X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
    Thank You and hello to everyone!
    It's great that i got Japan, I was told i'm about to win.. some price . I will review my situation and make some research about my country's past and present and make my move in the evening.
    Just don't piss-off the host and you'll be okay.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by LzPrst View Post
      btw... since this game is nearing its end, should I announce a new one to start soon?
      I'd like to help you organize the next diplogame if you don't mind. PM me.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Server down? Can't connect

Comment

• Apparently my connection was down for an hour.
          It's fixed itself now.

The Capo: Just don't piss-off the host and you'll be okay.

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo View Post
            Just don't piss-off the host and you'll be okay.

True! Cyber is monster! He'll murder your pet hamster if you're not careful!
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

• I'd like to hear the experts' opinion about the following situation. It's about avoiding double move, which rule may sound clear first but for me not quite.
              So:
              There are two cities(A,B) and a sieging army next to city A, ready to make it's attack. City A has quite strong defense but still could fall so i move some troops (squad B) from city B towards city A (couldnt get there but they may retake the city if it would fall next turn). But a few minutes later my enemy moves his sieging army from city A to a now less defended city B. To answer that i move now i move some troops out from city A (squad A).
              so as you see we moved simulaneously, What will happen next? does the no double move counts on every soldier independently somehow?
              For example i should be able to move squad B back to city B because i moved out with them before my enemy appeared close to city B. But if i'm already moving i may move some other troops inside from squad A as well..
              BUT anyway: it would be bad if he somehow could take my city before i make my troops back and that 6 hours rule wont help me much.. i will be still sleeping
              So what are the rules for this situation? (which is actually no londer valid, but in theory)

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                I'd like to hear the experts' opinion about the following situation. It's about avoiding double move, which rule may sound clear first but for me not quite.
                So:
                There are two cities(A,B) and a sieging army next to city A, ready to make it's attack. City A has quite strong defense but still could fall so i move some troops (squad B) from city B towards city A (couldnt get there but they may retake the city if it would fall next turn). But a few minutes later my enemy moves his sieging army from city A to a now less defended city B. To answer that i move now i move some troops out from city A (squad A).
                so as you see we moved simulaneously, What will happen next? does the no double move counts on every soldier independently somehow?
                For example i should be able to move squad B back to city B because i moved out with them before my enemy appeared close to city B. But if i'm already moving i may move some other troops inside from squad A as well..
                BUT anyway: it would be bad if he somehow could take my city before i make my troops back and that 6 hours rule wont help me much.. i will be still sleeping
                So what are the rules for this situation? (which is actually no londer valid, but in theory)
                An interesting position. I delayed my move - regardless of 6hrs having elapsed = to allow you to see what awaited you. I knew this to be giving the chance to draft at both Osaka and Owari but still felt it fair to give you first move. You, however, logged in at 3/30/09 11:10 am and remained logged in until such time as I had to take my turn at 3/30/09 2:09 pm, or lose it for need of sleep. I was not delighted by the situation that greeted me when my move was immediately countered by your's. This must have been a deliberate move on your part to actually stay 'in game' until I logged in to immediately counter any move I might make. I doubt any interpretation of the 6hr Rule could have been thought of to deal with such a ploy. I am still not happy with it!
                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                - Anon

Comment

• if i gather correctly.

Prox moved first Sqaud B towards Town A. That move ok.
                  FF moves his seiging army towards Town B... That move ok.

Prox them moves squad A from Town A towards Town B ... That move is ok.

No double move there as no unit was moved twice...

Unless i misiosng something.

Aslo did a turn end somewhere in this or was it all one turn
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Someone take out those pesky Vikings , cant beleive he allowed the greeks to expand into the desert .

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• I think the basic concept of the rule is that the person who moves LAST has to wait six hours into the next turn in order to move again (or of course until the opposition has moved). I think the general policy though, is to move all of your units in one go rather than staying online to react or logging back in to move other units. I don't consider that against the "spirit" or the rule, but I think it makes it difficult to determine who actually moved last when you do that.

But basically whoever moves last in the previous turn has to wait the six hours in the next turn. Unless, of course, you are the host. In that case you can do whatever the hell you want, apparently.

One Love.

Comment

• Maybe an addition should be made to the rule, something like:

Opponents don't move simultaniously during war, players are not allowed to move after they have finished their turn during war. A war-turn cannot last longer then 1 hour to avoid blocking the opponent from playing

Good rule?
                        Last edited by Robert; March 31, 2009, 09:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo View Post
                          I think the general policy though, is to move all of your units in one go rather than staying online to react or logging back in to move other units. I don't consider that against the "spirit" or the rule, but I think it makes it difficult to determine who actually moved last when you do that.
                          Yes, it should be done this way, the six hours rule actually not "perfect". I think the best solution would be if the warring sides made an agreement about which timeframe they are moving their units and they would stay in that untill the end of the war.
                          For example I make my move always in the morning (GMT), the other party can do it in the evening. But if both of us wana take a turn in the morning/evening we could still agree on the time. One hour should be enough to move all units so we could say:"I move 7-8, you 8-9- always-.
                          If something happens and one side cannot make its move in its timeframe they could still find a soultion in pm but these were only the exceptions.

Comment

• Yea, I agree, you guys should work out an arrangement. But you need to move all your units at the same time. You can't keep some units in reserve to make counter moves during your opponents turn.

You get one chance to move each turn. That's it.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Let's just adopt that rule change I suggested 3 posts earlier.

Comment

• As far as rule changes, I do NOT agree to changing the rule to cover the turn before war is declared.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X