Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww Razzy, c'mon. Don't be like that. Find me, I'll talk to you.

Comment

• Thanks Sparta.
      I hope that someone from the other continent can sub for Russia temporarily. Do we already know for sure who's on which continent?

Rasputin, I hope things are ok in your private life. If there's anything I can do to help you, pls let me know.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• so are the vikings still going to play?

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
          Thanks Sparta.
          I hope that someone from the other continent can sub for Russia temporarily. Do we already know for sure who's on which continent?

Rasputin, I hope things are ok in your private life. If there's anything I can do to help you, pls let me know.
          Contacting Krill would be better.

Since it would be unfair for another player in the game, even someone from another continent to have access to Russia's diplomatic mail.

Also you know who Russia is, so please contact them.

Comment

• Just only play the turns till Krill has been contacted.
            I'll contact Krill right now.

Comment

• you have created the largest civ in game and dont care about winning ??? this is strange
              Strange indeed!

Comment

• CyberShy why can't we know who was Russia before. Maybe some of us know that person personally and can contact him. I prefer a broken anon but with Russia back, then waiting for a ghost player to come back.

Comment

• First an errata on the score, England did indeed vote twice. gmail groups mails together, therefor the june vote of England was grouped with the July vote.

Unfortunately for England this change only resulted in the loss of 1 point for Russia. Both England and Russia shared the 12th position in the diplomacy list. Now England gained more votes it holds that 12th position alone and Russia now holds the 13th position.

Code:
                  		Story	Diplo	Mili	Score	Total	Voted
                  -------------------------------------------------------------
                  Persia		16	16	13	15	60	xx
                  Maya		11	14	18	16	59	xx
                  Rome		11	17	16	14	58	xx
                  Greece 		18	14	12	13	57	xx
                  Korea		17	18	16	5	56	xx
                  Vikings		14	14	17	4	49	xx
                  Khmer		9	11	11	17	48	xx
                  Metal		13	11	11	10	45	xx
                  Natives		9	15	11	7	42	xx
                  Russia		12	6	11	11	40	x
                  Portug		6	5	11	18	40
                  Japan		15	5	16	2	38	xx
                  Inca		6	5	11	12	34
                  Spain		6	8	11	8	33	xx
                  Celts		6	9	11	6	32	 x
                  America		6	5	11	9	31	 x
                  HRE		9	5	11	3	28	 x
                  England		6	7	11	1	25	xx
                  Regarding the identity of Russia: I'll look for his identity when I'm home tonight. (I'm at work right now).
                  If I don't know how to contact him I'll publish his identity here.

Comment

• Sounds good thanks.

Comment

• You get points per category based on your position in the scorelist for that category. Your position in the scorelist is based on the number of votes you got.

Players who didn't got any votes or lost their votes because they didn't cast votes themselves share the last position in a certain category.

If 8 players share that last position, then they all get 8 points.
                      If 17 players share that last position they all get 17 points.
                      If 2 players share that last position they all get 2 points.

Example:
                      Code:
                      Belgium		24 votes	1st position	18 points
                      Madagascar	21 votes	2nd position	17 points
                      Ireland		18 votes	3rd position	16 points (shared)
                      Canada		18 votes	3rd position	16 points (shared)
                      Mexico		16 votes	5th position	14 points
                      Australia	15 votes	6th position	13 points
                      New Zeeland	13 votes	7th position	12 points
                      Italy		9 votes		8th position	11 points
                      uganda		7 votes		9th position	10 points
                      South Africa	4 votes		10th position	9 points
                      Venezuela	1 votes		11th position	8 points
                      Indonesia	0 votes		12th position	7 points (shared)
                      Iran		0 votes		12th position	7 points (shared)
                      South Osetia*	0 votes		12th position	7 points (shared)
                      Mongolia	0 votes		12th position	7 points (shared)
                      Kosovo		0 votes		12th position	7 points (shared)
                      Saudi Arabia	0 votes		12th position	7 points (shared)
                      Luxembourgh	0 votes		12th position	7 points (shared)

*Only recognized by Russia.
                      When time proceeds less people will share positions and in the end (I hope) nobody will have 0 votes anymore.

Comment

• One last note: if you're in a bad position on the scorelist, it's far from impossible to get a better position next month!!

If you get a lot of votes your position in the 3 categories can get much better very easily. Remember that nobody can ever get more then 4 x 18 = 72 points!

But don't get too far behind in getting votes. When some players got over 100 votes and you still have nothing it's going to be pretty hard to keep up. right now nobody got more then 37 votes in any category and most players got no more then 10 votes in any category.

In the Story Category 13 players got no more then 10 votes
                        In the Diplo Category 15 players got no more then 10 votes
                        In the Military Category 16 players got no more then 10 votes

That means that if you gain more then 15 votes in the next categories in any of the category your star is going to rise quickly.
                        Remember that every player can cast 6 vote-points per voting round! (3, 2 and 1 vote-point)
                        That's 6x18 = 108 votes per category. You can gain max 18x3 votes = 54 votes per month. (if everyone votes for you in the #1 position)

Go for it!

Focus on the story thread (for all 3 categories) and make sure that you're recognizable. Make people want to read your posts there.

Defenitely nothing is lost if you're far behind.

Comment

Just only play the turns till Krill has been contacted.
                          I'll contact Krill right now.
                          "Play the turns"

Does that mean he will attack or should we both hold positions as we have so far?

I don't think it is wise for hostilities to resume until the new (potentially permanent player) arrives. He might want to arrange a peace with me, while another player from the game might just be interested in hurting me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal
                            CyberShy why can't we know who was Russia before. Maybe some of us know that person personally and can contact him. I prefer a broken anon but with Russia back, then waiting for a ghost player to come back.
                            I agree.

Comment

One last note: if you're in a bad position on the scorelist, it's far from impossible to get a better position next month!!

I think France in HOTW12 went from last place to second and America went from 8th to 4th.

Comment

• I aint beink dead yet!

I just have had some major comp hassles that has persisted to be just a bit more difficult to solve than I expected. Now I am up and running again, BUT, I can't get BtS to run in Linux....

Comment

Working...
                                X