No announcement yet.

"Diplomacy I" Planning Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: "Diplomacy I" Planning Thread...

Originally posted by Beta
    And game speed? Or with this being a diplo game, is that a silly question?
    Well I think there was talk of actually doing standard speed for this game. But these are all issues we are gonig to discuss. I just want to get the final roster finalized. first.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

-Zoroastrianism; is an ancient Persian, monotheistic, religion based on the teachings of Zoroaster.

Zoroastrianism isn't monotheistic, it's bitheistic, it has two gods, one good one and one evil one.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I've only taken two religious philosophy courses, but I was pretty sure that there was one creator god and then the "principle of destruction" that is sometimes personified, but I didn't think they thought of that as a god itself.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Well, it's a debate among theologians
          Like some saying that christianity isn't a monotheistic religion, or even judaism not being monotheistic.

Factually seen only Islam is monothestic.
          Judaism, and also christianity, recognize other (lesser) gods.

Comment

Thanks TC for the explanations! And the handy-dandy guide for loading the mod!

I have a strong PC so should not be a problem for me.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Both Module Pack I and the Americas have been recently updated. So you might want to download them again to get the latest versions.

Module Pack II, which has the Aussies in it, should be out within the week. And I am still hoping that Deity will choose them as a civ.

One Love.

Comment

Thanks TC.

Downloaded the mod and it runs smoothly.

Downloaded both module packs and loaded the Phoenicians. They came up no problem in a SP game.

Next question - nothing to stop one from loading all the new civs into the mod?? One by one of course, as you have described.

Looking forward to this game!
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

And Christianity is monotheistic!!??

So that's why I never fully got it. I've always been tuned to stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                    Well, it's a debate among theologians
                    Like some saying that christianity isn't a monotheistic religion, or even judaism not being monotheistic.

Factually seen only Islam is monothestic.
                    Judaism, and also christianity, recognize other (lesser) gods.
                    I could see a case being made that Christianity isn't monotheistic because of the Holy Trinity, prayers to the Virgin Mary and Saints (although Christians would say the Trinity is 3 manifestations of the One True God and the Saints and Virgin Mary are holy servants of God but not divine).

But since Islam recognizes the Old Testament as the word of God and the Koran as a sort of second testament the least you could possibly say is they are both Monotheistic and if anything Judaism is more Monotheistic than Islam.

Comment

@Beta: I made a case for christianity not being monotheistic in the true sence :P

@Deity Dude: no, christiniaty is not polytheistic b/c of the trinity. And only catholics pray to mary/saints.

My case for christianity being polytheistic is because the Bible recognizes other gods, like Baal, Astarthe, etc. According to the original reading of Deut 32:8 God divided the nations among the gods (angels).

other gods are (imho) angels who were put by God at the head of a nation, who started their own cult, in the Bible.

Islam doesn't recognize the Old Testament. It recognizes Moses and the Gospels, but says that the Old Testament is a corrupted version of the real Moses, and the New Testamentical gospels are a corruption of the real gospels. The real Moses and the real Gospel are exactly like the Quran.

Comment

@Beta: I made a case for christianity not being monotheistic in the true sence :P
                        @ CS. Guess you missed my intended joke.

Comment

Got the joke, but since it was made on false grounds I had to correct you
                          Ok, it was lame to do that

Comment

Comment

@ Beta: You can put any combination of the modules in that you want, you can have one in, or you can have all ten in. It doesn't matter. The game may lag though if you put them all in, but that depends on how good your computer is.

Once the holidays are officially over with we can start really planning this game, but for now I wanted to get your opinion on something; particularly from the Aussies. The following are two images of the the Aussie-flavored cavalry unit that is going to appear in the module. I have two different flags. One has the southern cross and the other just the commonwealth star. Which one do you think is better?

OR

If you are not Australian feel free to chime in as well, I have buttons for both so that isn't an issue either. I know this isn't a huge deal, but its something to talk about while we wait. Something other than religion.

One Love.

Comment

My case for christianity being polytheistic is because the Bible recognizes other gods, like Baal, Astarthe, etc. According to the original reading of Deut 32:8 God divided the nations among the gods (angels).

other gods are (imho) angels who were put by God at the head of a nation, who started their own cult, in the Bible.
                                This discussion probably belongs in off-topic but you misquoted Deut 32:8

"When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel. "

It does go on to say that some of the nations were evil and worshiped false gods, but one constant theme in the Old Testament is that there is only true God.

As for angels - they are not God but servants of God. They are created by him. In fact that is why Satan was banished to hell, because he challenged God's authority/exclusivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X