This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed'Az dies

Then suddenly the Great Guru of Persia died.
    Fed'Az is the first Persian leader to die a natural dead.
    He will be hailed as the Glorious Guru.
    Victor in war!
    Deporter of people!
    Defender of the truth!
    Child of Hastog.

All hail Fed'Az!

Guru Bad'Az became Great Guru in his place.
    All hail Bad'Az.

Bad'Az was known as a tyrannical man.
    A man of few words.
    He had often criticized Fed'Az for being too weak.

Now the Persians had heard the voice of terror from the far east, the unknown threat of Taoistic Slavery, this new Guru must rule in Fed'Az place.
    The message of Hastogianistic Selfish Freedom shall overcome!

The past few decades the Persian empire had been focussed on war en deportation of the Russians.
    Now these plans were almost fulfilled, a new age would dawn.
    The age of Persian hegemony.

Great Guru Bad'Az was the right man to make Persia the most powerful nation on earth. The slaves of Tao would cry themselves to sleep when they hear about the Bad'Az Armies of Hastog!
    Assimilation of Russian refugees

The Russian refugees that lived in Persia showed resistance to Bad'Az.
    First they fled war and were thankful for being welcome in Persia.
    Now they protested against the deportation of their friends and brothers.

Marching in the streets yelling at Bad'Az.
    Bad'Az growed tired of these Russians.

"Keep them under the thumb" he commanded his armies.
    Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Slaves of the World,

Word has reached Persia about an unknown threat from the far East.
      Embrace Hastogianism.
      The religion that brings true, selfish freedom!

Save yourself from slavery.
      Don't bow your head for fancy looking men that talk with funny tongues.
      Show your freedom by adopting Hastogianism.

Persia is free from all words of the Slave Religion from the Far East.
      Follow us and Hastog will set you free!

Great Guru Bad'Az of Persia

<a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Guru Bad'Az,

My condolences to your people. Fed'Az was a most glorious leader.

But he is gone now.

I am an old man, and one day you will be dealing with my son Selim, who has been tasked with settling in the New World. I wish that your dealings together will be as prosperous as mine was with Fed'Az.

The Ottoman people hold the Persian people in the highest regards and as such, to mark the beginning of Bed'Az's rise to power, will sacrifice a goat in every major city and burn effigies of the Tao leaders.

May Bad'Az live a long and bloody life!

Bayezid

Comment

On a Persian sailing ship headed for New Russia

Tell me brother Fyodor, why is it that you are so hostile to the Hastogianists aboard? They are good people, they care for their families, they work hard and they espouse their religion through deed not word. Surely these people have a place in New Russia.

-Forgive me dear brother Dmitri, but you are mistaken. I do not dislike the people, they are fine people. I dislike their dependence on the words of others. They are influenced by the words of Priestesses and Guru's, not thinking freely. It is my stern belief that for men to have happiness they must think freely. Religion prohibits this. You have heard of the Byzantine decision to allow complete freedom of faith. This must be the ideal of New Russia!

But my dearest brother. How can you make such foolish claims. Though many men are strong thinkers, many are fools, and will easily choose foolishly, leading to the suffering of others. The leaders of a nation must guide its people carefully, in all matters. Fyodor, you must listen to me. To deprive them of the unifying, controlling, effects of religion would be dangerous to the state as well as its people.

-Perhaps there are dangers, the Byzantine example will show, but brother Dmitri, can you not agree that the dangers of faith are equally disconcerting? Behold where we are? And for what reason? Allow me please a moment to lecture you on what you already know. We are on this boat because our people have been exiled. And our people are being exiled because we lost a war. A war started by a religious fanatic, supported by religious leaders, who may well have never started the war had they not believed themselves to be divinely supported. Our people would have continued to thrive in the old world, had not the corruption of religions clouded the minds of our leaders.

Fyodor, I would put up with your lecturing gladly, if only you will speak reason! There is more than a religious backstory for the Dominikan attack. Our entire culture is saturized with the desire for vengeance against those who wronged us. And we will forever continue to fight, not for religion, but for freedom and security. And it will not be the reasons of religion that determine our enemies in the future, it will be practical matters.

Dmitri! This is what I am saying! Our people must forgo childish stories and focus on the practical matters at hand. Spending our efforts in the paths of religion is folly. We should build no temples in the New World, they are an impractical appliance of resources and energies. By stamping out the stranglehold of religions, we can truly be free and independent states!

Yet, dearest Fyodor, you are aware that all the other nations of the world would resent us for this, as each would seek to bring us into their own fold. As we see now in the furthest east, even by violent means. Is it not better to let the masses choose and pick their faiths, and for us to support the majority?

-I believe not.
          Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
          The Russian Dynasty:
          Samo the Headbanded
          Catherine the Progenitor
          Dominika Ekatarinova
          (Konya the Lost)
          Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

The great Lord of Korea sat with his closest freinds and many things were discussed. One matter of great imporantce came up

Why are so many people turning their back on God?he asked his friends.

The Byzantines are leading the way on this my lord, they teach people that there is no God. They dont teach people FREEDOM of thought, they actively strike at anyone who has faith. They have passed laws preventing the teaching of God in their schools. Workers are no longer given time to pray during work hours. Children are made fun of if htey say thy believe in God.

It is such blasphamey to teach there is no God. Who d o they think started all this , the world , the whole universe.

Sire they teach something they refer to as Always was. They bleieve the world has always been here. They can not believe that a suprem being has always been , but cna beleive that some abstract piece of matter has jsut always existed.

This is so sad my freinds. Without my faith in god i dont know where i would be. God has blessed our nation. He has shown himself to myself on many occasions, I hear his words clearly as do all in my kingdom.

Yes my lord. But we hear that one of the reasons Byzantine and others teach of no god is that some relgions are fake. The ones that give others a bad name

Yes i guess that is not good, but jsut because one lies doe not mean al llie. And we are aware that even among the true follwoers of God there are some that are not heairng Gods voice. God himsself has spoken to us and told us to be wary of sheep in wolves clothing. Not all that call themselves follwoers of God are actualy his people. It is our role to live a life of prayer and do gods will no matter what.

Yes my lord, but what of the threats to our brothers in the lord. Will god not take action.

The day of the lord appraoches my friends. It is approaching fast.
            Last edited by Korea (DoC); January 5, 2010, 16:12.

Comment

***Notice***

Britannia, though still offically Jewish, invites all faiths into our lands. Currently Britannia is host to at least 1 of every faith known to us and we invite more.
              The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

News in Constantinople

A rider, covered in sweat, clattered into the palace at Constantinople, half dead from exhaustion, bearing news for Justinian.

The report from the scouts working with Pharoah Ramesses was brief.

My Lord

We have sighted the most powerful army known in the history of the world land in Egyptian territory contrary to the wishes of the Eygptians.

The details of its deployment are given below:

Note the 'riflemen'. These are not the same as the gunpowder units we have. We have watched them practising their weapons. These shoot straight and accurately over long distances. These units are ferociously strong.

This force can only be an invasion force. The Byzantine army could defeat it, my lord, if that is your wish but only with the greatest courage and tactical skill.

-----------------

Justinian read the report, his face clouding. "So soon" he muttered. "My father pursued the wrong course for so many years. When we were encouraging science, he continued to be dominated by the priests. Now the weapons of doom are released on the world, against them man's only hope is to drown them in blood".

He summoned his advisors ...
                Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
                  ***Notice***

Britannia, though still offically Jewish, invites all faiths into our lands. Currently Britannia is host to at least 1 of every faith known to us and we invite more.
                  Korea takes note of this true FREEDOM....

No Rlegion is not Freedom.

Korea also allows other faiths to exist but we do not activley encourage them.

But we prfer a wrong faith to no faith..

Comment

A letter to the Indian Queen

Great Queen Shivali,

I write confused and with concern about the lives of many people. I hope that we can speak openly and honestly.

Byzantium has always had good relationships with India. The distance has made these limited, but the contact we have had has always been good.

We understand that Indian concern has always been for the spread of the Tao'ist faith. Byzantium has always been open to this. Indeed there are many cities in which Tao'ism is practiced some in which it is the only religion present.

From earliest days we have been open to the spread of Tao'ism, never closing borders to objecting to the presence of missionaries. Here in our archives we have correspondance from your predecessor king Kalyan

"Greetings Theodosius,

It's good to hear that your people are open to hear our teachings, we wish we could do more to spread the word, but our capacity is too limited. I have heard that a missionary expedition will depart soon from the Holy city, they will start teaching the people of the central continent ..."
                    We have heard many rumours these last years that some feel that Byzantium is closed to Tao'ism. This is not true, nor has it ever been. The only reason that there is not more Tao'ism in my lands is because nations have been slack in sending missionaries.

Now I do find myself confused. Because as we both know the forces you have landed in my friend and neighbour Ramesses' territory and which seem to be marching towards Byzantium are not missionaries at all but warriors.

There is much confused babble by other nations, but I have always found India itself to e a clear, honest and straight-forward nation. So please tell me great Queen. What are you actual concerns? Are you seeking to spread Tao'ism to cities - in which case send true missionaries, they have always been welcome and most certainly are in my rule - or is the talk of Tao'ism a cover for what is simply a military invasion?

If it is the latter, well, many people of many nations will die. But if it is the former, there is no need for death. It would be terrible if a confusion between the two created unnecessary suffering.

Justinian

Comment

In a temple far south in new Provinces in South Korea. Two men met, dressed all in black.

They spoke in hushed tones. they exchanged packages , shook hands and left in silence.

One young boy was the only witness to it all.

Comment

Persian borders are now closed for all Indians.
                        Bad'Az closes borders with India

Bad'Az, a man of few words:
                        "Do not let any Indian enter Persia!"

Comment

An English scout has been send into Egypt to observe this grand Indian army. The Byzantines were right, even we the English were astonished to see such a powerful army. Our Holy leader Shivali was indeed the ruler of the most powerful nation on the world. Wallace was so much impressed by this that he asked his Tao scientists to start researching this new powerful rifle technology.

The scout was asked to follow the Indian army and continue observing it.

Some say that the Byzantines have started gathering their army. Our military experts say that if it comes down to it. This battle will dwarf all previous battles. Many English Generals advices Wallace to gather forces in northern England. The propability of having a war fought so close with such vast numbers worried many in the capital.

Comment

Justinian,

We have made it clear many times what do we want: a world without evil. For that everyone must accept Tao, live as the Holy book teaches and worship the God from heart (three times a day, one hour each).
                            We know that you have never forbidden anyone to practice his or her religion, but it is not enough. The people need to be shown the right way. Without guidance they easily turn to evil and we can't let that happen.
                            We don't want war, but I've sent our sons to show we are serious this time. Our words have been ignored for too long, now we expect everyone will listen to us. Those who still resist will be destroyed for the good of all faithfull.

Queen Shivali

Comment

Bad'Az,

Closing the border in front of our missionaries is a sin. Fortunately for you it can't really worsen your situation.. We are still not sure whether your people's soul can be saved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post

Justinian,

We have made it clear many times what do we want: a world without evil. For that everyone must accept Tao, live as the Holy book teaches and worship the God from heart (three times a day, one hour each).
                                We know that you have never forbidden anyone to practice his or her religion, but it is not enough. The people need to be shown the right way. Without guidance they easily turn to evil and we can't let that happen.
                                We don't want war, but I've sent our sons to show we are serious this time. Our words have been ignored for too long, now we expect everyone will listen to us. Those who still resist will be destroyed for the good of all faithfull.

Queen Shivali
                                Great Queen,

Thank you for your reply, though sadly I still remain confused. I hope that you can clarify further.

I understand your desire that more people follow the Tao'ist faith. But how do we achieve that? By missionaries. Yourselves, the Koreans, or others, all can send missionaries and convert the people. That is the only way in which people become Tao'ist. Nothing I can say alters the religious beliefs of a single inhabitant of one Byzantine city. So when you say that the people need to be shown the right way - I presume that is what you are calling for - a wave of missionaries throughout Byzantine lands to show the people the Tao'ist way. I see no difficulty at all in that - people send them. Quite a few Byzantines have accepted the Tao'ist way - send more missionaries and I am sure more will.

When you say "to show we are serious this time. Our words have been ignored for too long, " what do you mean. 'This time?' compared to when. Byzantium has never ignored your words, though sadly in history we have receive few of them.

Great Queen. If it is true that what you want is the spread of Tao'ism within Byzantine lands, then lets achieve that by the only way possible on this earth, which is missionaries. Or is that not what you are trying to achieve?

I wait for your enlightenment.

Justinian

Comment

Working...
                                X