Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Russia: I've fixed the table for you. You didn't include {tr}-tags and you never closed the table tag. (well, perhaps you did, but it didn't show)

@All: if you post tables, don't post hard-returns between the tags! IE:
    {table}
    {tr}
    {td}
    --text--
    {/td}
    {td}
    etc.

Make it:
    {table}{tr}{td}--text--
    --more text--{/td}
    etc.

vBulletin will try to put {br} tags between the table tags when you insert hard-returns, that'll screw up the table.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Aseem, captain of the first Indian generation ship, was troubled. They were sailing in english waters when they met a small boat carrying the message from the English crown. They claim that the we are not welcome anymore and should leave the English shores and by this decision they are cutting our way back to home.

King of England,

We hope this is just a misunderstanding. Please restore our open border treaty so we can continue our journey. You must know that closing your borders also keep our missionaries out so we can't teach you how to save your souls.

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
        I hope He brought his familiy with him so his grand grand grand child might accomplish this mission
        his mission was accomplished...

no need to use my own sarcasm agaisnt me....

Comment

• Celebrations in Rome

At last they came.

Theodosius King of Byzantium and Aeneas Rex of Rome, riding together

The streets were awash with people, lured by the excitement, the wonder, the questions.

Finally in the square before the ancient church of Constantinople, the king spoke:

"We declare today that we are the Romanoi. The same people, divided in the mists of time, but today united once more. Together we will stand in this world, united in the worship of one God, dedicated to trade and science, prosperity and knowledge, peace and justice. We are the Romanoi. Romanoi forever!".

To the cheers of the people Antiochene wine began to flow.
          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• The Field of Gold

Meanwhile, in the south the preparations were almost complete. The field of gold, as it had become known, had taken shape. People marvelled at the construction of a whole village, nay a town, from nowhere. Truly Byzantine craftsmen excelled themselves in beauty and art, having a grasp of aesthetic far beyond most in this world.

All was ready for Theodoius and the English King.

Comment

• King of England,

We hope this is just a misunderstanding. Please restore our open border treaty so we can continue our journey. You must know that closing your borders also keep our missionaries out so we can't teach you how to save your souls.
              Aseem interesting that you now come to talk to us, I and my people have been sending you letters (in game msgs) and you haven't answer one yet. Seeing this cold attitude towards us we have closed borders.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoC) View Post
                Aseem interesting that you now come to talk to us, I and my people have been sending you letters (in game msgs) and you haven't answer one yet. Seeing this cold attitude towards us we have closed borders.

We are afraid none of your letters had reached us.. we fear that your messengers may have lost on their way...

(ooc I'm serious about this, check the ooc thread pls, recently I wrote what could be the problem)

Comment

• "Your Lowest, the yearly Ottoman stone tablet arrived"
                  One of the servants of Ahm'Az arrived with a huge message, written in stone.
                  Ahm'Az examined the tablet.

Ottomania was known for sending these stone-tablets
                  More or less once per year the Ottomans sent their message to the Persians.
                  It didn't matter if the Persians returned the writing or not,
                  the Ottomans never followed up.

This time again the Ottomans rambled on about all kinds of threats and insults.
                  No explanation, just only rambling.

"What is he talking about?" Ahm'Az asked.
                  "I don't know, my Hairy!" the servant said.
                  it read: -Do you plan to take more action like the following?-
                  "What actions?" Ahm'Az wondered.
                  "Bathing in the Mehran? Dancing for Hastog? Eating bees?"
                  "I don't know most untrustworthy"
                  "Do they want us to dig for gold? or perhaps have fun with the virgins?"
                  "I can't barely believe the latter, sir. Though there are some rumours about the Ottomans...."
                  "Tell me" Ahm'Az demanded.
                  The servant whispered something in Ahm'Az ear.
                  "BUHWHAhahahahahaha" Ahm'Az laughed.

"Will you return the letter?"
                  "Sure!"
                  "It'll be in vain! The Ottomans most probably can't even read"
                  "We'll have some fun" Ahm'Az decided.

Letter to the Ottomans

Nameless leader of the Ottomans,

To answer your random questions: YES, YES, YES, NO, YES, YES, YES and YES.
                  I don't know who this Fahraz is you talk about, but as soon as I get hold on him you I'll send him to you for your own pleasure!

You talk about the many questions you have.
                  We do also have questions ourselves! Here they are:

1. Are the rumours true?
                  2. Did you really stop it?
                  3. How long?
                  4. And are you sure?
                  5. When will it happen?

I salute you with the love of Hastog!
                  May he make all your dreams come true!

Guru Ahm'Az of Persia
                  Great Servant of Hastog

Then both Ahm'Az and the servant laughed for minutes.
                  Last edited by Persia (DoC); October 30, 2009, 10:57.
                  Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                  <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• There on the field of gold, Clandint the King of the English, and Theodosius King of Byzantium met in peace.

For a thousand years this border had been tense, the great flat lands split between English and Byzantine. Brothers they called each other, but as with many brothers it was marked as much by rivalry and suspicion as trust.

But now, on they met to declare their brotherhood:

"We the people of the Red Cross and the Byzantines are brothers. This day we proclaim a thousand years of peace between our people - an era of trade and free movement between our nations. We Clandint and Theodosius swear to this peace on behalf of our people's here - in full view of the world."

Then the chaos broke out, when the Byzantine nobles introduced to the English the sport of chariot racing which had just been developed in Constantinople - there on the field of gold a hippodrome had been set up.

Many bones were broken that day, and fortunes lost, and in the days of celebration which followed.

Comment

• I Clandint sign this treaty with my brother Theodosius. Let there be peace and trade.... for a thousand years.

My brother today the Red Cross people welcome the Cross religion as their own.

Comment

• The dominion of Christ now stretches from the Sea of Ice to the Southern Ocean, from the Western Hills to the fair city of Luxor poised on the Eastern sea. The saviour is indeed now Lord.

I proclaim that we are entering the years of the Lord.

The world begins a fresh in this first year of the Lord, in the language of the Romanoi 'anno domini'.
                        Last edited by Byzantium (DoC); October 31, 2009, 08:26.

Comment

• Teachings of Hastog 4:3-16

3. When Hastog had conquered Hastogsburg he spoke to the people of Persia, saying, while the crowd listened
                          4. "Man, be strong!
                          Man, show courage!
                          Man, avoid weakness!
                          Man, be Awake!
                          Man, live! Man!
                          5. Only the weak need a saviour!
                          Only the pathetic ask for help.
                          Only the defeated reach out.
                          Only the foolish pray.

6. Who would wait for the help of the divine?
                          Why linger on your path to glory, waiting for Meni?
                          7. Where was Allah when you called for him?
                          8. Where was God when you reached out to him?
                          9. Man, be strong! Wait for no saviour! Save yourself and live your life.
                          Don't hand the fate of your life but keep it close.
                          10. You hold your destination! There for show the courage to rule!
                          11. Show the will to find your own path.
                          12. Kill those who dare to stand in your way.
                          13. Leave those who step aside untouched.
                          14. Man, be strong! Wait for no saviour! Save yourself!
                          15. Follow my lead! Like I have shown you,
                          those who help themselves, will win the world!
                          16. Those who wait for the help of their saviour,
                          they will wait in vain. Those who take responsibility
                          and who courage, they will win the world."
                          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• William lay in bed sound asleep. In his dream him found himself at the doorway where his
                            father killed Cheney. There in the door way was a statue of Saint Michael holding down
                            Hastog with his foot. Under the statue a plate of bronze that read:

To any who warship the fallen shale share the fait of the fallen and will burn in the depths of hell.

William woke up in a cold sweet confused unsure what his dream was trying to tell him.
                            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Working...
                            X