No announcement yet.

"Diplomacy I" Planning Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, let's not talk about this anymore. Its pointless anyway. Any thoughts on the Aussie flag situation?
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude

This discussion probably belongs in off-topic but you misquoted Deut 32:8

"When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel. "

It does go on to say that some of the nations were evil and worshiped false gods, but one constant theme in the Old Testament is that there is only true God.

As for angels - they are not God but servants of God. They are created by him. In fact that is why Satan was banished to hell, because he challenged God's authority/exclusivity.
      It's not a misquote.
      The text in 'our' Bibles is based on a wrong text.
      It should not read 'bene israel' but 'ene el' (sons of Israel / sons of God)
      The LXX (Septuaguint) and the dead sea scrolls both support the 'bene el' text, and they predate 'our' text by about 1200 years.

Not to mention that it doesn't make any sence to divide the nations based on the numbers of the sons of Israel. Nor for logical reasons, nor for numberic reasons. There are much more peoples then sons of Israel. (THe Bible recognizes 60, I think)
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo
        Alright, let's not talk about this anymore. Its pointless anyway. Any thoughts on the Aussie flag situation?
        Nice try Capo. I think CS is like a dog with a bone on this one.

As to the flag - I like the southern cross version - but I agree - it should be those OTHER colonials who make the call.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'll be good now!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

The MAIN POINT of the new religions is to provide different cultures with reilgions that match theirs more, and give the players a wider range of faiths to roleplay into their civs. That's the main idea. This way, for instance, the Mayans could have founded the "Toltec Religion" and it would be more appropriate than founding Taoism for example.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I'd like the Southen Cross with the Aboriginal Sun/Flag where the Union Jack is.
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

While that would be cool, I'm only doing the bicolor flags like the regular game has. So basically its only one symbol on a single colored flag. If you want to download this stuff and play as Australia I suppose I could make a flag like that for you specifically, because I'm such a nice guy...

One Love.

Comment

Got all new civs loaded so I can check them out.

TC - question. Just out of curiosity, why the big discrepancy in size between the different civ modules. For example - in Module Pack 1, Hungary was 50.5mb, Phoenicia was 30.7, Nubia 11.4, and Hungary 11.1. Does it have to do with how much you could use of an existing civ and how much you had to make up from scratch?
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                    Got all new civs loaded so I can check them out.

TC - question. Just out of curiosity, why the big discrepancy in size between the different civ modules. For example - in Module Pack 1, Hungary was 50.5mb, Phoenicia was 30.7, Nubia 11.4, and Hungary 11.1. Does it have to do with how much you could use of an existing civ and how much you had to make up from scratch?
                    I don't know, probably.

One Love.

Comment

I have been spending some time studying the mod. Truly impressive!!!

And holy Crapo (pardon the pun), there are, count them, 109 leader choices!!!!

That's up from the 52 in the stock BTS game (as I count them).

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                        And holy Crapo (pardon the pun), there are, count them, 109 leader choices!!!!

That's up from the 52 in the stock BTS game (as I count them).
                        That must be including the modules, because I added around 32 to the original mod. And as I said before, you can remove the modules at your leisure, so if you are getting too many customized civs in your game you can take some out. I made them modular because mods like Civ Gold and Rise of Mankind just had too many custom civs for my tastes. I like them, obviously because I made some, but I don't like a game with seven civs that has civs like Chile, Aboriginies, Harappan, Maghreb, Polynesia, Mande, and Wales. You know what I mean?

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo

That must be including the modules, because I added around 32 to the original mod. And as I said before, you can remove the modules at your leisure, so if you are getting too many customized civs in your game you can take some out. I made them modular because mods like Civ Gold and Rise of Mankind just had too many custom civs for my tastes. I like them, obviously because I made some, but I don't like a game with seven civs that has civs like Chile, Aboriginies, Harappan, Maghreb, Polynesia, Mande, and Wales. You know what I mean?
                          Understood. But the 109 is what I got from adding in the civs in the two module packs, plus the extra leaders for the existing civs. So the civs you mention here are NOT in the list of 109, as far as I can figure.

I went back and recounted. Here is how I get the 109.

Basic BTS game: 52 leaders

Diplomacy Mod added the following additional leaders:

America 1
                          Arabia 2
                          Aztec 1
                          Babylon 2
                          Byzantine 2
                          Carthage 1
                          China 1
                          Dutch 2
                          Egypt 2
                          English 1
                          Ethiopia 1
                          German 1
                          Holy Roman Empire 1
                          Inca 1
                          India 1
                          Japan 2
                          Khmer 1
                          Korea 1
                          Mali 1
                          Mayan 1
                          North American Natives (now the Sioux) 1
                          Portugal 1
                          Rome 2
                          Russia 1
                          Spain 2
                          Sumeria 1
                          Viking 1
                          Zulu 1

And two new civs:
                          Iroquois 2
                          Israeli 3

TOTAL:40

Module Pack One:
                          Hungary 2
                          Nubia 1
                          Phoenicia 2
                          Teutons 1

TOTAL: 6

Module Pack Americas
                          Argentina 2
                          Brazil 1
                          Canada 2
                          Cuba 2
                          Gran Colombia 2
                          Mexico 2
                          TOTAL: 11

52 + 40 + 6 + 11 = 109.

Comment

Its actually 108 because Constantine is available for both Rome and the Byzantines.

And the next module pack, which should be ready shortly has the following:

Australia 2
                            Congo 1
                            Vietnam 2
                            Minoans 1
                            Iran 2
                            Songhai 1

So that brings it to 117

One Love.

Comment

Oh yeah, and the Europe module pack is going to have 14 new civs, I'm not sure how may leaders there will be but there will be a good amount.

One Love.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X