Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another map, showing the Corean/Greek proposal in yellow and the Mayan one in red. The Mayan proposal does not look like "roughly the same distance" between the capitals to me.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Vikings = "OMG its not a DIPLOgame, not a DIPLOgame, DIPLOgame... (insert paniced chicken noises here).

@ Korea, I cannot belive you are posting that particluar map again. OVER MY DEAD BODY will you get that deal. You had a chance at the first one you posted, but then you got greedy after Greeces suggestion and phucked it up for yourself.

So now you have my offer. Take it or leave it.

Comment

• Silly me, I thought it was a negotiation.

Comment

• ah it ok. most role play. some busy. maya good role and korea good.
          diplo role and game together! must be ready for all game has. worker steels and agree on power understanding. stronger get more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
            The community decided you give the worker back.
            Fact is, i suggested to fight it off. So there was no unanimity about the worker.

And fact is, that debate goes on for weeks now. If Corea had accepted the initial proposal, they would have had time to get out a new worker by now, and would be at peace again.

Yes, there was an early "war"... actually a skirmish, and the mayans won that one. They had won a worker and diplomatic initiative by doing so.

Coreans refused to cooperate (btw, the winner isn't supposed to make an equal purposal, only a fair one which he did IMHO) and don't have to wonder about being at war again.

This is totally normal diplomacy gaming. Problem - negociations - negotiations fail - war. It's logic.

And now please stop whining and start (role) playing.

Comment

• I prefer to see more IC debate in the story thread on this issue.

I guess Maya has a point, Korea didn't take that 1st peace deal. After all Maya is the winner of that 1st war so he can dictate the rules of the negotiations.

Korea you got a set back there. We all can see that, but you need to work around it and stop bringing the subject here over and over how tricky the Maya are and how they will not return the worker.

Well i guess they will never return it, so you need to look forward now. Adjust!

Do what is best for your civ now, diplo realistically!

Comment

• Well sorry to inconvenience you. Nevermind that this whole thing started by a cheap move, his actions have not been supported by roleplay and that the worker was grabbed while I was contesting the validity of his actions. Nevermind that we made a deal trading the worker for peace that he accepted and then went back on. Nevermind that I have been working in-character to negotiate a border agreement while he has just tried to powergame his way through.

Maybe I completely misunderstood what you folks meant here by a diplo game. I won't make that mistake again.

I'll reset my password to 1234 and Capo or whoever can take over for me.

Enjoy the rest of your game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                  Well sorry to inconvenience you. Nevermind that this whole thing started by a cheap move, his actions have not been supported by roleplay and that the worker was grabbed while I was contesting the validity of his actions. Nevermind that we made a deal trading the worker for peace that he accepted and then went back on. Nevermind that I have been working in-character to negotiate a border agreement while he has just tried to powergame his way through.

Maybe I completely misunderstood what you folks meant here by a diplo game.
                  Just think a moment.

Some of the best and most enjoyable games come from setbacks or bad starts. I guess you are a good player and you have religion.

I guarantee if you accept peace, build a Buddhist bloc and work as a close ally of Maya you will get far.
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Charles is HRE right?

They played another turn a little while back. Why are you not posting at all Charles?

It looks a bit sinister.
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Fight Fight Fight ... everyone over here !

This thread is starting to sound like a playground brawl when I was in primary school. Geesh ....

If Korea and Mayans have a problem let them get at it ... post story threads of the glorious war against the other side ... recruit others to join in the crusade but all this "yooou broke the rules or you didn't post or you didn't.... Honestly although I be flamed for this ... it is making this game sound silly.

Enjoy it (this situation) for what it is because seriously in real life diplomacy there is always a nation that doesn't play by the rules ... i.e. ironically North Korea? That was what the UN was supposed to be for.

{Wheels away from the mic to hear boos from the assembly.}

- Roosevelt

Comment

• Do you guys need a sub or something until you can get a regular player? I can take over for a while until you get someone long term if you want.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss America
                          Fight Fight Fight ... everyone over here !

This thread is starting to sound like a playground brawl when I was in primary school. Geesh ....

If Korea and Mayans have a problem let them get at it ... post story threads of the glorious war against the other side ... recruit others to join in the crusade but all this "yooou broke the rules or you didn't post or you didn't.... Honestly although I be flamed for this ... it is making this game sound silly.

Enjoy it (this situation) for what it is because seriously in real life diplomacy there is always a nation that doesn't play by the rules ... i.e. ironically North Korea? That was what the UN was supposed to be for.

{Wheels away from the mic to hear boos from the assembly.}

- Roosevelt
                          You're right.

And while it may be a break from my historic and legendary modesty, I would like to point out that HRE made a much cheaper move than the Mayans did since they haven't posted at all to try and justify their theft of my worker and I haven't whined here at all, just posted IC in the story thread.

But even though I'm not waving my arms about it OOC every 5 minutes I am rather concerned that HRE doesn't understand the rules of the game and has little interest in our format. Maya has been posting and understands diplogames, they are just more aggressive than other players, so that seems to be more acceptable than HRE who hasn't posted at all.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Krill

It would be great if you can help us out by taking over Korea - pass 1234

You are more than welcomed to stay as a perm player if you like to.

If not we will ask Capo to join in - let us know what you want to do.

Thanks

Comment

• Capo if you are interested in taking over let us know to ok?
                              Last edited by Toni; July 12, 2008, 14:16.

Comment

• Capo

Capo is good at getting whipped in diplogames. He'll make a deal with the Maya.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X