Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont worry about the barbs yet cuz its still too early for them to show up. only thing ull find right now are animals. so u really dont need a warrior right away. i dont know bout anyone else but i usually like to use scouts to explore early cuz i like to know whats around me and who is around me.

Comment

• a scout has the same strengt vs animals as a warrior. (scout = +100% vs animals)

a lion has strength 2, a scout has 2x1 = strength 2 as well. It's not very weird to lose from animals at any level, I think.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• scouts are good because they give better results from goody huts (*augh*) and because they are faster.

I think that scouting the surrounding terrain of your civ is very important as well, to locate good city locations.

And you obviously should contact other civs asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
          if your scout was on the hill when it happened did you hear the screams of pain comming from the viking scout or did the scout just dei fast without any noise?
          "It" was refering to the death of my scout. I don't have met other civ yet.

Comment

• The pitboss server will be restarted in a few minutes.
            Waiting for Japan to end his session, I'll reboot it after that.

Comment

• Game's up again.

Comment

• I just gained 3 points, but had no new tech, new unit, new population point or border pop... any idea of what happened ? Just curious.

Comment

• No idea.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                    a scout has the same strengt vs animals as a warrior. (scout = +100% vs animals)

a lion has strength 2, a scout has 2x1 = strength 2 as well. It's not very weird to lose from animals at any level, I think.
                    never ever lost a scout to a lion, sometimes to a bear, but never a lion.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                      scouts are good because they give better results from goody huts (*augh*) and because they are faster.

I think that scouting the surrounding terrain of your civ is very important as well, to locate good city locations.

And you obviously should contact other civs asap.
                      Unfortunatley i dont know good city locations, i just build my next city yo be reasonably close to my first city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
                        I just gained 3 points, but had no new tech, new unit, new population point or border pop... any idea of what happened ? Just curious.
                        Cheating !!!!

Comment

• Maybe your scout was in wide open spot and maybe there was more then one lion. I’ve lost scouts before in other games to lions but usually I only lost them cuz there were more then one group of lions attacking my scout. it very strange to lose to a lion but i guess s**t happens.

Comment

• Well it over now, jsut such a strange occurance, obviously a huge setback for my game and i needed every lucky break i could get.

Comment

• well if makes you feel any better as soon as my civ meets your civ i wont try to take any of your cities right away.

Comment

• I keep getting a network socket error in-game trying to log in. It happens at various times during the login process: sometimes before I get to the civ selection screen, sometimes while typing the password, sometimes while downloading game data. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

Working...
                                X