This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joking aside...

The decision to propose this now, the way I did, was to get it passed... and get it passed before weaker civs fall into a technological black hole.

By making a flat out proposal to be voted on, in the story thread, I hoped to avoid the EXACT situation which is happening now. Everyone arguing and debating, and counter-proposing, and coming up with new ideas, and theories.

Ozzy had a good point, and i adopted it. That however opened the pandoras box of everyone having their own version of what is most "fair". Many good ideas... perhaps someone should have brought them up before.

It is really quite simple.... if you don't like the proposal as I have it, vote against it.

The idea of making the proposal in the story thread is that it made it more interesting. Truth be told... i don't expect to get alot of diplo votes as a result of this, nor am I "hard up for votes" as i have joked around about. My PM to qualifying nations was to alert them to the vote as many players have openly admitted not to reading others story posts.

If we want to prohibit the discussion of vouchers and trade rights in the story thread because it is a game mechanic then I think we should also ban story postings of any graphs or game generated assessments.

At any rate, I am surprised at the amount of opposition considering this benefits players who need it and doesn't harm anyone.

For the sake of argument, I would like to address a few comments directly...

People who have been saving their tech vouchers should not get more tech vouchers because they are lower in the list.
    On the contrary, why should nations who have sacrificed position on the score chart by not blowing all their vouchers at the first opportunity be discriminated against? I don't think there is ANY way to quantify how much a voucher is worth, due to advantages that could have been gained earlier if someone was more liberal with their voucher spending. The bottom line here is that some nations need a boost, and we will NEVER come up with a 100% fair way to quantify who should get what.

Khmer saying that the Piercians should be allowed to double move against Rome because they're losing the war anyway, and then get military or diplo votes?
    I think you are stretching a bit here. My proposal address a universal issue, and benefits no single nation in particular. As mentioned above, if we are going to draw lines about what is OOC and what is IC then I think SEVERAL things need to be re-thought out. Players blend the line all the time, and personally I think I presented this in a very tactful manner.

I like the idea of the 'voltans' instead of 'vouchers'.
    I like the name (of course) but as i mentioned earlier it would hard to enforce.

- It should be a one-time things, we're not going to do it again in 100 turns.
    We may want to up the bonus then. If I knew it wouldn't complicate things further I would even suggest starting with the Vikings vouchers are given out backwards (ie. Vikings get 1 next weakest gets 2, next gets 3, etc...). Come modern age, even with some sort of boost now, there will be gross tech gaps between the strongest and the weakest. For this reason I actually really like Rome's latest suggestion... but it would have to be simplified.

Comment

• So do i got more vouchers or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
        So do i got more vouchers or what?
        Patience Grasshopper, patience...the discussion is still on going.

Sorry for the interruption, please carry on.

Comment

• I think you are stretching a bit here.

Oh yeah, that was the biggest stretch ever I have to admit that
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Just a heads up, I probably won't be available to play for this weekend (about 3-4 turns). My civ's on auto right now, nothing major is likely to happen for at least 10 turns.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Sparta beautiful screen shots and stories.

Comment

• Why do we make things so hard for eachother? Lets go with Maya's voucher plans and move on with the game. I have things that need get done you know

Comment

• Do the Vikings ever plan on posting anything? I'd hate to see them die off like the Inca...or would I????

Comment

• What's the apolyton name of the Vikings? Marcus, right?
                    Is he reading his pitboss PM?

Comment

• He might be reading them but he hasn't replied :-( but maybe he just doesn't like me.

Comment

• Able to get in. May have been a problem connecting to GoJong
                        Last edited by Pitboss Celts; January 31, 2009, 14:15.

Comment

• Well, it is 1480. The deadline for voting on my voucher help plan is here.

So far we have 5-6 nations for it, and none against it.

Unless anyone objects today I would assume it has been implemented and people can make appropriate voucher tally adjustments in the Tech Trade Thread.

Comment

• Yes, we just must agree on the details.
                            You have read everyone's comments, maybe you can suggest a final construction, Maya?

Comment

• Even though I'm the one who started the quibbling, I think Maya is right that if we don't cut it off at some point it'll continue forever. I'm ok with moving forward with this by the end of the day based on the last posted details of plan.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• You can tell month end is here from the story thread.

Also - after much consideration, the HRE concurs with the Mayan plan for voltans, and thanks them for their ingeniuty and efforts in this regard.

Comment

Working...
                                X