No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hours is good. 48 hours means always 48 hours as some miss turn even at more hours.
    Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• umm 48 hours is better so those that dont want to miss turns but have a real life can enjoy that too.

Why is playing this game the most impriotnat thing in your guys lives.

Are you single? No kids ? No extneded family?

Lets not miss turns but palsy when we can, but if we onyl paly 3 times from now till new year so be it.....

Comment

• both 24h and 48h are fine with me.
        Korea: is it a problem for you to have a 24 hour timer? If it is then I'll surely support you, but I don't think anybody explicitly said so far that 24h is a problem.
        Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• umm i jsut said up above that 24 hour turn timer may be an issue..

Till i see hoe much i drink i dont know if i will log in every 24 hours or more or less...

Comment

• In your county you drink to much bad wine and beer is rotten.

Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
            umm i jsut said up above that 24 hour turn timer may be an issue..

Till i see hoe much i drink i dont know if i will log in every 24 hours or more or less...
            Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

• Look at yourself, making yourself an idiot!
              We're living in the year 1000 and you claim that I have edited my message in the year 2009!

Your apologizes will be accepted.

You explain how Fez 'az hears Theodosius' mockery, recalls the propoganda he had sent out to every nation on earth, re-edits it to undermine what Theodosius said, and resends it, and I'll explain the 2009 reference!

Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• I'd prefer 48 hours over the holiday period, but don't do it just on my account.

Comment

• So starting from late 24th, for 3 days, should we compromise on a 36 hour timer.
                  I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• 36 or 48 it makes no difference it will still be torture for me.
                    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• From the next turn on the turn timer will be 36 hours.
                      If you can play your turn, please do so! Otherwise just enjoy the holidays!!
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Am I missing something, but don't the current Persian demands completely break the 'measure war' rule?

If you refuse to accept these terms or if you are not able to come with better terms, then we will continue this war and move you to New Russia with force.
                        The Persians are demanding that Russia hands over every single one of its cities else it will destroy every single one of its cities. That isn't our measure war is it?

Of course:
                        a. Lots of things can be said in character - I wouldn't expect the Guru to believe in measure war, but as long as everyone knows such threats could never be carried out.
                        b. If Russia wants to agree to a relocation of itself (and I can see that Persian is trying to make it an attractive deal) that is for it to decide, as long as it knows the threats could never be carried out.

Comment

• Measured war only applies if there is an ooc problem. No ooc problem no measured war.
                          The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Not sure what you mean. If you mean 'as long as Russia agrees' of course - I did say that myself. I was just reminding Russia that the threats against him couldn't be carried out accord to our rules.

Comment

• Byzantium, this relocation of Russia plan has been public for about 3 weeks already.
                              I did this because I was well aware that this plan is a tricky one.

For 3 weeks you were aware but you did say nothing.
                              And now it seems that this is actually going to work, you suddenly question it.
                              I think that's a questionable approach. I have tried to be very public about it so that I could abandon it early if all players would disagree.

Now I'm already working on it. Abandoning it would cost me a lot, not to mention that the Persian/Russian war would have been completely different if the players of this game are against such a deportation.

So my first question to you: Why did you not raise this question sooner?

To answer your question, yes, it's very harsh towards Russia
                              But I must punish them, what they did to Persia was quite evil.
                              It can't be that small nations (but very strong!) can do anything against big nations without running the risk of being punished.

Russia only has 5 cities (main Russia).
                              Capturing any of these 5 would result in an 'unmeasured' pay back.

That's why I came up with the deportation idea.
                              I am really willing to help Russia with everything I can, including giving vouchers and founding as much as possible cities for them.

I have also already spoken to Russia in ooc-pm's and asked them if they are ok with such an approach, and that I would not do it if they really hate the idea.
                              To that they answered (Back then, not sure how they feel now) that they liked the idea to start all over in such a storyline.

I think that there's more then enough fun for Russia if I can really move them to New Russia, and with 10+ cities, workers, vouchers and armies the result is most probably not even bad for Russia.

But if you guys feel different, please speak up.
                              But I do really regret it that you waited that long.
                              I did not make my plans public for no reason.

I think that the relocation can be carried out, I first give Russia all those new cities in New Russia, and take his old ones.
                              If he ends up with more land and more cities and more techs then I think that we can't entitle it unmeasured.
                              But say so if you think different.

And of course Russia's answer is most important.
                              But once again, I was hitted hard by Russia and I will not let it unaswered.
                              Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                              <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• It is up to Russia if He wants to play along. I think in his place I would, because it looks more interesting/fun than to be weakened next to Persia without much hope to strike him again. But the rule is a rule, so it doesnt hurt to remind everyone about it.

((i cant play now and in the next ~48h, but i will be able to read msgs))

Comment

Working...
                                X