Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No huts for me so far, neither for the Russians, with whom I chatted today in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
      Hmmm, I fear that there are no huts. There were no huts on the premade map, I thought that the game would include the huts as soon as the scenario was started, but apparantly that's not how it works

anybody has seen any huts?
      well if no huts no pint exploring then... will mak the early game realy drag on now.

Comment

• No huts here either.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• hmm there goes the story threads.

Comment

• ah. how you say. less unbalansing if no hut?

no hut here and khmer find far.

Comment

• The answer:
              To you, we've got a tip: The CIV4 Flying Camera Mode!

It looks like quite a few players don't know about the flying camera mode in Civilization IV, which allows you to view the game in any camera angle and to zoom in real close.

To use it, you need to first activate it in the CivilizationIV.ini file, which is located under "My DocumentsMy GamesSid Meier's Civilization 4". Open the file in notepad then look for these lines:

; Allow Camera Flying
              AllowFlying = 0

Change the value to 1 and save, then in the game, just press ALT + CTRL + F to enable flying camera. After that, you can use the mouse to adjust camera angle and the arrow keys to navigate. To return to the normal mode, just press ALT + CTRL + F again.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• No huts here either.

But Bai Ganio doesn't care, huts are very unbalancing in civ IV. Actually i am happy that there are no huts.

Comment

• but us weak nations need the huts

Comment

• Well i guess the good thing with no huts is no need to login as often, only need to login when another unit is made to set it on auto move too.

Will see you all in a few thousand years when my city expands

Comment

• Yeah, I was wondering if i needed to manually put them in or not.

The computer generates the barbs without me putting their little barb citys/units, so I figured huts would work the same way.

Comment

• damn i was hoping no barbs too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Greece

Thanks for your answer, but I don't need an entire mod, I only want to adjust some units to make some cool screenshots.
                          it's not a mod. it simply makes the changes for you, with a handy interface. i am using it all the time.

Comment

• blue marble, isn't that a mod?
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I was blind, but now I see!

Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I think Pincak has done a good job of the map from what I can see so far and I don't miss huts at all. They are fun but in MP can alter the balance too much for some (although for top players it matters little).

Just a few slight concerns:

Map is big - not met anyone yet and have searched quite a bit. I don't mind this as a builder player but this could be bad if big builders get a dominant land area.

Perhaps there are too many resources? I found heaps. How were they distributed? As many as a script would deliver or did Pincak decide each one? The final balance of all this could be good for the game - just not sure yet.

And I'm assuming all the non-revealed resources had seeds planted? Like Copper, Horse etc...

All in all I like the design feel of the map - realistic mountain ranges and river systems.

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X