No announcement yet.

"Second Chance at Empire" a modern age Diplo Pitboss game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option A would need to be made from scratch. Option B has many available maps we could tweak for our purposes. I like working on maps, but starting from scratch on something is a big project.

So I vote for option B.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
      Option A would need to be made from scratch. Option B has many available maps we could tweak for our purposes. I like working on maps, but starting from scratch on something is a big project.

So I vote for option B.
      Not necessarily. We could use a northern hemisphere map.

link to first one google threw out

There are also several North Atlantic Maps

example

I'm sure we can convince the Portuguese to build New Brazil somewhere else.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Also what if we use the Giant Earth Map ?
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus Which civ would you like to play? (I assume Russia would be your first pick?).

Originally posted by Heraclitus I think keeping the UB's would be best, unless you have any specific recommendations.
          I'm no expert in playing games with custom Civs, but what would Polish or EEU or NEU UB be?
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

This game sounds like some thing from a sci. fi book.

Comment

Is there an echo in here?
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Danny.P.O
                This game sounds like some thing from a sci. fi book.
                Is that a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by onodera

I'm no expert in playing games with custom Civs, but what would Polish or EEU or NEU UB be?
                  I was thinking of:

Eastern EU as either: Byzantium or Holy Roman Empire

Poland = I'm sure there is a Polish civ already made in some mod if not we could perhaps rename the Celts

Israel = Babylon? Carthage? Israel civ from some mod?

Switzerland = Don't know maybe they should be the HRE.

Ireland= Maybe make it part of the Benelux? (a remnant of the Western part of the EU. Benelux= Holland) If we choose a big map they should be independent and should be a renamed Celtic civ. Maybe add a Free Scotland to them too.

NEU= Vikings, I think they get a better harbor
                  I was also thinking of perhaps adding Iceland and Norway to NEU and just calling it the Nordic Alliance or Union.

Greece= Greece
                  Russia=Russia
                  Arabs=Arabs
                  Turkey= Ottomans
                  USA= America
                  Italy= Rome (even though they don't really deserve it )
                  Kurdistan= Persia/Babylon/Sumeria

United African States or whatever= Mail
                  New New Mexico/Caribbean federation or whatever= I don't know maybe Carthage?

All the flags will be changed to the proper modern flags. This goes for France, Britain, Russia, ect. the EEU will also get the EU flag. I'm not sure on what NEU should get.

BTW Would it be better to merge Poland and the Baltic states and maybe add Greece to the EEU?

Also what would you prefer a global map with a less detailed Europe or a more detailed Europe without large Chunks of South America, Africa and the Far east?

Comment

I must say the Gian Earth Map would be Awesome! But has anyone had any experience with that map? How much pressure would it put on our machines?

Too bad we can't just cut out the lands I proposed out of this map and use them.

Comment

I claim Israel.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

If you haven't guessed, I claim England (as usual) :P
                        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
                          If you haven't guessed, I claim England (as usual) :P
                          You will have to be Gordon Brown (but you can elect someone lese after his turn is up or when he dies) is that ok?

Also the last time I checked its the United Kingdom, but if you want we can Free England from Scottish tyranny.

Comment

Also guys, please post your opinions on the maps & civs.

Comment

Well I assume you want every country to be human-controlled, which means you will need to say how many people you want playing.

Secondly, if you want to really call it second chance at Empire I would REMOVE any "colonial" ties still had by the mother countries. For instance I would place America and Canada together, because from what I understand there aren't going to be many of them left around anyway so considering the tragic loss of so many people and the linguistic/cultural similarities (and taking into consideration any other disasters that occured) it would be better to throw these two together that way you dont' have to deal with having two countries (instead just one) and you give Britain a chance to regain their colonial possessions (thus a second chance at Empire) I would do the same with Portugal/Brazil (not have Portugal own any part of Brazil that is) and same with Austraila and South Africa and all of that, I know they aren't owned by Britain but I would just have all bets off. If it is a second chance at Empire make them fight for it. That said I would disband the EU as we know it, and if you want to make a new EU I would make it include Portugal, Italy, Greece, Poland, Ireland (I would say Spain too but I think you should leave them as their own country because they were once a colonial power).

I still kinda don't get what you want to do with the rest of the world but I'd make the European countries; (BTW assuming you have the whole Earth as a map)

Britain
                              Spain
                              Germany
                              Nordic Union (is that what you wanted to call it?)
                              Russian Federation
                              EU (Ireland, Portugal, Poland, Italy, Greece, Netherlands maybe Turkey, and I'd probably make one city to represent each of these countries)

Non Europe;

China
                              Japan
                              India
                              North Americans
                              Brazil
                              Australia
                              I'd have two different African countries (At least, maybe like sub-saharan area like Nigeria and such and then one near Uganda and that area)
                              And a second South American civ (Federacion de las Americas maybe?)

Then I'd throw a bunch of independents around. What you could even do with these is give some of them Nukes just to make them more of a danger to attack so its not so easy a task.

You might even want to add a post nuclear theme to it too, make certain areas full of fallout. I'd also back the date up a little bit, maybe 2030 or something.

But this is your baby, not mine, dress her up like you'd like.

Of course all of this would change if you made the map smaller.

Comment

Plus you could use the America Inc. flag for Canada/US which is a maple leaf with a US flag in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X