What is your greatest wish for Civ 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi ,

, the re-introduction of the civ II cheat , .....

way more simple to create certain scenario's , ....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I've read that there's something like a debug mode in PTW. Is that the same as a cheat mode?
      The difference between industrial society and information society:
      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

I voted AI...it's consistently identified as a critical element in the next release.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

i hate real time strategy - why not just play some first person shooter? well, 2 each his own....
            "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Re: What is your greatest wish for Civ 4?

Find a way to display women breasts in the game. And lots of them.

Comment

I have a feeling that might be somewhat down the agenda.

Comment

I voted for something else, which will never happen as long as Firaxis is conservative with the changes between titles, but here it goes...

I want to stop wasting all those tiles between cities, because let's face it, they really are being wasted. Sure, a city's population does some resource "mining" on the tiles, but only if the city is big enough to work that particular tile. Otherwise, what function do these tiles serve?

Some argue that you must pretend cities in the current games are really provinces due to scale issues. I say let's stop pretending and make it so. Let's switch to a province-based model, with the center tile as the capitol. Let's put population on every tile in the province, and stop wasting them. There are surprisingly few changes that need to be made to the game to make this happen, and it provides a much more satisfying gameplay.

Comment

AI is for those who have no hope for high-speed internet connection. However good it is it will be overcome. Multiplayer is the most important aspect in the next generation of civ. So what if you can beat the game, try beating a number of excellent players who can trash the AI just as well as you can. It would be a far more rewarding playing experience.
                    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I want a historical earth map with historical civ placements.
                      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

AI is for those who have no hope for high-speed internet connection. However good it is it will be overcome. Multiplayer is the most important aspect in the next generation of civ.
                        No. It's also for those who want to play a game over several days without the constraints of having to play when X is online and Y is not ill. MP is totally unimportant for some players.
                        Clash of Civilization team member
                        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I think TBS games of this day and age need to ditch 'spaces' altogether and go to vector-based movement, ala Highway to the Reich .

Spaces were originally used to make board games manageable and easy to play. Well, this is fine and dandy, but we now have mr.computer to handle our movement easily.

I could go on about my ideas on real-time, but then people would moan 'clickfest'.

Comment

One of my greatests wishes for Civ 4 is a government system like in SMAC. This also opens for the possibility to make a more interesting difference in the nations in the game compared to Civ 3...

Another wish I have is to keep it as a TBS game
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
                              No. It's also for those who want to play a game over several days without the constraints of having to play when X is online and Y is not ill. MP is totally unimportant for some players.
                              Agree... I've never played MP Civ 3... I once was about to start one but because I'm behind nat it would make it too much of a hassle to get started so I gave up... I didn't care much about it either so no big loss

I prefer to play MP games against people I know, which takes Civ out of the question since I don't know anybody who plays Civ games
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

ADG, no Civ3 PBEM?
                                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                                X