"Diplomacy I" Planning Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question?
    you've given two leader to Iran. I assume those leaders are tied to the Persian civ, but from sometime during the last 100 years?
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

The two leaders for Iran are Ayatolla Khomeini and President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

ahmedinejad? wow. interesting choice. he certainly put them on the map again. and the ayatollah? oy veh!

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst View Post
          ahmedinejad? wow. interesting choice. he certainly put them on the map again. and the ayatollah? oy veh!
          Oy vei! Indeed!

Well, basically I use the materials that are available, and those were the only Iranian leaders there were. Plus they are really good LHs, so that helped the choice as well. I was trying to go for a more modern feel with them as well (their UU is the Pasadaran, or Revolutionary Guard/Corps depending on what country you are from). Plus in my mod I gave both Persian leaders are Zoroastrian lean (as far as their favorite religion goes) and these two obviously favor Islam, so that was another reason I made Iran.
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

hmmm. I assumed that Persia and Iran were the same, just with more leaders. It is a bit of a debate whether the Persian ancient empire is in any way related to the Iranian Islamic Republic, but saying that they are not, would be similar to making new civs for modern greece vs ancient greece, and italy vs ancient rome. the civs have changed drastically, but still inhabit the same core area and speak the same (though modernized) language.

I've read some Persian/Iranian history and there are numerous leaders that would be interesting, though likely none as vocal as the ones you've chosen. Especially in the 1900's during the rule of the Shah (King). It was in this time (i think around 1930) that Persia became known as Iran. The shah announced that Iran (meaning land of the Aryans) would be used in official purposes, though Iran and Persia could be used interchangeably. The language currently spoken in Iran is Persian, so a division seems slightly unnatural to me. (this is according to memory, so maybe a bit off on some details)

Is it not possible for leaders of the same civ to prefer different religions? IE Cyrus favor Zoroastrianism and Khomeini would favor Islam, yet both would be leaders for the Persian civ. Is that difficult technically? Cause I feel it a bit unnatural to split Iran and Persia.

Comment

Is this game progressing?

Comment

Working...
              X