If not, Ok by opponents if I now go first.

Comment

• In this case it is normal that you can start the turn

Comment

• Yep, that makes good sense and saves having to reload.

Comment

• My Lord, why no news from the palace? Our men are being decimated out there.

Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
              ... then had to do grocery shopping, and missed the turn.
              Nothing sire, other than the queen rambling on about cans of tuna and cheap bananas.
              Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Comment

• The PYT site shows the Arabia (sub) as having logged in and out multiple times. This has not been me. I logged in once earlier to play the turn - when it shows the turn as being played. What is happening with the other log ins????

Comment

• Originally posted by France (DoE) View Post
                    The PYT site shows the Arabia (sub) as having logged in and out multiple times. This has not been me. I logged in once earlier to play the turn - when it shows the turn as being played. What is happening with the other log ins????
                    I imagine that is the real Arabia trying to make the game work, and failing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Native America (DoE) View Post
                      ATTACK!!!!!!!
                      Those darn damned injuns! The only good injun is a dead injun, yeeeehaaaaaw! Let's hang ourselves an injun!

(I'd like to thank Starbucks™ for giving me the opportunity to write a stylish and eloquent retort while being away )
                      So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by Native America (DoE) View Post
                        I imagine that is the real Arabia trying to make the game work, and failing...
                        Ah, OK. Then my palace coup worked.

I can start sending all the Arabian troops to North Africa.

Comment

• I am traveling again and have asked RP to sub for me. I hope he does!

Comment

• He already did, I knom from a reliable source.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
                              I am traveling again and have asked RP to sub for me. I hope he does!
                              ATTACK!!!!!!!!! ((c) Native America)
                              So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• I imagine that is the real Arabia trying to make the game work, and failing...
                                Good guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X