• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theViking

Just try, it does not take long.

Trust me, will do tonight

Comment

Airliner crash event

In the attached save, I get notified of the airliner crash event 3 times in 8 years - 1952, 1956 and 1960. I'm not sure that this is a bug (although I find it difficult to believe it is working as intended) and it may not be related to 3.17 (although I never noticed it before).

RJM
      Attached Files
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

In some games, I've gotten that event every turn for a period (or it's actually only a noticiation, it has no affection). That's 3.13 + Bhruic, haven't tried 3.17 yet

Comment

Apparently barrage is totally broken in 3.17:

Whats missing is a good example of barrage outperforming combat. Preferably with more than 50% siege units in your stack.

Comment

totally

Originally posted by =DrJambo=

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...276713&page=10
            Not sure about totally, but certainly noticed that there was no notification of collatoral damage for a tank with 3 barrage promotions.

RJM

Comment

Re: Airliner crash event

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
              In the attached save, I get notified of the airliner crash event 3 times in 8 years - 1952, 1956 and 1960. I'm not sure that this is a bug (although I find it difficult to believe it is working as intended) and it may not be related to 3.17 (although I never noticed it before).

RJM
              If I had to guess, that's probably an event that is not frequently in games, but has a high frequency of occurring once in (or high frequency if you have a lot of aircraft).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Re: Airliner crash event

Originally posted by snoopy369

If I had to guess, that's probably an event that is not frequently in games, but has a high frequency of occurring once in (or high frequency if you have a lot of aircraft).
                In this case, I discovered Flight in 1931 and Advanced Flight in1945; I had not build a single aircraft of any sort. However, surely it should only happen once for each player in any given game, irrespective of how many aircraft have been built. Actually, I'm not sure whether it was one of "my" events, or whether it was an Incan event - either way, 3 times in 8 years seems too high.

RJM

Comment

rjmatsleepers, you can HONESTLY say that you haven't frequently seen airplane crash events before?? While in some of my games they are rare, in many they ARE frequent (in 3.13)!

Perhaps you aren't civvin' enough.
                  Then again, unlike me perhaps you have a job, too.

Comment

Reinstall????

Why reinstall for a patch? Can I just go to the menu when I insert the disc and "Get Updates". Wouldn't that be the easiest? I have BTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                      rjmatsleepers, you can HONESTLY say that you haven't frequently seen airplane crash events before?? While in some of my games they are rare, in many they ARE frequent (in 3.13)!

Perhaps you aren't civvin' enough.
                      Then again, unlike me perhaps you have a job, too.
                      I've seen the aircraft crash event before - usually as the person in whose land the plane has crashed. I rarely see the other side of the event - where one of my aircraft crashes in an AI civ's territory and they have to decide what to do. This may be because I tend not to bother researching flight.

My point was that I didn't think it was intentional on the part of the game designers that the same event should happen 3 times in 8 years. Perhaps it was, but it seems rather odd.

RJM

Comment

Re: Reinstall????

Originally posted by logicman49
                        Why reinstall for a patch? Can I just go to the menu when I insert the disc and "Get Updates". Wouldn't that be the easiest? I have BTS.
                        Why do you want to reinstall? Most people don't have to reinstall
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by =DrJambo=

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...276713&page=10
                          That not good...

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

So one of the best promotions in the game is useless?
                            "

Comment

Reinstall Not

Maybe I just got confused by what Virulent said above...

Comment

Well, I'm definately not upgrading until someone creates an unoffical patch to make colaterial promotions work again.
                                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                                Templar Science Minister
                                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                                X