Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] . PART 3 (October)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have sent everyone an invitation to the event of the Diplo game. Please check your Pitboss email address so that you have received an invite. If you have not received one please leave me a note. I am just so happy for everyone to share in the love between Marco and I. I will be extremely happy for everyone to show up on this joyous occasion.

I have sent the invitations out a few weeks ago and so far only celts have said they were coming so I will only have this open to those on my continent to come by this Wednesday, since the wedding will e held in one weeks time. The reason for this is that the wedding is being held in the Portuguese capital and services will be going from Madrid will be leaving then. Those on the other continent will have until Friday to show they are coming since it is a much shorter journey.

Unfortunately I have not been able to meet everyone so far, since I have had trouble fighting against barbs that caused my expansion to be stifled and only now I am starting to get back to were I should be. So if you see either an axeman or a chariot entering your lands it is just simply that they are trying to met the rest of our nations on this continent. Apologies for not doing this earlier, but our hand were pretty much full and only recently have they been untied. They mean you no harm.

Comment

Dear Isabella,

I am happy to hear that preparations are going well. Our closest friend Chief Tarhe leader of the Wyandot civilization will personally be attending our wedding. He has accepted to be my best man for this great occasion. Due to the great gathering at the city of Meeting, many other foreign leaders seem to have no time to honor our union. I am not offended by all of this and you shouldn’t be too my dear Isabella. Maybe after that meeting event, some will send their envoys to congratulate us.

Please send my greetings to the Celtic people; we look forward to meeting them!

The time is near when Spain and Portugal will become one!
      Last edited by Pitboss Portugal; October 3, 2008, 09:52.

Comment

Kenshin was growing impatient. He wanted a larger

army to both defend Japan’s cities and go on the

offensive against the enemies of Japan. He had no

power to do this for the main power of government was

with the Emperor and the Imperial Court. The only way

he could attain the power he wanted was to kill all the

members of the Imperial Court. So he staged a massive

revolt in all the cities. He did not want anything to

happen to Annei so he stayed in Osaka to protect him.

The next morning after the announcement was made

about the newest Japanese city to join the empire the

revolt started. The entire empire blow up in an uproar,

fighting broke out throughout the land, and in confusion

Kenshin’s ninja assassins killed the members of the

Imperial Court. So that it looked like he was not the one

involved he had the ninja dress up as Oldonian soldiers

and staged a fake attempt on the Emperor’s life. The

plan was a success, the fake attempt to kill the Emperor

went off as planned and placed a sense of fear in

Annei’s heart.

By the next day the revolt was over and order was

restored. Other then the deaths of all the Imperial

Court members the casualties were minimal. Only a few

citizens died and the rest had a few scratches and

broken bones. When news came to the emperor he

wondered why the Oldonaians would do this to them.

Japan had done nothing to them recently yet it was

apparent they wished for the death of Japan.

Kenshin then walked in with the rest of the reports.

My lord it has been confirmed that the attackers were

from the Oldonian lands.
        He then handed Annei an

article of clothing one of the attackers was wearing. The

clothing had been stolen from by Kenshin’s ninja prior to

the attack. It seems this was a preemptive attack,

Kenshin told Annei.

They have always feared our expanding and it

seems that after they found out the Natives gave us

the peninsula along with the barbarian city they

captured, the Oldonians grew worried. I believe it is

possible they will strike again now that our government

has weakened a little and they might even attempt to

kill you again. We cannot let this action be unpunished

but without an army we cannot do anything. Please my

lord, please grant me the power to place the empire on

a temporary police state. We will use this tragedy to

produce troops at a fasted pace please my lord there is

little time to waist.

Annei stood there holding the Oldonaian clothing

remembering the “Oldonaian” attacker. He then looked

at Kenshin and said, The power you

have requested is yours. Build me an army to better

defend Japan then another to go on the offensive

against those who threaten Japan’s very existence. But

we will not go to war against the Oldonaians, not until

an investigation is completed and there is proof that

they were the ones behind it. For not close all lines of

communication with them if they are truly responsible

we cannot allow them to fool us with their lies not let

them enter Japanese lands.
        As you wish

my lord.
        Kenshin then turned to the other city

leaders who were all in Osaka and said, Let it be

known throughout our lands. Japan will be place under

Police state. All who are able to fight are to report to

camp for training. All others will help build the weapons

our troops will need. This is the order of the Shogun

and the great Emperor of Japan.

Comment

Anaximander answered Asiz: "Sparta is a union of 3 city states, Sparta, Athens, Corinth. In our early days we were united by Lacedaemon the Great.

Our city states are all very different. Sparta, our main city, is known for it's production. It has brought forth many soldiers and buildings. Athens is known as the city of wisdom. There's an Academy and a library and even some great scientists are working there. It is expected that another great scientist will settle soon in Athens as well.
          Corinth is our financial head quarter. Many of it's citizen work in cottages and towns surrounding the city.

Our nation is lead by Alcetas, son of Alexander, King of Sparta.
          Recently slavery was forbidden by Alcetas. To please the former slave-owners Alcetas created some form of higher and lower citizen. Some name it our 'caste system'. The former slave holders and soldiers are the higher citizens. The lower citizens are the former slaves. The only way they can become higher citizen is if they focus on science, merchandising or become artists. This new system brought peace to our kingdom.

Alcetas claimed to throne because he was the son of Alexander, our former leader. Alcetas has vowed that his children will sit on the throne of Sparta forever.

Since the union of Sparta, Athens and Corinth, many other Spartan cities have been created. most are still developing, though some, like Thebes and Argos are quite developed already. Argos is known as our harbour and Thebes is known as our source for Iron and Silver."

Then Anaximander handed another proposal to Asiz, written by Alcetas himself. While he said: "I'm sorry for taking no rest in your city, but we have orders to hurry to meeting as soon as possible. Not to mention that we, Sparta, are not easily tired. Biggest part of our journey till now was aboard of one of our galleys. It was quite relaxed, to have nothing to do except rowing the galley"

[ooc: check pm for Alcetas' letter]

Then Anaximander asked Asiz: and how are things in Persia?

Comment

To: All Nations who read this message.
            From: Robert the Plump on behalf of Alexander Nicholas Anthony Mcfungal, Crown Prince of the English Happy Funland

Please pass this message on to all nations whom you have met. The preparations for the Hastings Conference are in hand and we expect to be able to start within 3 cycles of our world. (OOC - Turn 200)

All who attend with a greeting of peace shall be welcomed and the meeting shall proceed according to the following schedule. We have ordered the presentation of discussion topics according to the power of each nation in reverse order (OOC - See the score list).

Agenda for the First Hastings Conference:
            • Introductions and Greetings.
            • Discussion of sanctions and punishments (if any) against the Metalhead Nation for their un-provoked attack on Prague.
            • Discussion of border agreements and settling rights for all parties concerned.
            • Topics raised by: The Funglish Dominion
            • Topics raised by: The Holy Roman Empire
            • Topics raised by: The Metalhead Nation
            • Topics raised by: The Khmer Empire
            • Topics raised by: any other attending nations. (OOC - Hint, hint, Celts, Americans, Spanish, and Incans)

OOC - Ideally, everyone will be able to meet on the PolyChat IRC server. That way we can have a real-time anon chat. PM me if you have any preference of time (sometime on Sunday is probably best). If we do choose this route, logs will be kept, and anyone would be allowed to view the chat, but only attendees (those who post as such in the story thread) will be allowed to say anything, with the understanding that they'll send a unit to Hastings ASAP.
            EDIT: Ozzy has told me that Monday may be better than Sunday, particularly around Midnight BST (11PM GMT/UTC)
            Last edited by MMC; October 3, 2008, 18:11.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

The king sat and listened to the report. Japan was building a huige army to attack Oldonia with.

The king sighed, he knew this was not good news.

Wars only lead to death and destruction. It seemed that the new Japanese leader was no different than the ancient ones. All Japan ever wanted was war, they never talk diplomacy, they never negotiate. It would seem that some of the world leaders still did not know the meaning of the word DIPLOmoacy.

To some war and destruction was all they sought. After trying so hard for thousands of years. Oldonia still had no friends in the world. Thy were the loners.

It was time to make choices and the choices did not seem to be in any way good for Oldonia.

Never never again was the thoguhts that went through the Oldonian leaders head.

Comment

To all the World Leaders

From Robbie King of Oldonia

My fellow leaders of the nations of this world. It has come to my attention that the Japanese are on the path of was agaisnt my people. This is an unprovoked barbaric action. The Oldonian people have never attacked a single nation ever, we have only ever responded to attacks on our own people. We are a peace loving nation that has only ever attempted to make friends in the world.

Despite our efforts to make friends, we have no allys in this world. This makes us feel unsafe and alone.

We realise that without help our nation will not survive intact any invasion.

Fields will be destroyed, mines collapsed. Food and luxuries stolen. Worse, soldiers will die, civilians will be murdered. Territory stolen.

We call upon the world to apply pressure to the Japanese to change their coure of action. No nation should be allowed to make war with others. The world must unite now.

In both continents on this planet their are meetings scheduled for great discussions.

Well lets forget the talk and show some action.

If the world stands for peace then show it now by pressuring the Japanese to stop their planned attacks. If they do attack we call upon the world to act and to provide aid to the nation of Oldonia.

We ask this in the name of the women and children.

So lets see what the world wants. Is it peace or is war.

Does the world want 18 nations pushing to form a global village, or jsut 17.

Robbie , King of Oldonia

Comment

To: Robbie King of Oldonia

My dear friend, the Wyandot people have been following the Japanese accusations towards our good friends the Oldonian people.

Of course, the entire notion of Oldonia being involved in the overthrow of the Japanese government is totally untrue and quite frankly, down right laughable.

I have sent a strongly worded missive to the Japanese leader concerning their latest accusations (I have sent a copy to you as well King Robbie).

The Wyandot people have gone out of their way to assist the Japanese - including the gifting of an entire city ... and the Japanese response? False accusations against our close neighbors, the Oldonians. This the Wyandot will NOT stand for.

If this Japanese aggression continues, then the Wyandot sees no other choice but to take back the city that has been gifted to the Japanese.

OCC: (Yes, you can call this "Indian-Giving" since, well, we are the Native Americans after all - does the Japanese REALLY want to go down that road?)

Comment

OOC. ok for the last time i just needed a creative way to tell why i switched to police state. besides I closed borders with the vikings so they shouls have never heard of the conversation to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                      OOC. ok for the last time i just needed a creative way to tell why i switched to police state. besides I closed borders with the vikings so they shouls have never heard of the conversation to begin with.
                      Spies spies are everyewhere

Comment

As new friends and trade partners of the Oldonian people, the Mayans pledge action against Japan if they follow through with their attack plans.

- Mel Gibson of the Maya

Comment

The Oldonian finance corporation had long meetings through the night all week. They disucssed ways of financing a war.

Agreements were put in palce with foriegn powers to garner support now with payments to processed at conclusion of war.

King Robbie smiled as he saw the plans. If this works he thought, i will go down in history as the man who saved Oldonia.

It was his last thoughts as he passed peacefully in his sleep.

His son Mitchel took the throne in his place. King Mitchel became the youget ruler in Oldonian history he was only 12 at the time o f his fathers death.

The King is Dead , long live the King.

Comment

To the Empress of Spain and to the King of Portugul

Centuries ago we recieved an invitation to the wedding event of your leaders. We journeyed thousands of miles to attend and took great gifts from our people to you.

We now receive another letter from you stating that the wedding hasnt occured and you are feeling miffed that we havent repsonded.

We bring to your attention our written response to you centuries ago and the fact that our forefathers centuries ago did attend the wedding, but somehow it has slipped the minds of your nations.

If the new wedding invitation is a new wedding for descendants of your ancient leaders then we were confused by the similar names to your ancestors.

If this is a new wedding, we will of course attend.

So congratulations to you both if this is new, or if it is a repaeat of an ancient event that occured long ago, then perhaps we are simply celebrating the anniversary of the event.

Mitchel, King of the Oldonian Realm

Comment

Actually, I personally am heading out to the wedding at this time. GODS! I hope that I am not late, since I AM the "Best Man" for the occasion and with that responsibility, I also hold the Wedding Band. I am thinking that the wedding would be rather stilted without the entire procedure going off as scheduled.

Lord Marco, I am on my way via my northern city, swinging down to your newest city that we have just connected to our nation....please tell me that there is a comfortable and smooth road between that city and your Capital. :desire:

Chief Tarhe of the Wyandot Nation

Comment

(ooc) ok it may jsut be me, but some of the stories are getting so out of time with the game that it just isnt funny.

I dont mind people posting about meetings and the post storys g on for a week only becasue it is referring to a specific time in the game.

so far most of the stories have moved on and been rolepalyed as they occured in the past not con current with turn move.

But this wedding was announced long ago, it was attended by my nation in my posts, but now the story is going round again and story wise being compared to people going to The city Of Meeting or City of Hastings on other continent.

People all these stories must interrelate. we are not playing our own game here.

If you post a story about an event it has a time period to occur in ..

The wedding either was announced centuries before the birth of the current leaders and citizens in hte game or it is a new wedding invite. If it a new wedding then post it aas such in story and dont allude to some nations not attending but rasther are attending the other meetings.

We will all follow what ever storys are posted and will roleplay along with you , but dont forget the in game timeline .

It probably just my opinion and no one else cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X