• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come to think of it did I Vote Cyber?

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
      We vote per month.
      2009-02 will be this voting round.
      Just send a mail with: "Russian votes for 2009-02" and it'll be fine.

I'll launch the vote-call later today. (and give everyone a few extra days b/c of the big fight)
      I did just that! Did I send it to the wrong address?
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

• game down.

Comment

• @FF: Perhaps.... it's not in the vote inbox (vote@diplo.plomp.eu) is it still in your sent items?

Game's running fine btw. Perhaps it was tmp down while I was sleeping? (connection? ISP?)
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Maya,

I am surprised to notice that this last turn you have taken in Mayan control the Korean city on NP and the Korean city on the southernly island which they share with me. This isn't what was discussed on here. I supported Mayan take over of the Korean mainland although IG it was obviously bad for me and Russia, but I hope we can stick to the other aspects of what was discussed on here, and its not another case of once someone has the log in and attention focuses elsewhere, they start to think that all of the land is by rights theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome View Post
              Maya,

I am surprised to notice that this last turn you have taken in Mayan control the Korean city on NP and the Korean city on the southernly island which they share with me. This isn't what was discussed on here. I supported Mayan take over of the Korean mainland although IG it was obviously bad for me and Russia, but I hope we can stick to the other aspects of what was discussed on here, and its not another case of once someone has the log in and attention focuses elsewhere, they start to think that all of the land is by rights theirs.
              Wrong Thread Beloved Ally!

BTW - Have you now got my votes Cyber?
              - Anon

Comment

• I got your votes Russia!

And I think this is the correct thread for these things.
                The argument and debate thread (factually the 'fight' thread) was specially created for the... uhm.... fight! Let's hope it'll sink to the lowest bottom of hell asap where it'll be totally forgotten till the en of days. Then the big judge himself will all judge us on how we behaved during the darkest times of diplogaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
                  I get the whole thing about how you feel what happened was an injustace. I just wanted to know why the celts call it unbalanced.
                  I don't know how many cities you grabbed. You gained enough to jump from last place to the middle of the pack with absolutely no work. You took it upon yourself to demand the cities and took them, barely pausing long enough for discussion or claims from other civs. It was like a fire sale.

A sub for Percia could have been located, but noooooooo. Let's not do that when someone can catapult themselves from last place. This game stinks of greed and corruption.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
                    That still does not answer what I am asking. that would better fall under the unhappy catigory not the unbalanced.
                    I am unhappy because the situation was not fair to the participants of the game, not because I gained nothing in the situation. How can anyone think that what happened was fair? This boggles the mind that you believe what happened was justified. If what Friendly Fire says is true (and I have no reason to doubt him since he was involved in the dispute), you gained 5 cities. Are you telling me you are NOT significantly better off now that you acquired those cities. Of the three cities you sloughed off, how many of those were stronger than what you acquired from Percia?

Comment

• Celts, as always you are days late so in the interest of not starting another fight especially one you will most likely not respond to for many days lets just do what FF said and drop it.

Comment

• I Repeat! Please let us end this dispute now!

I know I opposed the deal, but the deal has been done and BtP cannot stand another dispute.

If Celtia, America and England, as the lowest ranked nations, feel they have been robbed of the spoils of Persia/Korea then I am certain both Maya and Japan will grant either a city as a gift or lands to build upon. Even Russia, now overtaken by Japan you should note, can offer 1 city or land enough for one, given sea transport, to be built so I am certain that all of the major powers could at least match that.

The chance to just resurrect Persia and look for a replacement was offerred! It still would have had to happen had Russia refused Japanese lands on New Sparta. Nobody else made a solitary comment about the issue until now, well after the event, so I accepted the deal and the rest is history.

It's over now so let's just forget it and get on with the game.
                        - Anon

Comment

• Japan did not 'take' all of Piercia.
                          It was asked to al nations who wanted some pieces. Only Russia and Japan were interested.

A sub for Piercia could most probably not be found. Maybe I'm wrong there, but Piercia is a land without much perspective, and this late in the game it become less and less interesting for playres to join.

Comment

• And are we just going to sit here while Maya does the same thing?

This stinks, and I thought we had learnt the lesson of not ignoring complains and just carrying on. Or is the truth it just depends whether you are one of the inner crowd or not.

Comment

• Rome: the game was paused and we talked about the Maya thing.
                              The game resumed when everybody (who spoke up) agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome View Post
                                And are we just going to sit here while Maya does the same thing?

This stinks, and I thought we had learnt the lesson of not ignoring complains and just carrying on. Or is the truth it just depends whether you are one of the inner crowd or not.

Its hard not to ignor complaints when ppl like the celts and america are either days, some times weeks, late to say anything. Are we suposed to just pause the game until they feel like saying anything? In my opinion if they really felt so strong about what was going on they would speak up when there is still something that can be done not days or weeks after the fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X