Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on what you say therre Cyber, the majority or people now want the rule changed.

So change it ,

Thankyou

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
      it was already decided not to use the civstats site for diplo so this is a non game item that should be in the CHAT thread.

Meantime we are trying to discuss the organsiation of the double turn rule.

move along people.....
      Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
      Silence does not mean people agree Cyber.

All that was mentioned was double turns are bad.

Then some people said to wait 33% of the timer.

Enopugh people are concerned that it shoudl be discussed.
      Gotta love irony...

It was never decided (except perhaps by you) whether or not we should use the CivStats site... the only agreement was that people should use whichever they found easiest.
      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Raz, while I agree that we should discuss the issue, there is no way CS can possibly come up with a plan to fix it. There are so many ways at looking at this, and for now the rule stands at 33% of the turn. Reasons why the rule is not enough were put forward, but NO actual fix has been put forward other than take turns, but Pinchak has already explained how this won't work either (people will wait until the end of the turn to move thus limiting the other player's movements).

So you can't blame CS for not being able to come up with something else better when nobody has been able to do so, including yourself.

I don't think he said not to discuss the rule, I think he just said that when a majority of players wants it changed he'll agree to it. I think you're right that a majority of the people think the rule isn't going to completely fix the problem, but I don't think a majority sees a viable fix to the problem. So that's where I would focus if I were you.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• totaly agree mr MMC . hoever it seems that Ozzy can discuss whatever he wants and getthings done, but this discusion over an in game issue is not being resolved.

You missed my whole sarcastic tone in the post.. need a saracastic Smilie ...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
            I registered as TheCapo, is this going to be an issue?

I've also sent a diplomatic message as a test (ie it just says "test") to the Maya, so if that player wouldn't mind confirming that it worked that would be great. Another thing I noticed was there is an option to put a picture up (or at least a spot for an image showed up with a ? in it); does anybody know how I put up a picture?
            The CivStats site take the player name for each game from the game itself, so it doesn't matter what you signed up with (thus you can a] chang your name mid-game, and b] play multiple games via CivStats with different player names)

As for the picture, that simply shows the leader head for the civ you're speaking to. The BtS leaders are not in the CivStats database yet, and so only show as a '?'. Try sending me a message (McFungal) and you'll see what I mean.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

• BTW; its not like Cybershy has a magic wand or two stone tablets from God explaining the rules for Beyond the Pit. He is merely the guy in charge of organization because he took the time out of his life to set up our e-mails and our civstats page. So we should at least give him that much respect, especially when a lot of us are doing nothing more than complaining (I myself can be included in this, although I don't like to be).

If its such a big issue Raz create a thread, have it discussed there, get a consensus, even put up a poll if you want. I am sure Cyber will be happy that you took your own time to do this and that he didn't have to worry about it himself. You know what? I'll just do it.
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
                Raz, while I agree that we should discuss the issue, there is no way CS can possibly come up with a plan to fix it. There are so many ways at looking at this, and for now the rule stands at 33% of the turn. Reasons why the rule is not enough were put forward, but NO actual fix has been put forward other than take turns, but Pinchak has already explained how this won't work either (people will wait until the end of the turn to move thus limiting the other player's movements).

So you can't blame CS for not being able to come up with something else better when nobody has been able to do so, including yourself.

I don't think he said not to discuss the rule, I think he just said that when a majority of players wants it changed he'll agree to it. I think you're right that a majority of the people think the rule isn't going to completely fix the problem, but I don't think a majority sees a viable fix to the problem. So that's where I would focus if I were you.
                wrong Capo I gave the solution to pinchacks problem, IF someone holds the game up, he gets warned once, banned for twice.

I have solutiions....

Comment

• I was under the impression that the double turn rule had been solved (at least to the point of: In the event that no-one can agree, Cyber [as host] has veto and sets the rule)

Comment

• the doubleturn rule is set at not moving again till 33% of timer has gone.

if someone ignores this, then no action is taekn if you tell people that benifit resulted.

I wont go over the Mayan incident again, but rember we lost a player over this.

lets sort it out once and for all black and white so it doesnt happen again

Comment

• I put up another thread with a poll (which does NOT have all possible solutions at all) that will give us a general idea, the polling plans may not cover every idea, but its a thread we can discuss this in without tarnishing this thread. So let's move the debate there.

I would also appreciate it if everyone at least attempted to make a comment there, just so we know where everyone stands.

One Love.

Comment

• If people ignore the rules then there's indeed nothing we can do.

The Maya player has returned the worker, as the game-community wanted.
                        The original Korean player left because he misunderstood what a diplogame was about. He thought that force would not be a part of the game. (or something like that).

No, the 33% rule isn't perfect. But it's something.
                        If someone tries to exploit the rule, well, then that's up to him. It's a pitty if players want to win that way.

I'd say: if someone exploits the rules, make screenshots and post about it in the story thread. It may cost him many votes.

But why being so scared for something that may not happen at all. We're all civ-lovers, we all love the game that much that we want to play this game for 2 years, day by day by day by day. Nobody gains anything by winning or losing the game.

I don't think that people will try to exploit the game.
                        Remember that even the Maya didn't got any benefit from their 'double move'.

You shouldn't be that scared about not being the quickest, Raz. We're all trying to have fun. We're not ladder-players.

I advise you to enjoy the game more instead of imagining bears behind every tree. Just enjoy it. Don't see problems everywhere.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Whether maya got an advantage is up fordebate too.

He moved next to a cpaital city, this scared the player to attack and lost hisonly defender

then while debating in threads the mayan stole his worker.

this worker was returned much much later.

lots of advantage there.

Comment

• C'mon, let's keep this debate in the thread I made for it please.

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

I advise you to enjoy the game more instead of imagining bears behind every tree. Just enjoy it. Don't see problems everywhere.
                              The bears are gone now its axemen and archers behind every tree.

Comment

• Great job all that was the shortest turn so far

Comment

Working...
                                X