Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sigh.... Still no word on another patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh.... Still no word on another patch.

I keep coming here hoping to see news of the next patch which we're supposed to be getting in some century, but alas I'm disappointed yet again. I realize that Firaxis is busy with Civ: Rev, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. Are we to expected to live with a third party fix for the remaining problems in the game forever?

Seen as how the third party fix is easy to apply and fixes most everything (??) I don't see how an official patch is more than a formality. But that's me...
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

It's important for the MP community. We need an OFFICIAL patch.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe they are just extra carefull to fix all of the bugs since they probably won't get the founds for additional ones.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          It's also important for the modding community. Alot of mods, like Dales' Combat Mod, are based only on the official patch so anyone wanting to use both that and Bhruic's fix is out of luck. And I would like to make some changes to my own game but I'm rather reluctant to get too far into it since I'll probably have to start all over again once the patch is finally released. And if I can't make the changes I want, then I don't really want to play the game. My Civ 4 disc has been sitting on the shelf for weeks now because of the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            its also important for the tri-league tournament.

Comment

I say let them take the time. Its better we have a good final version of BtS than a broken one.

Having said that, I would still give money for a third expansion pack.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

No need for another expansion. Just the patch, please.

Or at LEAST someone to give us an idea of when it will be.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

There are never dates given for patches for obvious reasons. It has already been stated that Firaxis is working on a patch. (which is already a lot of info).

When a game is being released to early people complain that the game is unfinished and they should've token more time.
                  Now they work on a patch for a longer period, and people complain that it's taking too long.

Perhaps this is the latest patch. I hope Firaxis works as long on it as it needs to be worked on.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by jbp26

its also important for the tri-league tournament.
                    Definetly.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

Perhaps this is the latest patch. I hope Firaxis works as long on it as it needs to be worked on.
                      If by "latest" you mean "last" I quote this for truth.

Comment

Yeah... this will probably be the last patch or any kind of release for Civ 4. I want them to get it right, so it is worth the wait.

Bring on Civ 5 next
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                          I say let them take the time. Its better we have a good final version of BtS than a broken one.
                          Taking their time is one thing but this is getting ridiculous. And we don't even know whether they are in fact working on something at the moment. They've been up to their eyeballs with Civ:Rev and it's quite possible that they're put the patch on the shelf until that's done. If so, the least they can do is let us know. This extended limbo is getting annoying. I'd rather be informed that the patch will have to wait for awhile than come here on a regular basis hoping for news of it's release.

Comment

Kind of sad in a way, I realy love civ4. I think it is has surpassed all of its predecesors in every way.

We honestly could not say that for civ3.

Comment

There's no bigger joy then anticipation
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X