No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can still continue to discuss BtP stuff in the BtP org thread.
    Let's keep this thread clean and keep DoC politics IC.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Rating ends TOMORROW!
      Roughtly 40 hours left for rating!

Russia, England and Egypt yet have to rate!

Comment

• I'm going to just post this and see who's the first who finds out what everything means
        No, it has nothing to do with the ratings, just with the gamescore and how the 'top civs' compare to the 'bottom civs'

enjoy

Comment

• I give up.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• You weren't able to figure out even 1 column?

Comment

• First column is their rank, second is the civ name, third is their score.

And I guess I know the next two as well. Those euro-commas throw me off.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It's all pretty obvious.. I just wonder why did you neglected most of the civs.. you have calculated avg #1 for persia and not for any other civs.. so if you would be so kind.. (btw it's the difference from the average excluding the civ in question-sry I'm not really good in english when talking about statistic's terms).. But I'm dying to know all the missing data

Comment

• column 4 is score difference with next civ

column 5 is score difference with #1 civ (I made one compared to all as well, but removed it b/c too much info)

column 6 is avg score difference with #1 civ

column 7 is avg score difference with next civ in row 1, avg score difference civ2 t/m 15 in row 2, avg dif civ 3 t/m 15 in row 3, etc.

column 8 is avg score, column 9 is score grow since last turn

column 9 is avg score grow civ 1 t/m 15 (row 1), civ 2 t/m 15 (row 2), civ 3 t/m 15 (row 3), etc.)
                  column 10 is avg score grow civ 1 t/m 15 (row 15), civ 1 t/m 14 (row 14), etc. (opposite of column 9)

I'm going to see if I can automaticly grab the scores from the pitboss server (like civstats does) and feed it to some form that gives all stats all the time.

If anybody knows how to get the data from the pitboss server, please tell!

Comment

• The reason I 'neglected most of the civs' is just a space issue. multi dimensional arrays are needed to display that, which is a bit difficult...

Comment

• Wow! I've no idea what maths here means.

Is IG score not just 1st to last? What do all other maths mean?
                      Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Hmmm Seems like a lot of useless information to me.
                        The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• I think Rome and Portugal's game-long co-operation (after their ancient mini-war and regardless of tensions) as two of the top 3 powers in BtP assured that one of these two civs would win...
                          That is a complete falsehood. I know this isn't the place for this discussion Robert, so delete this but delete the falsehood too please.

Rome (me) was not one of the 3 top powers in BtP for much of the game. And for much of the game, the understanding Rome and Portugal had was directed at opposing the No 1 - Khmer/Deity. Which is exactly the sort of more powerful nations opposing the most powerful nation which people are recommending. And yes in some sense our understanding did bring down the number 1 power, and Rome and Portugal were then set for the mother of all wars except key people dropped out and the game collapsed.

Playing Civ is about writing history, but can we avoid re-writing the history of past Civ games?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Priest View Post

Rome (me) was not one of the 3 top powers in BtP for much of the game.
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• For a game that isn't suppose to be about ingame score there sure is alot of analysis going on.

Comment

• By the people who care least about the ingame score

Comment

Working...
                                X