No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I advice anybody who intends to comment on the Failure of Far'Az to first read the last Persian post in the story thread. That includes you, Ozzy Alex'Az!
    Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Here is a mod I found in an other topic:
      http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...2&postcount=35

What about using this-or a similar one-in future diplogames?

Comment

• My server just crashed again
        I don't know or understand what's going on. I'm at work right now, all I was able to do is bring it up again using VNC on my cellphone. (which is still pretty cool, though pretty tedious as well )

Anyway, game's up again, autosave from the beginning of this turn.
        This means that Rome's moves have been undone. Please login again to play, Rome. I'm sorry

@mzprox: that may be interesting indeed! Though we can't have a in-game score category then. (which may not be that much of a problem)
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
          Here is a mod I found in an other topic:
          http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...2&postcount=35

What about using this-or a similar one-in future diplogames?
          Excellent.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
            I advice anybody who intends to comment on the Failure of Far'Az to first read the last Persian post in the story thread. That includes you, Ozzy Alex'Az!
            I'm not even in the game, so your threats don't scare me.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Game's down again.

edit: and now it's up again, thanks once again to Symbian VNC! eat your heart out, iphone / android

edit2: did I already brag about the fact that I've played 2 of my turns with my mobile phone already 8) yes, that's true, civ4 on my cell phone
              Last edited by Robert; October 28, 2009, 09:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                I advice anybody who intends to comment on the Failure of Far'Az to first read the last Persian post in the story thread. That includes you, Ozzy Alex'Az!
                farAz who????
                The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• I wonder if this next Guru is going to pee his pants when the Byzintines come to get him just like the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
                    I wonder if this next Guru is going to pee his pants when the Byzintines come to get him just like the last one.
                    i tohught it was decided nop posting in here with normal logins,

but whatever..

Comment

• I don't wana gossip in the techtrade thread so I bring it here:

Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
                      We dont send secret meesages in PMs but do it in game. We offer fair trades with all . Unfortunalty most of the time we dont even get a no thanks., It is noted by our historians which nations are DIPLOmatic with us and as we are treated so it is written. This type of behaviour has consequences when it comes time for our king to VOTE on who gets Koreas finest.
                      Imho PMs are very good form of communication so please everyone check them often, but that's not why I'm writing. I've read somewhere that ingame messages won't appear unless you press an enter (in the trade panel). I havent tested this myself but could be true and if you didn't know this it could explain a few things (not that I'm against getting into a good conflict over it ).
                      For example Korea says that they offer fair trades and send their messages ingame. However what happened is I just got a trade offer without a word... I have contacted them and explained that we didn't need hunting and made a counter offer. A few turns later they offered us the same trade w/o a word again.. I hope they don't mind if we ignored them this time..

Comment

• I think messages only come through if an actual offer is being made.
                        Just texting another civ will result in an empty screen.

What do you mean when you say: "Press enter"?
                        You have to press enter anyway to send the text, otherwise it won't even appear in the dialog....

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                          What do you mean when you say: "Press enter"?
                          You have to press enter anyway to send the text, otherwise it won't even appear in the dialog....
                          I think some ppl don't press enter just write something, make an offer then 'offer trade'. It might not be the case but could explain why some thinks there is no communication at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            I think messages only come through if an actual offer is being made.
                            Just texting another civ will result in an empty screen.
                            I1m certain that you can send msg w/o an actual offer.

Comment

• If you don't actually see your message in the text square at the top, your message will not be seen by the other person. So once you type the message, you must hit enter to pop the message into the text box at the top.

Comment

• Don't forget to leave your mouse arrow in the field that you are typing in when you press enter, otherwise the enter will be done on the entire screen and you will exit the diplomacy screen, accepting whatever was on the table. That is a strange bug in civ that happens throughout the game; when you mouse away from the box you are typing in, you can sometimes no longer type, it deselects the typing box.

Comment

Working...
                                X