No announcement yet.

What is your greatest wish for Civ 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CtP3 please, but if it has to be Civ4 then no more workers/settlers and slightly more advanced combat than a board game.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I liked the split up between settlers/workers. I never liked using expensive settlers to do the building of infrastructure. Civ3 was in that sense very good!

I've never tried CTP and it's system of PWs, but if that's a good solution, that could be smart to implement in a future Civ4.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Everyone wants better AI, but it's harder to do than to say. (However you say that in English.)
        The difference between industrial society and information society:
        In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
        In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

More atmosphere! Alpha Centauri managed wonder movies etc...I know they take time to make, but they really do give a great sense of a civilization progressing through the ages.
          Better Graphics, better AI are to be expected regardless.
          Also a flawless and powerful editor would make the game live on for years..
          I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

A 3d planet divided in hexagons (and 12 pentagons, a bit deformed to have the correct shape), with the possibility to colonize the moon with a "expanded game" option (NOTE: the spherical planet avoid the problems with a 2D representation of earth).

City names are related to the tile more than a list.

A living planet with earthquakes and the other stuff.

Possibility to have multimapping with different spheres (inverted spheres too, for inner earth). Is great for fantasy games!

Possibility to create areas limiting expansion ("flat maps") or linking areas (one direction tiles, you can't return where you stayed before, this is great to represent forces that come and can't be destroyed, or areas that for access you need a condition.)

3D ALL!!!

If Age of Mythology is 3D now, in 2005 that is when the game shoudl appear it could be amaizing!! Remember Black & White!!
            Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Extensible AI.
              Extensible diplomacy.

Complete modification ability.
              C-like scripting language
              Every game value exposed (using objects for every entity)
              Every game ability exposed
              Every game event exposed, with the ability to override, and alter the outcome, or values thereof.

Effectively unlimited units, improvements, wonders, techs. flexible flagging for all entities, with the ability to define programmatically what that flag does

I.E. say you create a wonder "Spartan philosophy and give it a flag WONDER_Spartan" and define that flags effect in code... rather than picking from other wonder effects, and giving different values.

The 'ultimate' situation would be to have ALL of the non-UI non-graphics part of the game... basically every game state event coded in the scripting language... so that anything could be altered, even the formulae.

MrBaggins

Comment

Colonizing the moon! That would be so cool, I can't believe no one thought of that before. And possibly Mars, too. The problem is different options of units and such for every planet. You couldn't just drive a tank on the Moon, could you?
                Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Originally posted by Centauri18
                  Colonizing the moon! That would be so cool, I can't believe no one thought of that before. And possibly Mars, too. The problem is different options of units and such for every planet. You couldn't just drive a tank on the Moon, could you?
                  hi ,

, we are not supposed to make war on the moon , ......

we could have a spaceshuttle or ISS , the benefits could be higher research results or so , .....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

You do need the opportunity for an actual, honest-to-goodness storyline in Civ4. I haven't played GalCiv, so I wouldn't know what that was like. And it would be good to have the story differ depending on alliances and such. I mean SMAC had the same story no matter who you played as. I mean, sure, the aliens can win in different ways, but that's to be expected. You need a flexible storyline for Civ4.

Comment

Oh, yeah, and the ISS would be very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Centauri18
                        Colonizing the moon! That would be so cool, I can't believe no one thought of that before.
                        The moon? That terrain would look even worse than the smac one does!
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Lots of more customization, Social Engineering concept.

Comment

Maybe I should have added "Better opportunities to edit and customize" as an option.

No one wants multiplaying? I've never multiplayed a civ game, but I thought that it was a higher priority for many other civers.
                            The difference between industrial society and information society:
                            In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                            In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Real time games just make so much better MP candidates. When I do want to MP, I generally play an FPS... and sometimes a RTS. You can play without serious commitment, and the 'loss' of a player is not a significant event.

MP is just there to solve an inherent problem in TBS games; the AI. The majority of people who buy TBS' buy them to SP... A great number of those who do MP, would SP more, if the AI was more capable and flexible.

Editing and customization is the whole ballgame, with TBS' for me... YMMV

Comment

Governments that have more of an impact on the development of civs leading to...
                                Civs that are more varied and inherently different from one another. Possibly Civ-specific wonders.
                                More detailed diplomacy.
                                "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

Working...
                                X