No announcement yet.

Rah's saturday game IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm... I'll be around at my normal time or a tad later. Keep me in the loop via ICQ.
    THANKS!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If there is a game tonight, I am down.

PM me the IP and a tentative start time plz.

Comment

• me too.

Comment

• hopefully start in around 20-25 minutes, ip will come when game goes hot
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• THE GAME IS HOT we'lll wait a bit for you but if it takes too long we'll start, but join in anyway and check it out, if it's realy early we could prob restart
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• damn this game is frustrating, I mean its ******* worse than golf
              I feel like I'm in slow motion moving units around and the enemy is just flying around like on autopilot. This 8 sec thing is really screwing with me

nevermind my griping, either I give the game up or I learn how to move units...pretty simple.

Comment

• Practice MP games with you as the only player. You get used to it.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm around and probably able to play tonight I'll be ready by 6 or so.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• You won't have me to kick around tonight, snoop.

Nice timing on the stack, waiting until after I had expended my resources defending against Pinchak. Thank goodness for my island cities.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Timing wasn't particularly intentional, more like I had my stack from fighting Berz and finished building it up to go towards you

Eating now, i'll be around 6:15 ish if we have a game tonight...

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Practice MP games with you as the only player. You get used to it.
                        I'll try that, part of the problem is me though. I really pulled a boneheaded move against Snoopy and paid for it, but he got my city and defended his own vacant city before I could even get my only unit highlighted to move. My screen automatically jumped to some other unit when my turn began and I'm stuck trying to scroll back.

btw, I changed my putting stroke and its working real nice. I removed my right hand from the grip and practiced swinging just left handed, then I put the right back on below the left hand like normal, but just enough to steady the club with my stronger fingers barely touching the grip with my weaker fingers (pinky) wrapped around my strong fingers on the left. I'm putting with the emphasis on my left hand and I swear its much better. My distance/speed has improved and the ball is coming off the club face in the direction I'm trying to roll it much more consistently. Shot par 72 today and would have been under 70 if not for several birdie putts left just short. I've been putting on far slicker greens lately and these were pretty slow today.

Comment

• My vacant city was defended by a unit that completed that turn. The only move I made faster than you was to take your city (and that was intentionally baiting you, of course). Don't take the bait.

If the screen jumps to another unit, you got caught in the no double move protection (8 second rule).

Comment

• oh of course, the city built him doh! I cant tell whats goin on, units appear and disappear so fast. It was the 8 sec deal, I ended my turn nabbing the worker when I should have unfortified a unit or two and made a move. Would that be enough? The unit(s) I want to start my turn cant be the same I moved near the end of my last turn?

I wont take the bait again

Comment

• You don't have to move anyone, you can keep the cursor on the same unit (I did)... you just have to have 8 seconds between the time you move the unit and the end of the turn.

Comment

• We'll probably be looking in the 9-10 range for tonight, (when ming frees up) if anyone is interested post and i'll check here and ICQ before we start.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X