This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
    Spain / Portugal / Japan: EVERY login delays the start of the new turn.
    So if you guys keep logging in and out to this game to see if the turn already has proceeded it'll never proceed. Just letting you know
    Well I wasn't expecting anyone to be there when I logged in, so I was surprised that Portugual was in and then Japan entered in and left and then we had Wydanot and Maya enter just affter the turn of the timer. What I was expecting to shorten my stay in the game was actually longer.

I can't vote. The announcement says that voting is meant to have ended on the 18th of February.

@Khmer. Wussel wossel.

Comment

khmer: now post that "I didn't do it" msg in the story thread and you're done. (apart from nuking Russia of course )
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
        Celts: Cyber, you are making yourself into a sore loser and using your power of host to hold the game over our head.

I simply can't win here.
        When I do not pause the game I'm yelled at for not pausing the game.
        When I do pause the game I'm yelled at for pausing the game.
        Cyber I was not yelling at you. I believe that since you are the host and in the middle of controversy (and a heated one at that), it was important to pause the game for a day and sort out what happened. This was not a typical double-move rules dispute.

Comment

Greece i loved your video. My wife saw it as well and she said we all are crazy!!!

Comment

I see that Maya was converted to AI and then returned to human control. Have they quit and been passed to someone else?

Different topic but I can only get the audio on your clip my Grecian friends as it defaults to media-player on download and quicktime just doesn't want to play it at all. What application did you use?
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

it's an flv.
              Look for an flv-player! (go to downoad.com and search for flv player, it'll get you something)

I'm sorry, an avi would've been 90MB!

@Portugal: tell your wife that my wife told me that I'm a 'nerd' for at least 200 times after I made the video.

Comment

Our great Pacal has chanced his password.
                That can only be done by retiring from the game and logging in again.
                It happened so soon that I doubt that it was anybody else but the real Maya.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Greece View Post
                  No love for my self-shot video?
                  http://plomp.eu/diplo/declaration_orestes.avi
                  I swear I had an idea to do a video just before I left this game.

Great idea
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I first wanted to do it as Archelaus in front of the gates of Rome, treatening to burn down the city if he would not give in but...... Archelaus did never really make it too far In my head it was quite a story line.

Comment

Sadly it would seem that I am destined not to see Orestes upon the screen as no flash player seems to be fond of it either. I even went into dos to correct the extension and it made no difference. What did you use Portugal?
                      Last edited by St Jon; March 7, 2009, 19:43.
                      - Anon

Comment

Connection to Host

I seem to be experiencing particular problems when my Roman neighbour is logged in. Do you run a heavy duty firewall Rome? I never seem to have any problems with Ozzy. MMC or Cyber and I think the quaint Japanese have also been around without causing a fuss. The Khmer are also a problem connection wise but maybe they carry their perfidy and mischief making to all things?

Anyone any ideas?
                        - Anon

Comment

Cyber you should have told me that by defeating the armies of you and your allies I was spoiling a video shoot - I'm sure I would have given in just to see it ... not.

FF - sorry about the log in problems. I'm not aware of any problems since others seem to log in ok when i am connected. But i must admit I don't really understand how to check what firewall is on here. (of course, its actually a cunning IG tactic)

Comment

Cyber you should have told me that by defeating the armies of you and your allies I was spoiling a video shoot - I'm sure I would have given in just to see it ... not.

Maybe I'll be able to use it later

Comment

Ummm... Unless you're talking about a second video from our very own Crazy Dutchman™, then it's not an FLV, it's a Compressed AVI using the XVid codec: Here's the codec installer. Just use WMP to watch the video once the codec is installed.
                              Last edited by MMC; March 8, 2009, 05:20.
                              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Hey, I meant to bring this up last time. But I think I may have missed a turn due to inability to log in (at the time) so I intended on playing later but couldn't get home. I am not complaining, its fine but I just wanted to point it out because I tried to log in earlier and the game froze up on me. Then I just tried to log in again and I couldn't get in. Maybe you should shut the game down and start it up again or something.

And what's going on with Maya? Did he quit?
                                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                                X