Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck, where ever you go to!
    Be back soon!
    (maybe send your password to me so that I can give it to a sub if needed)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Sorry I have no interest in participating in this game please set this minor civ as an AI. Likely due to be eliminated soon anyway.
      WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
      ---------------------------
      "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

• You can set it to AI yourself by retiring from the game!

Comment

• WarningU2, please do not get unhappy with all of Civ and for certain not with diplogames. DoD never was a straight diplo and at 1000ad it became full kill or be killed. I know I will soon wipe maya out and there was never anything you could do to stop it but it is not personal. You may see me as the bully but I had no choice in this game. If Pinchak had stayed leader maya would have died a long time ago but I helped you until I knew for certain no new world lands would come for me. It is not personal with Pinchak either just that I know he is a very good player that is better knocked out when I have the chance.

Sumeria(DoD) is not the same as a Sumeria(DoE) would be.

Comment

• I agree with much that Sumeria says. When DoD was proposed someone did suggest that elimination was allowed after 1000 - wouldn't have been my favoured option but it was what was agreed. I was surprised at the reaction I got when I attacked Celtia. From various people a sense that this was 'bad form' in an OCC way, when they were the rules we agreed. So I wouldn't say anything against Sumaria's actions.

However, I would be unhappy with Maya going to AI because as we all know the AI can't organise a defence of anything. It may be true that Sumaria will destroy Maya, but I think it is fair to the rest of us for there to be a proper defence of Maya organised, in the same way that Ozzy did a good job in defending Celtia. Babylon has good relation with Sumaria (I guess he is being nice to be until he decides to invade me) and people may think I am too close, but if necessary I would volunteerr, but perhaps there is someones else who would enjoy fighting the final defence of the Maya.

For the game Sumaria attacking and even destroying the Maya is fair enough, but they shouldn't have it easy by only having to fight the AI.

Comment

• WarningU2, do you want to take the Celts? They are a bit of a runt civ, but were saved from elimination by some good diplomacy. If you want, I can take the Maya and pull of a desperate defense for them as I did for the Celts.

Wanna switch?
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• The Rules:

* No Space Victory allowed

* No tech trading at all (simplifies things)

* Ozzy corrected Terra map

* 10 hour timer till 2000 BC; then we vote for a continuation till 0AD

* Epic speed.

* Random civs (I'd prefer that top players handicap themselves if possible e.g. no financial trait etc. But don't get complicated. No judgements to be made.)

* No elimination until after 1000AD
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Maya haven't played for multiple turns now while at war.

This is handing massive advantage to Sumaria. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, but this is quite unbalancing to not even have to fight for your goodies. Maybe it doesn't matter and we are happy with a 'attack someone, they drop out, you conquer them easily' dynamic since this was mean to be a "low intervention we all play in a diplo spirit" game (though forgive me if I then mutter under my breath of why that didn't apply when I invaded Celtia). But with the way the clock ticks over, if we aren't sure we want this then we have to do something now, not in 24 more hours when Maya has gone.

Maybe attention has just moved on the DoE?

Comment

• I am following closely these developments Babylon. It would be great to have Ozzy or someone else just log in and put a noble last stand.

Comment

• Ozzy, apparently the Maya are going to be eliminated anytime soon.
                      I don't think that WarningU2 checks the boards often these days. Perhaps you just want to take the Maya over for only a couple of turns (say 10-20) for a ultimate last attempt to save them!

I'm also willing to do it, but I am of course involved in other ways as well to this game.

Comment

• BTW, anonimity has never lasted as long as during this game
                        I have no clue who is who (and I think that nobody knows who I am for sure either) (yes: not FOR SURE! )

Comment

• More free turns of easy war for Sumaria ... I guess our unwillingness to pause 4 turns ago when Warning indicated he was droppin out, means its all over, and the 'attack, they drop out, double your empire' dynamic is the one for the game. Just think how many units a decent general could have slaved in four turns ...

Comment

• Is the Civ open? Can I login and take over?
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Justice? Sumeria wins a battle despite being heavily outnumbered and the Mayans get a GG. What has become of the world?

Comment

Working...
                                X