X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank goodness it is almost done. I thought it would never end

Comment

• For clearity reasons I suggest that Maya just posts the final plan here.
      We all agree, unless there are really good reasons to not agree. (so small details are not good reasons!)
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• maybe you can suggest a final construction, Maya?
        Ok, I revamped the breakdown...

1 - Vikings 623
        1 - Persia 618
        1 - Russia 613
        1 - HRE 608
        2 - Natives 586
        3 - America 558
        3 - Celtia 557
        4 - Korea 544
        4 - England 511
        4 - Japan 468

I tried to take into account the number of cities of the nations, and future growth potential, not just the raw score when decided where to draw the "lines". I am sure there are hundreds of arguments that could be made for why the lines should be drawn elsewhere, but as Ozzy reaffirmed... we could argue about this forever.

I felt Korea, England, and Japan needed a few extra since my last proposal, due to reasons listed above. The goal here is not to make everyone equal, but to keep the lowest from becoming completely non-relevant.

Most people like the idea that these be non-tradeable "voltans" instead of pure vouchers. I would back this, but we would have to do the honor system considering the complexities of tracking it (cyber, feel free to try tracking it if you want).

Last but not least, the understanding here is that with the liberal grants, especially at the bottom of the list, we will not be handing out more vouchers in the future. One trigger I will simply mention now is that we may want to implement a variation on Rome's suggestion where all civs are allowed to receive techs from periods below the industrial age once one civ makes it to the modern age. Again... just throwing this out now as food for thought.

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• agree

Comment

• don't know if cyber knows or not but civstats is down and the game might be too.

Comment

• Maya, can you check your diplo messages please.

tidings

Comment

• Neither the game nor civstats is down, thanks Japan.

Comment

• Voting for January started!

Please cast votes for 3 categories, 3 picks per category.
                    Send them per mail to the vote mailbox.

Vote only for stories in the January Story Thread

Voting rules and instructions can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost....08&postcount=1

People who don't vote won't be able to receive votes!
                    Russia has a sub player and won't vote!!!
                    Inca can't receive any votes.

Vote for civs that did best. Don't vote for allies and friends.

The password for the vote mailbox will be disclosed at the end of the game and everybody will be able to evaluate all votes!

Comment

• Voting ends on February 8th

Comment

• If Voltans are non-tradeable, how are small civs supposed to use them to get tech?
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• You can use 1 voltan to get 1 tech.
                          You can't give a voltan to another civ for any other reason.

Comment

• Maya, can you check your diplo messages please.
                            Please send all messages to my apolymail in the form of a PM. I don't know how to login to my civstats account, and I only login to my plomp.eu account once a month to vote.

Anyone who wants to message me... please use apolyton PM.

If Voltans are non-tradeable, how are small civs supposed to use them to get tech?
                            Clairification: Voltans cannot be traded for anything but tech.

Comment

• I am back, even though the finger is not fully healed, but it functioning back to a more normal level than before.

Comment

• Welcome back! The world has chanced.

Comment

Working...
                                X