No announcement yet.

"Second Chance at Empire" a modern age Diplo Pitboss game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, if you go to ...BeyondtheSword/Assets/Art/Interface/Teamcolor/FlagDECAL_Europa.dds that will be your European flag.

You're welcome.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo
      In fact, if you go to ...BeyondtheSword/Assets/Art/Interface/Teamcolor/FlagDECAL_Europa.dds that will be your European flag.

You're welcome.
      Thanks didn't know this.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Anything for Dr. House.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Does anoyne know of any other huge Earth maps?

BTW Would a map of North Africa, Eastern USA, Western Asia Europe be better than the whole world?
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I was actually going to suggest a smaller-scaled map. Its kinda more realistic that way, I feel, for your purposes. Although I don't really know exactly what you are going for. So let me get this right, there are still people in other parts of the world they are just less advanced than Europe? Is that what is going on here?

Comment

I'm going to explain this one more time.

In 2009 the World dissapears leaving only Europ. Many European minorities (Arabs, Turks, Asians, Americans) leave Europe to rebuild their civilizations, the European countries encourage this since the pupet states these people form can be a basis for their claims to new and resource rich land (remember the world is as it would be if humans went extinct in 2000 BC)

Guys I have an very important exam on Friday, I'm putting my input into this project on hold until then. Feel free to discus it or even make plans without me.

Comment

How are Americans a EUropean mjinoryity?

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                  How are Americans a EUropean mjinoryity?

American military bases have a lot of personnel lots of American expats live in Europe and there where bound to be some US tourists in Europe at the time of the event.

Comment

Capo, you ever see 28 Weeks Later? The zombie movie? That started with the UK being entirely wiped out by zombies and the US military coming in to repatriate UK citizens who happened to be out of the country during the zombie attacks. So think of it like that. Trying to rebuild after 98% of your population vanishes. Getting help from some other countries to get on your feet.

Hera, maybe find people the link to that thread in the OT where this was first discussed.
                    Last edited by OzzyKP; August 30, 2008, 12:47.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ozzy, you're thinking of 28 Weeks later (the sequal to the much better 28 Days Later)
                      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Oh, when you said minority I thought you meant something else.

Comment

Theoretically, the Americans would be the minority, since they would not be the natives... However if you apply that to African immigrants in my local area, then you have a problem, because they appear to be a majority...
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
                            Theoretically, the Americans would be the minority, since they would not be the natives... However if you apply that to African immigrants in my local area, then you have a problem, because they appear to be a majority...

Yes but not a majority in the entire country.

Americans have low population, but that population is well armed and wealthy. This gets them one city with a wonder and an army to blackmail with or rent out their forces.

The poorer nations Africans/Arabs/ect. don't have these resources and own many settlers and workers stuck in Europe.

What does Europe do? Does it let them go? Does it declare war on the tiny civs and size the workers it needs? (remember Europe has expensive settlers, they could really use those)

Comment

Okay, sign me up. Let's see how much of a player I'll turn out to be.
                              Also, what about the UBs? I understand the UUs will be different settlers for everyone.
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                                Okay, sign me up. Let's see how much of a player I'll turn out to be.
                                Also, what about the UBs? I understand the UUs will be different settlers for everyone.
                                Good to hear that.

Which civ would you like to play? (I assume Russia would be your first pick?).

I think keeping the UB's would be best, unless you have any specific recommendations.

Also you will have to be a bit patient since I won't be getting any work done prior to this Friday (important exam).

People I need your opinion on what is better a map:

A.) with a detailed Europe that also has Western Asia (including ME and India), Northern Africa (north of the Kongo) most of North America (including Mexico), the Carribean and the upper half of Brazil

B.) World map that has a small Europe?

C.) Other

The first map has in my opinion the advantage of leaving less empty space that likely won't be filled also most of the civs that could be reborn out of European minorities are in that region.

Comment

Working...
                                X