The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the apology Persia.

I understand what you were doing, and its a fun story line and approach to history. I got spooked though since the deal says the city is handed over to the Persians and then the Persians are saying there is no deal, and then Russia double-moves to snatch the city when I was about to refortify it until we got some clarity.

It was almost comical. I had read the Persian post, and the lack of a Russian response to my post saying two things were needed (1) public acceptance of the treaty and (2) they move troops to Rhodes, and had composed a response about refortifying Rhodes until they were clearer, came on to post it, and saw Rhodes had fallen!

We move on. And Inca I hope you have got your turn in.
    Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Game is on pause, waiting for Inca. Inca: please pm me when you're ready
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Byzantium: I got spooked though since the deal says the city is handed over to the Persians and then the Persians are saying there is no deal

That explain it!
        Well, I first wanted to wait with my story about the end of Ahm'Az (who is he again?) till the city was handed over, but then you wrote this story post:

Byzantium: 2. You (=Russia) / the Persians have not sent any unit to Rhodes to take possession of it. You still have no unit adjacent to it.

I understood from that post that you were ok as well if Russia would just grab the city and would raze it. Especially since the city had not been offered to me yet and you had rejected my offer to you to take the city from you.

Only after that story post from you I wrote my post about the end of Ahm'Az.

See, you were just paranoid :P
        I'm glad we were able to sort it out. Nobody was wrong, it was just a miscommunication.
        Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• It is a complicated world isn't it!

I always knew that IG it would have to be a russian unit that took it, because Persia actually has a open borders agreement with Byzantium so a Persian unit would enter the city not destroy it. But diplomatically and in stories (and who knows perhaps for the future ) it was important that the city was handed to the Persians not the Russians.

As for not gifting it to you in game - that would have been a very different result, since then the city would not have been destroyed as agreed (since once you had it, you couldn't destroy it, and nor could the Russians because they are not at war with you), and there are also implications for culture.

Guess it shows the complication of making happen IG what is agreed in posts on here. But we are there - though Byzantium is now fearful that the Britannic drugs barons will soon be flooding our land, corrupting our children. have you heard - even their ministers are high most of the time! And you call me paranoid
          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
            It is a complicated world isn't it!

I always knew that IG it would have to be a russian unit that took it, because Persia actually has a open borders agreement with Byzantium so a Persian unit would enter the city not destroy it. But diplomatically and in stories (and who knows perhaps for the future ) it was important that the city was handed to the Persians not the Russians.

As for not gifting it to you in game - that would have been a very different result, since then the city would not have been destroyed as agreed (since once you had it, you couldn't destroy it, and nor could the Russians because they are not at war with you), and there are also implications for culture.

Guess it shows the complication of making happen IG what is agreed in posts on here. But we are there - though Byzantium is now fearful that the Britannic drugs barons will soon be flooding our land, corrupting our children. have you heard - even their ministers are high most of the time! And you call me paranoid
            ah so officialy the persina never were at war with you..

ok...... thanks for the clarification ... makes sense now...

Comment

• Game is down as well as CIV stats. My day is now ruined it is RUINED!

Comment

• OOC

Btw ... I don't think we should change the voucher system to compensate or level the playing field for those CIVs that have inept leaders. Such is life. Some people succeed and others fail miserably. Fortunately in life I do better than my tepid performance in this game. Regardless I still have fun and that is all that matters.

/OCC

Comment

• I've had my anti virus program quarantine a known exploit when visiting this site. bh[1].pdf. Its found in a temp directory in IE. There is something inhabiting this site that is nasty. Anyone else have this happen?

Comment

• don't use explorer...

also, I had no idea there was any confusion about the deal. I moved away my troops, sent out my settlers, and saw byzantine empty their city. I then moved one of my units next to the empty city and figured if there was any confusion then byzantine would fill up their city again. as they didn't, I figured everything was set up for the peace treaty as agreed on the discussions.
                    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                    The Russian Dynasty:
                    Samo the Headbanded
                    Catherine the Progenitor
                    Dominika Ekatarinova
                    (Konya the Lost)
                    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Must...... play...... turn..... NOW!
                      <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Need game now or else.
                        The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• game down?
                          Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                          The Russian Dynasty:
                          Samo the Headbanded
                          Catherine the Progenitor
                          Dominika Ekatarinova
                          (Konya the Lost)
                          Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Its paused for the inca
                            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• var postsRussiaReadsStart = thread.length - 5;
                              var postsRussiaReadsEnd = thread.length;

showThreadPosts('orgthread'; postsRussiaReadsStart; postsRussiaReadsEnd);

Comment

• Thank you everyone for being kind.
                                Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

Working...
                                X