The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inca (DoC) View Post
    Ras. Sad you go and bit easy beaten. You say no body talking but you never talk with me. you say on story thread you go to war with me but no move. You can not say war with inca with 1 gally and an axeman and archer and expect fear. what fear have i that cuzco falls to that? Best be brave an play like you promise as you take place of others who would have wanted your place. Try yourt best an make others like you in the game not give me free chance to burn down your city. Easy for me to make real war on you after you post story but i did not. Play and learn to be freind to your neighbor.
    See i wouldnt even know how to find out what soldiers you had on a galley off my coast. Show i am not capable of competing at this level.

I had sent you multiple PMs and in game cotnacts and was ignroed each time.

I needed an ally near by and none was i able to convince.

I am not a good manipulator liek you guys. I post my storys as fun but truth.

I guess we all have strengths and weaknesses in life., My weakness is not being able to make friends. Hey that why i on the internet so much. But even here i can not make friends. Noty even one in game.

So i did my best. But you guys are jsut way too good. You are brilliant.

As to the war with inca story. I was going to invade but then realsied that what point. You had much bigger navy around me. So no poitn, yes i wasted the posts. But i couldnt scare you as you admitted so no point continuing the story.

If you attacked me i sort of hoped maybe someone would aid me, but then i realsied no one would so again it was pointless you would have spun such better stories than me.

I love Civ but without an Ally i am too vulnerable. I dont have strong armies, i dont know how to use diploamcy to protect myself.

I jsut wanted to play. Sorry to have wasted all your times. Apaprently it was anticiapated i would leave but no one thoguht perhaps we should make sure he enjoyinh himself so he doenst leave, instead it was made obvious that i was not going to get help.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
      So has anyone PMed Deity or Cappo to see if they want to take over for Ras yet?
      Have a little bit of trust in your game leader
      I'm working on a sub. There actually are candidates beyond deity and The Capo that I've kept anonymous for situations like this (like the current sub of Russia) (ok, I don't even know if we're dealing with original Russia or (perm) sub-Russia right now)

Not that deity and The Capo are not in the loop, there are just more candidates and nobody knows who'll pop-up.

In the end I only let Rasputin know, and Rasputin finalises the succession. So in the end only Rasputin knows.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• yeah who knows maybe i will stay jsut to have somethign to do.....

Comment

• Server down again
          I'm restarting. I hope to have a good save, otherwise some people need to replay their turn.

I'm looking around for a new server right now, please have some patience with me

Comment

• as long as things are moving along then it is what it is.
            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Ras. Inca need all friends an korea could be good for me and you. i want you as freind but you talk to me only by saying i speak gibberish. Others could help you also and just for fun we may go for war.

Serious Ras, i am no wonderful player and you are not a idiot. i only know what you show me. Stay like you say you would an tell good tales and make friends befor war with bigger civ.
              Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• ok i will stay put the subs on hold for a period whilst i see what happens...

Comment

• Russia is perm-sub Russia.
                  The original player of Russia has not made any claim to retake his empire (though he said he might do so in November). I for one hopes he does not, cause I'm having a great time
                  Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                  The Russian Dynasty:
                  Samo the Headbanded
                  Catherine the Progenitor
                  Dominika Ekatarinova
                  (Konya the Lost)
                  Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                    I jsut wanted to play. Sorry to have wasted all your times. Apaprently it was anticiapated i would leave but no one thoguht perhaps we should make sure he enjoyinh himself so he doenst leave, instead it was made obvious that i was not going to get help.
                    A lot of us have given you advice on the game as well as how to find enjoyment of the game. I have not seen you heed any of this advice. Instead of doing something for yourself, you play the pity card and want us to rush to your side.

You aren't the only person here who isn't a pro. There is much fun to be had in talking to your neighbors and other civs. If you aren't willing to send PMs, that's your fault, especially knowing that in-game communication is iffy at best.

If you want to trade with folks, talk to them first, don't just make an offer. If you want to come up with a story that involves your neighbors, talk to them. Share your ideas OOC with people and I'm willing to bet they will work with you. The key is open and frequent communication with those folks.

And to those neighbors of Ras, don't be afraid to contact him and discuss strategy. If neighbors never talk and don't work together, one of them isn't going to survive.

Comment

• Give the guy a break now he's said he'll play on. I like having the old PitA around and his despondancy would be missed!

If he plays and finds out that you don't have to be a brilliant Civ player to have fun then he will win a victory of his own and play a better game next time. It's still very early days anyway and Korea is a solid looking mid-rank Civ which could get a lot bigger.

The catch-up has been brilliant here and even Greece - I thought dead meat - is growing nicely. Just get the Indians and the English to have a good bloodfest war with each other and the World will be a safer place.
                      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videturâ€
                      - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mali (DoC) View Post
                        A lot of us have given you advice on the game as well as how to find enjoyment of the game. I have not seen you heed any of this advice. Instead of doing something for yourself, you play the pity card and want us to rush to your side.
                        Finding nejoyment is subjective and your idea of finding nejoyment can not be forced upon another. My enjopyment comes from interaction. Unfortuantly i was unaaware that people in this game dont repsond to in game offers they only repsond to people via PMs. This was not explained to me. And people just continualy ignored all in game communications.

You aren't the only person here who isn't a pro. There is much fun to be had in talking to your neighbors and other civs. If you aren't willing to send PMs, that's your fault, especially knowing that in-game communication is iffy at best.
                        again i did not know of the probs with in game til lrecently.

If you want to trade with folks, talk to them first, don't just make an offer. If you want to come up with a story that involves your neighbors, talk to them. Share your ideas OOC with people and I'm willing to bet they will work with you. The key is open and frequent communication with those folks.
                        all this is the rules people play by, again not explained at start to me , i was unaaware of peoples reluctanct to be part of communications unless it was all done in PMs. Just follwoing the storys was always what i thought everyone did. See a storythat is interesting and post a repsonse. Again I made huge assumptions about what was happening.

And to those neighbors of Ras, don't be afraid to contact him and discuss strategy. If neighbors never talk and don't work together, one of them isn't going to survive.
                        If this had occured all game instead of just thinking if we ignore him it will be ok, i wouldnt have even been asking or thinking of a sub.

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                          Give the guy a break now he's said he'll play on. I like having the old PitA around and his despondancy would be missed!

If he plays and finds out that you don't have to be a brilliant Civ player to have fun then he will win a victory of his own and play a better game next time. It's still very early days anyway and Korea is a solid looking mid-rank Civ which could get a lot bigger.

The catch-up has been brilliant here and even Greece - I thought dead meat - is growing nicely. Just get the Indians and the English to have a good bloodfest war with each other and the World will be a safer place.
                          unlikely to occur till perhpas last few turns of game.... but would make the whole game more interesting..

Perhaps a religous war! instead of threatening the smaller civs to accept the religions, smash each other....

but we can only dream

Comment

• Game is down!

Comment

• aaaaahhh! must play turn!
                              also, i got an oos message when logged in at the same time as the natives earlier today.
                              Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                              The Russian Dynasty:
                              Samo the Headbanded
                              Catherine the Progenitor
                              Dominika Ekatarinova
                              (Konya the Lost)
                              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• My server crashed
                                Hard disk unusable

But hey, I saw it coming!
                                I literally finished my backup 2 minutes before it happened 8)
                                So nothing is lost.

I've moved everything to my laptop now.
                                JEROEN: if you read this: please bring a spare desktop with you tomorrow!

Anyway, game's up again.
                                My laptop is not very stable lately, though last weeks no problems.
                                I can't guarantee it'll run perfect.
                                If you finished your turn, please make a safe.
                                If the laptop then reboots just upload it somewhere (if you where the last to play your turn). Post a link here so that I can download it and use it!

Thanks all for your patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X