Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] . PART 11 (June 2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] . PART 11 (June 2009)

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Pitboss Diplomacy Game: Beyond the Pit (April 2009)

Only use Anonymous Pitboss Diplo Game Accounts to post messages in this thread!
    Other messages will be removed!
    Use the organization thread for non-story/diplomacy messages.

Visitors, spectators, audiences, etc. are obviously welcome to read this thread, and comment in it, even without a special pitboss login.

Important links:
    CivStats for this game
    gmail login for this game

Story Thread Part 1 (July-August)
    Story Thread Part 2 (September)
    Story Thread Part 3 (October)
    Story Thread Part 4 (November)
    Story Thread Part 5 (December 2008)
    Story Thread Part 6 (January 2009)
    Story Thread Part 7 (February 2009)
    Story Thread Part 8 (March 2009)
    Story Thread Part 9 (April 2009)
    Story Thread Part 10 (May 2009)

Organisation Thread (Part 1)
    Organisation Thread (Part 2)
    Organisation Thread (Part 3)
    Organisation Thread (Part 4)
    Organisation Thread (Part 5)
    Organisation Thread (Part 6)

Tech Trade Thread
    LOGOUT (to login with your real or pitboss account)

IP: plomp.eu:2062
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

A few days ago strange people visited the city of Anasazi. A cheering group in medieval masquerade, shouting and laughing - we hardly undertsood a word, but it was something like :" diet for the japanese" ..crazy men i say.

We just wondered.. havent they heard that the Russians declared war on us in their name?? Anyway, our soldiers happily joined the party ofc..

There were no survivors...

oh well.. our people sensitive a bit recently as half of the world want to kill them..

How can a nation be this dumb btw, that they can't even speak for themselves..

And the Russians? an other funny nation. They say "no peace" while their word just as significant as their military: not at all.
    The only thing they can do is to insult everyone around them then run crying and hide behind Rome's skirt. They will never learn respect this way..

And be no mistaken: Japan will not beg for mercy. While we wish this war to be ended as soon as possible, Japan wont give up its cities and land, but we will fight with honor till the last men...
    Last edited by Pitboss Japan; June 2, 2009, 12:55.

Comment

Marcus Aurelius of Rome,

On behalf of the King of Japan and the King of Korea, I approach you.
      We do acknowledge the Roman superiority.
      We are willing to discuss terms of capitulation with you. These are our terms for starting to discuss these terms:

- Cease Fire immediately [ooc: just stop attacking each other or moving into each other's territory. no in-game cease fire.]
      - We are prepared to give up a lot, we are aware of our poor position in this war.
      - Sparta and Japan will continue to be free independent nations. Our capitulation will be paid in a price yet to be determined during the peace negotiations, not by becoming vassals of the Roman Empire.
      - We will not give up land that belongs to ancient Sparta or Japan. All other lands are open for negotiation.
      - We are aware that we aren't winning this war. We didn't lose it either yet, don't expect us to give in too much during peace negotiations.

We call for a cease fire immediately.

Emperor Alexander II of the Spartan Empire

Comment

Korean Uprising Destroys Spartan Tyranny

Across Spartan occupied Korea the spark of freedom has taken hold.

The people oppressed for centuries - millenia - by the tyrannical Spartans have at last tasted revenge and freedom.

Brave warriors armed only with what Roman agents can smuggle across the mountains

but they inflict defeat after defeat on the remaining rump of once mighty Spartan tank Corps.

Nowhere is safe for the Spartans. The marole shattered by the needless defeat and humiliation inflicted upon them by the barbarous Alexander and his henchman Sato.

The land is in flames, the Spartans fleeing.

Further to the West the Roman tank divisions are racing to cut off the whole Spartan army in Korea.

Korea, the grave of the Spartan imperial dream.

Comment

While Sparta waves the White Banner and retreats it's armies from the battle-front, Romans continue to burn and fight.
          Now Rome even claims history for a battle they fought against retreated Spartan armies. Indeed, the latest city Rome occupied was occupied because the Spartan armies abandoned it after the white flag had been showed to Rome.

"We want to discuss your terms for peace and capitulation" Sparta says
          "We burn your undefended cities while you talk about peace" Rome says.

Comment

From: Chairman Vasili Mikhailovich Blokhin, Council of Transition and Stability
            To: Civilised Nations of the World
            CC: Queen Alexandra the Coward of Greece, Japanese Puppet Governors of Spartan Colony

Merciful Greeks? Has the World ever thought to associate those two words? What 'Mercy' did Greece offer Pax Romana when it launched a brutal unprovoked attack? What 'Mercy' did Greece offer Korea and Maya?

Butchers and Murderers! You sacked both the Russian and Piercian Capitols and a Wyandot City lies devastated by a 'Brave' assault by Tank on Maceman! Countless soldiers and ciyilians of Pax Romana lie dead by your hand! Hardy Oldonian young men have also perished attempting to regain the lands stolen from them by your Whelp! They join the dead of Korea and Maya upon the list of hideous War-Crimes you, and your perverted forefathers, have commited! What 'Mercy' have you ever shown?

You are beneath contempt Alexandra! You are a craven coward who still promotes servitude, slavery and oppression when all Civilised Nations have long since adandoned these evil practices! You shall Rot in Hell for your evil deeds!

Major-General Vasili Mikhailovich Blokhin
            Chairman, Council of Transition and Stability

Comment

Across Sparta, and subjugated Korea, Japan and Piercia, the same message appeared everywhere - written on walls by Korean freedom fighters, found on cheaply produced leaflets, dropped from airplanes, washed up on the coasts, dispersed by Roman spies.

People of Sparta
              Rome was your friend, Rome will be your friend again.
              Rome has never held any nation in subjection, and never will.
              But Rome will never negotiate with the warmongering Alexander and Sato, who brought the death of millions by their imperialistic greed.
              People of Sparta.
              They try to negotiate to save their own skins while your sons die.
              Turn them over to be tried for their war-crimes and let us find peace

Comment

A Secret Meeting

At the Spartan naval base on the Sparta/Korean border, a Roman agent approached a senior serving Spartan naval officer.

But this was no ordinary office. Yes a junior admiral, yes a battleship commander, but more significantly this was Achelaus, the eldest son of Daphne the daughter of Perdiccas III (the grandfather of Alexander II, father of Menelaus II) and Penelope.

The Roman agent’s message was simple. “Sparta needs you. Take control. The people remember your grandfather and mother with affection. Rome will leave ancient Sparta in your hands. Take control, seize Alexander II and Sato, hand them over to justice. The future of Sparta lies in the great university of Athens, not in the blood stained militarism of Alexander.

I have a direct personal link to Marcus. I can negotiate terms.”

Comment

Archelaus quickly travelled back to Athens.
                  He arranged a meeting with some alike minded people.

"Here we are in Athens, the city that should be the capital of Greece!" he said.
                  "What's our business in Korea? What's our business in Piercia? What's our business in Japan? What's our business in Maya? Why are Greek people dying there?"

the silence was deafening.
                  The tension was cutting through the walls.....

Comment

Archelaus waited a couple of minutes.
                    Then he continued: "If we do nothing our soldiers will continue to die in Korea and Piercia! Rome will defeat them and then nothing will stop it to drive it's tanks to the gates of Knossos, Sparta and.... Athens..."

"Portugal will help!" a tall nervous man whispered.
                    "Portugal?" the man next to him said while shaking his head....
                    "Portugal has betrayed us, don't you know that?" the bald man next to Archelaus said. "BE-TRAY-ED" he spelled.
                    "TO HELL WITH PORTUGAL" some yelled.
                    "SILENCE" Archelaus screamed.

Everybody calmed down.
                    "Mistos, please explain the situation with Portugal" Archelaus said while looking at the bald guy who spoke up earlier.

Mistos scratched his beard.
                    "I am the Chief Scribe of Alexander" he said. Some were shocked.
                    "I can tell you, numerous letters have been sent to General Pantev, Alexander has sent some not to long ago. The Portuguese didn't even care to answer any of them..."

silence

"But we have a mutual defence pact" the tall nervous guy cried.
                    "I'll tell you, Partenos, it's more then a mutual defence pact. I was there when Alexander and Pantev co-coordinated the war against the Romans. I was there when the plans were made. First Sparta would invade Russia, then Rome would come to the aid of Russia, which would give Portugal a valid excuse to attack Rome. Russia had given the valid excuse for an attack from Sparta already.
                    That was the plan. Pantev and Alexander shook hands, had a lot of beers and were very good friends.

'Friend' Pantever said to Alexander, 'friend, we will teach those Romans a lesson they will not forget! You trick them first to come to Korea with their army, and exactly when their army is on the Inner Sea, I will invade them from the north. We have a deal."

"But Portugal never declared war...." the tall guy said...
                    "No" Mistos, the Chief scribe of Alexander growled. "No Partenos, Pantev never did what it had vowed to do. I told you, Portugal has betrayed us. That's the doom of Alexander."

"Alexander the FOOL!" someone screamed.
                    "He's not a fool, he was betrayed!" the tall guy said. "And who knows, perhaps Portugal will come after all! Pantever promesed to, he's a man of honour!"

"Alexander is a fool." Mistos whispered. "He's a fool because he picked the wrong friends. What good is there to trust on a far away Portugal?"

"Exactly" Archelaus took the word. "That's the wrong we have to correct. When I'm King we'll cut our bounds with Portugal and allie ourselves to the Romans."

"Allying to the Roman? They'll knock on your door to enslave you" Partenos said.
                    "Perhaps, but I believe that I have means to negotiate a good deal with the Romans. I have some contacts....."

"What do we do?" some guy asked.
                    "If I can bring Alexander to the Romans they'll install me as the King of Greece." Archelaus said.
                    People were shocked.
                    "Will you join me to bring peace to Greece again?" Archelaus asked.
                    Then the Chief Scribe walked forwards and bowed for Alexander. "I'll follow you and servce you, my King!" he said.
                    Others then queued up to do the same.
                    In the back of the room the tall guy left in silence. Nobody noticed that he had dissapeared.

Comment

Alexander was coordinating the new waves of attacks on Roman armies when suddenly the doors to the secret military mission room were opened.
                      A tall, nervous looking, guys entered. He walked straight to Alexander.

He bowed for Alexander and said: "Sire, the people are complaining!"
                      "Of course they are, we're in a war." Alexander said.
                      "Where's the Chief Scribe?" the tall man asked.
                      "He's not here, he's most probably in my office" Allexander replied.
                      "Mistos.... Mistos is...." Partenos said
                      "What's up with Mistos?" Alexander asked.
                      Then Partenos looked at the military maps. It didn't look very good.
                      "Mistos is in his office..." Parenos mumbled. Then he said with a loud voice: "Where's Portugal?"

Alexander became very angry. "Don't ask me about Portugal all the time! They'll come to our aid! They are our allies, our friends! I don't want ANYBODY to say ANYTHING negative about Portugal! General Pantev and me, we are good friends! He called me 'friend'! Portugal will come to our aid! Now stop this ever ongoing mourning about Portugal. I will let everybody who speaks evil about Portugal be executed!"

"Yes sir..." Partenos said in shock.
                      "Now let me plan the new wave of attacks! Rome will be surprised by our new moves!" Alexander said, while turning towards his Generals again.

Partenos took a seat in a corner. He was very nervous. Even more nervous then usually. His brains kept going. Thoughts in his head. Thoughts about his wife and his daughter. The house they bought in Argos, near the seas.

Then suddenly the Bald guy, the Chief of the Scribes entered the room.
                      He walked straight to Alexander. They talked, Mistos laughed, Alexander laughed. Partenos couldn't hear what they were talking about.
                      "Betrayer...." Partenos whispered but he wasn't sure if he directed those words at Pantev or Mistos. Perhaps both of them.....

Comment

Liberation

Korean crowds on the streets welcoming the liberating Roman army in the first many city of Korea to be captured from Sparta.

Comment

Lars Ulrich, Metalhead Foreign Minister

My advisors and I have spend much time pondering the dulge of information which arrived after my attempt to clarify and apologise for the unintended offence which my speech to the Roman parliament seems to have given.

We find the information very confusing.

The printing of maps with strange figures on them, lines of dates, etc. makes no sense to us. The closest we find to them is the material produced by one of our latest bits of equipment called a computer, but since as we understand it, the Metalheads have only recently gained knowledge of electricity, we can’t fathom what they are. Similarly the main point you seem to be concerned about is that ‘it was fair’ and the other meduian nations acted ‘to even the odds’. This sounds like you think you are playing some sort of game. But this is real life, with the lives of millions at stake.

However, these events are past history as far as we are concerned. We find no great problem with the time line you suggest – and don’t see it contradicts my speech in any material aspects. My speech itself said that “The situation shrouded in confusion” – and simply stated that Roman forces faced forces from across Meduia (which you accept) and that there was Spartan diplomatic involvement. The former you accept; the latter I am not quite sure what you are saying, your words seem rather precisely chosen, but it is of little consequence, the oath-breaking Alexander is broken now.

If there are subtleties here that I am missing, I am sorry. I will leave it to the history and law professors our great universities to work out.

Marcus, Custos of Rome.

Comment

From: Chairman Vasili Mikhailovich Blokhin, Council of Transition and Stability
                            To: Civilised Nations of the World

It appears that there are the rumblings of discontent in Greece. The unjust War against Pax Romana and Oldonia seems to have lost favour amongst more enlightened elements within the Greek Heirachy and perhaps Peace has become more than a Fairy-Tale to lull our children to sleep.

I hope, all Russia hopes, that this dreadful conflict may be ended. Sadly, until such time as a total change in current Greek Government and the appointment of a different, and hopefully less sadistic, Governor of the Grecian Colony of Japan has taken place formal negotiations cannot be entered into.

Whilst Alexandra and Sato remain in place Russia will consider War the only course. When these two vile, barely, human-beings are brought to account for their misdeeds and cruelties Russia will know that Greece is a nation worthy to be re-admitted into the family of civilised men.

Let the rumours be true and honesty and justice prevail over lies and deceit!

Major-General Vasili Mikhailovich Blokhin
                            Chairman, Council of Transition and Stability

Comment

Durango liberated from Roman oppression

The former Mayan capital, Durango, has been liberated by the Spartan army!
                              Not that long ago Rome occupied the latest Mayan City on the Original Mayan Territories. Mayan armies were driven away to the far away tundra cities on New Portugal. But Sparta promised revenge!

Today Spartan armies marched into the streets of Durango, freeing the citizen from Roman suppression and fulfilling the Spartan oath of honour.
                              Durango is free again!

The city has immediately been offered back to the Mayans to take hold of it.
                              Spartan officials are awaiting Mayan leaders to take back the keys of the city gates.

[i]Mayan citizen welcome Spartan liberation forces with joy and happiness[/img]

On the Durango Airport 4 Roman bombers were destroyed.
                              Alexander was enraged when he heard about this. He had ordered that the bombers would be brought to Sparta for use against the Roman armies, but there were no soldiers with knowledge to fly the machines.

Spartan armies also reported the destruction of 8 Roman tanks that had invaded Spartan-Korean territories. Apart from some lost artilleries no damage has been done to the Spartan armies in the process.

To: Marcus Aurelius of Rome

Marcus, you continued this war and ignored my proposal for cease fire.
                              What were you thinking? Rome has not won this war yet!
                              How much more casualties will you accept before you understand that a cease fire is the best road to peace?

Some Roman Tank-Drivers cried for their mothers before they died.
                              Our super-medics tried to save their lives, but they passed away with tears in their eyes. Some cursed you, Marcus, for sending them to a war that far away from their homes. One was reported to say:

"Curse you Marcus the Insane! I do not care about Maya, I do not care about Korea! All I care about is my mother" then he died.

Marcus the Barbarian, who ignores the white flag only to see large portions of his army to be destroyed after that.

Once again I offer you a cease fire. Sparta is willing to discuss the terms of peace and we are willing to discuss very favourable terms for Rome.
                              But don't be mislead. Sparta has enough power to continue this war for much longer.

Alexander II
                              Emperor of Sparta

Comment

Working...
                              X