Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
    the usual will be continue improving...
    Too bad I'm unusual.. and I have no idea how the usuals usually find those usually usefull huts always..

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
      Hey Guys, care to tell us who will win, when and how? You seem to know too much already
      Fast start is nice, but it's enough to have a crazy neighbor to ruin anyone's dreams
      Next time pls turn off huts and we should consider a cool mod, namely 'noScore' so we shouldnt have a bad feeling looking at our neighbor's score rating.
      Huts are fun.

And if a 'noScore' mod existed we would use it.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Stop looking at the scores and you wont have a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
          Stop looking at the scores and you wont have a problem.

"What has been seen cannot be unseen"

Seriously though I just dont like its unnatural effects on diplomacy, but we cant change this in current game so no need to argue about it.
          The noscore mod exists.. i couldnt find it tho, but found games where others used it. As i saw it doesnt hide the scores but actually changes the way how scores are given-everyone gets nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
            he will fall soon enough

the usual will be continue improving...

Don't worry Ras. The big boys will hit both of us but that doesn't mean that we cannot hit back. Win or lose - who will remember that we ever lived in a decade's time - so get things in perspective!

Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
            It will lead to my poor civ burning in the wind and me crying like a school girl

You know fully what I mean and you equally know my opinion of you. I just make a polite request that you should avoid any form of OOC baiting of me or I will bite and we will have our first Org Thread exchange of outright abuse.
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

• As it has been written let it be so !
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Is it possible to queue research?

For example...

I will learn tech X in 2 turns but will only be able to log-in again in 4 turns.

Is there a way to select which tech to start researching as soon as tech X has been researched so as to avoid a waste of 2 turns?

Thanks!

Comment

• Yes, shift + click on the next tech while looking at the tech tree.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Wow that is amazing I always thought you can't queue up tech research. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

• Awesome, thanks Ozzy, very helpful.

One more thing...this is my first diplo game...when war is declared the 2 parties revert to a 24hr timer?

I ask not because I'm going to war anytime soon but because I was wondering...I work during the day, so I queue about 3 moves at a time. If war were to occur, I'd be screwed because of that.

So, how does the turn timer work during war?

Comment

• Originally posted by BranksDilly View Post
                        Awesome, thanks Ozzy, very helpful.

One more thing...this is my first diplo game...when war is declared the 2 parties revert to a 24hr timer?

I ask not because I'm going to war anytime soon but because I was wondering...I work during the day, so I queue about 3 moves at a time. If war were to occur, I'd be screwed because of that.

So, how does the turn timer work during war?

hmm could lose a capital in 3 turns with no enemy retaliation
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by BranksDilly View Post
                          It's not in the rules, but yeah we should change to 24h timer as soon as war happens.

Also i wana suggest here that we continue with the faster turns even after t100, 12h turns would be cool in peace time.

And about queue: I have just recently learned that you can give multiple orders to units by using the shift. So it is possible for example to tell a worker who is already working on something that after he finished go to a hill build a mine then a road then go somewhere else build a farm whatever.

Comment

• There is no point in going to war so early. But if one where to start a war no I think switching to 24hrs would be the fair thing to do. Though the one who started the war might piss off alot of ppl who like the 8hr timer.

Comment

• Declare war on one, declare war on all
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• In fact the rules would handle an early war, since the rules are that in war we observe a turn order (within some constraints) so you can't be invaded and have multiple turns played against you without you noticing.

I wasn't sure about the 8hr turn timer for the initial turns - first time I had experienced the start of a MP game. However, its working really well. Not sure what would be the apppropriate point to move to a longer turn around - 100 turns, 120, never? But its working well now, and keeps the game moving for us all, rather than it being slow, intense and boring for many.

Comment

Working...
                                X