No announcement yet.

Rah's saturday game IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom build is always best of course HP is never. If you want something that you buy off-the-shelf, Dell is still reasonably good. Make sure it has a discrete graphics card (not Intel), other than that most things nowadays can handle Civ4. More memory (both system and graphics) the better, at least 1GB and preferably 2GB system memory, and at least 256MB and preferably 512MB graphics.

If your HDD is (physically) bad, don't reformat it, just get a new HDD... $100 or less for a huge one, nowadays, and you can reinstall the OS (if you have the OS disks) easily.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• thx Snoop

discrete graphics card
      2 GB memory
      512 MB graphics

Comment

• Yup.

If you want more specifics, post in the Tech Forum; particularly if you want to build your own. Aeson is the guru in all things computer building.

Comment

• I'm still down but I'll be back next week

Comment

• damn, was hoping you'd make it
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Are you really hoping to build a computer in a week?

It's doable if you order the parts by monday, 3 day average shipping i'd expect to Topeka...

I probably won't make it tonight, need to finish up this website stuff.

Comment

• If anyone is around tonigh let us know.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I should be getting my comp back mid week but I'd like a 3rd computer around for the internet at least so I'm considering a custom build.

Comment

• I'll be here Friday nite, Saturday is looking like golfing weather

Comment

• Man... it snowed here again today. Good luck!
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• we got lucky, last year we had a nasty ice storm with people all over w/o power for a week or more. This year it hit just south and east of us. Course when that happens it takes a few years for branches to grow into power line territory again so we have some "immunity" now.

Looks like low 50s Saturday and low winds
                        and I turn 50 in Feb so I qualify for a bunch of seniors tournaments on nice courses Old age is teaching me to slow my swing down

Comment

• I'm going to be ill if you play golf tomorrow. There's still a foot of snow on the ground here. *sigh*

Anybody going to be around tonight.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• hehe, 60 tomorrow and we got a tee time but the winds will be up. I have to wear New Balance running shoes with better arch support for my heelspur

I'll be here, back around 7

Comment

• So does that mean you are looking for a game tonight?
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• yup, I'll be back in 5-10

now yahoo says we'll hit 64 tomorrow

global warming

Comment

Working...
                                X